13rin
+977|6502

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

The officer may file a defamation suit...
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id … amp;page=1

I think the best solution would be for Gates to do a seminar on race relations with police and invite the police to join in for a real and frank dialog...  This could be turned into a positive...
Awesome.  I hope he does file a suit, and wins.

As to the seminar on race relations?  Gates seems like to much of a rasict to play that game...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA
Yeah the drum beating from the knee jerk, "you're a racist" blanket dismissal crowd has died down proportionately with the release of the cops background and the continued ranting of the nutty professor.

Sucks when you have your blanket arguments taken away, and are left exposed with the truth, defenseless, I suppose.

from your article above

"Today, the second police officer who was with Crowley during the arrest said the sergeant did what he was supposed to do.

Patrolman Carlos Figueroa told The Associated Press that when Crowley asked Gates to present identification, the professor shouted, "No, I will not!" Figueroa said Gates called Crowley a racist and shouted, "This is what happens to black men in America!" "

Gee, I am loving the way this is being exposed and is playing out.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-24 11:44:34)

Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6729

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Where is that bitch Jesse Jackson, he needs to speak out on this before he loses his credibility as a racist.
lol
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6404|the land of bourbon

lowing wrote:

Yeah the drum beating from the knee jerk, "you're a racist" blanket dismissal crowd has died down proportionately with the release of the cops background and the continued ranting of the nutty professor.

Sucks when you have your blanket arguments taken away, and are left exposed with the truth, defenseless, I suppose.

from your article above

"Today, the second police officer who was with Crowley during the arrest said the sergeant did what he was supposed to do.

Patrolman Carlos Figueroa told The Associated Press that when Crowley asked Gates to present identification, the professor shouted, "No, I will not!" Figueroa said Gates called Crowley a racist and shouted, "This is what happens to black men in America!" "

this is exactly why i was agreeing with u.  i knew some shit like this would come out, and everyone would have to eat shoe.  like i said before, this gates dude has EVERYTHING to gain by turning this into some huge fucking racial issue, when in fact his dumbass should have just listened to the cops.  when are these people going to learn the only thing that is keeping "racism" around are people who automatically play the race card when they don't get their way...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

steelie34 wrote:

lowing wrote:

from your article above

this is exactly why i was agreeing with u.  i knew some shit like this would come out, and everyone would have to eat shoe.  like i said before, this gates dude has EVERYTHING to gain by turning this into some huge fucking racial issue, when in fact his dumbass should have just listened to the cops.  when are these people going to learn the only thing that is keeping "racism" around are people who automatically play the race card when they don't get their way...
Race pimps Al Sharpton and Jesse jackson seem to know where this is headed as well, they are making very little noise over this.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/ap_ … rd_scholar

Ya know why Obam is back peddling? Because it is out, that his buddy, like so many of his other buddies (rev. Wright) is the fuckin racist, was wrong, and was rightfully arrested.

They can no longer peddle this story as a rogue racist white cop beating up on an innocent black man.

this is why race pimps Sharpton and Jackson are not getting involved and have backed off, also why the race baiters on this forum no longer post about it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6428|North Carolina

Red Forman wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Police%20report%20on%20Gates%20arrest.PDF
Hmmmm...no responses eh?  No surprise really.  Obama is like a lot of people on this forum.  They speak well with big fancy words and talk in circles but in the end they are just plain useless.
Get off your high horse, buddy.

I voted for Obama, but I don't support him on this one.  Gates would seem to be a douchebag, but you also have to consider that the cops aren't going to be objective either.  We're all human.

In all likelihood, this was a battle of egos between Gates and the cops.  The article S3v3n posted earlier seemed to sum it up well.

EDIT: I mentioned the wrong poster.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-07-25 13:30:24)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

Turquoise wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Hmmmm...no responses eh?  No surprise really.  Obama is like a lot of people on this forum.  They speak well with big fancy words and talk in circles but in the end they are just plain useless.

I voted for Obama, but I don't support him on this one.  Gates would seem to be a douchebag, but you also have to consider that the cops aren't going to be objective either.  We're all human.

In all likelihood, this was a battle of egos between Gates and the cops.  The article Harmor posted earlier seemed to sum it up well.
Not for nothing, buddy.  But that was aimed at the people 6 pages prior.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

In all likelihood, this was a battle of egos between Gates and the cops.  The article S3v3n posted earlier seemed to sum it up well.

EDIT: I mentioned the wrong poster.
Ok so ya voted for change. how are ya liking it so far?

Also the only one that looks like a dipshit is the nutty professor. As more comes out the more level headed the cop seems to be. Since ALL the cops on the force of ALL racial backgrounds support the cop, with no side stories coming out as to how racist he is or even unfair.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 14:48:48)

Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Also the only one that looks like a dipshit is the nutty professor. As more comes out the more level headed the cop seems to be. Since ALL the cops on the force of ALL racial backgrounds support the cop, with no side stories coming out as to how racist he is or even unfair.
My standards have fallen quite a bit since the dismal performance of Bush.  Obama's level of competence is satisfactory to me, but again, I'm not asking for much.  He's better than Bush, and he would have to do pretty badly to be worse.

As for Gates, I agree.  He's looking more and more like a race baiting cunt.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

My standards have fallen quite a bit since the dismal performance of Bush.  Obama's level of competence is satisfactory to me, but again, I'm not asking for much.  He's better than Bush, and he would have to do pretty badly to be worse.

kinda hard to believe since the recession only started like 7 months before Bush left office. In fact Obama has been dealing with it longer than Bush has, so if your standards have dropped off, ya might wanna look at your messiah.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

kinda hard to believe since the recession only started like 7 months before Bush left office. In fact Obama has been dealing with it longer than Bush has, so if your standards have dropped off, ya might wanna look at your messiah.
Just because I voted for him doesn't mean I idolize him or agree with all of his choices.

I was against the first bailout and most of the successive ones.  Unfortunately, both Obama and McCain supported the first one (as did Bush).  So, there is quite a bit of room for third party perspectives when it comes to dealing with our current economic issues.  Obama isn't taking the exact approach I would have, but then again, I didn't agree with Bush's or McCain's either.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090725/ap_ … disorderly

Here is the latest:

Apparently Gates has decided it is time to "move on" and hopes we all can "learn form HIS arrest". A far cry from the laws suits and documentaries he was gunna produce to show just how racist we all still are. but I agree, I think we can learn from "HIS" experience. ( please note it is only HIS experience and not the cops experience in being a victim of race baiting by a now know racist)

What we have learned is, apparently, race baiting is alive and well in the good old USA. and we have learned that race pimps are also found in the highest levels of Harvard.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6624|132 and Bush

I don't have all of the facts and I wasn't at the press conference last night, but I think its fair to say Obama responded stupidly ~Jon Stewart ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-07-27 11:32:36)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA
How about that, no mention of race at all, just a concerned citizen.

Gates is the fuckin' racist, and now it is plainly clear. He is a race baiter, looking for racism, and when he can't find it, he damn sure will INVENT IT.

What is pathetic is when the usual suspects on this forum realize that they could no longer bash the cop, and that the nutty professor turned out to be the racist, they abandoned the thread, with out acknowledgment of it, or praise for the cop for dealing with it rationally and professionally.

If I were the cop I would press forward with my lawsuit against Gates, and tell Obama he can drink alone, but I am not as classy as this officer apparently is.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6470|Chicago, IL
Gotta side with Lowing on this one, Gates is the racist here, it's pretty clear he threw down the race card as soon as the cops arrived, so he deserved to be arrested.  Now if we can only get Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton off the streets, the world will be a safer place.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6766|Reality
Ah that was the only question still in my mind: whether it was 'I saw 2 black guys...' or not. Even without this last piece of information, the professor is still a douche for badgering a cop who was doing his job making the professor's home wasn't being ripped off.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

who started all this? i guess i'm asking, was it a neighbor that called in a possible home burglary?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

burni$te wrote:

who started all this? i guess i'm asking, was it a neighbor that called in a possible home burglary?
Yes.  It's quite obvious.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

Red Forman wrote:

burni$te wrote:

so, any chance the neighbor was the racist?
neighbor: "There's that douche Gates, stupid fuck locked himself outta the house . . . "
Neighbor: "hello, 911? my neighbor's house is being broken into . . . yeah, it's a black man, trying to pry open a window."
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5423

burni$te wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

burni$te wrote:

so, any chance the neighbor was the racist?
neighbor: "There's that douche Gates, stupid fuck locked himself outta the house . . . "
Neighbor: "hello, 911? my neighbor's house is being broken into . . . yeah, it's a black man, trying to pry open a window."
Apparently you didn't listen to the 911 recording I posted a couple posts ago.  Take 5 minutes and try again.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA
Even if she did say she saw "2 black guys", is saying they were black all ya need for racism to exist? She was describing them, no different as if she said 2 caucasians or white guys with long hair, and beards. How the fuck would you describe to the police people you are describing call the black guys white so you are not being racist?

I guess it does not take much to be considered a racist on this forum, like I am surprised. Now black people are insulted if you describe them as black? Good God!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6682|BC, Canada
dun dun dun... was the neighbor in on it? how does she not recognize her neighbor. He bribed her to call.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6520

Red Forman wrote:

Apparently you didn't listen to the 911 recording I posted a couple posts ago.  Take 5 minutes and try again.
oh, my bad~ streaming media gets blocked by the firewall, that's why i asked the question. my mistake, Gates wasn't the douche.
lighten up on the atitude forman, you've been a member less than two weeks and you think you're the be-all and end-all of the forum.
let other people post too . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard