jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
Lately this is how things go when playing this game . I join a game 90% of the time I'm have no chice but to join the lossing team . The team has no commander . The other team has ACE pilots wreaking havoc . There is only one squad , he is a sniper and no one is on his team . I make a squad and recruit people . No one joins . We lose the round 118-0 . I notice the teams were 20 vs 5 - no auto balance . So I leave the game .
  I join another server . Same thing . My team is getting slaughtered . But we have a commander but low and behold he is in the heat of battle getting killed and not doing his job . Then i get TK'ed from stray bombs because I'm next to one single troops that I could have probably killed myself . We only have one flag left so I no choice but to spawn there . I get killed the instant I respawn by spawn campers . Sigh . I spawn again and get killed again . I respawn as an engineer to fix the artillery since no one else is . I fix it all , the UAV and the scan radar but get killed due to 5 troops firing at me . Once again we have no commmander because he either lost connection or got booted for too many TK's . I pick commander . The instant I get the position I get a vote cast to kick me .  I ignore it and try my best to commander the troops . No one listens to any commands even though they are good ones leading them . A squad leader is very close to a flag that is white and has no enemy troops around it .I UAV it for him .  I ask him to cap the flag and he says " negative " . Again we loose the round 134-0 .
  So I leave and join another server . This one I find out has punishment turned off . There is a teamkiller wasting everybody on the carrier with the AA guns . Another is on some far off place on the map spamming " enemy units on the move " the whole round . So I leave this server and find another .
I join another server and I get on the US side . We are winning . I take out the artillery UAV and scan . Things are good but then I realize the temas are 20 to 3 again - no auto balance .
So I pack up and leave to find another server . I find one . Things look even . I run to a chopper as a gunner . Some guy plops a bunch of C-4 on us and TK's us . So I TK him in return and get booted imediately .
  So I go to another server . Kubra DAM . Things are the same . I'm on the loosing team once again and try my best . I grab a chopper and cap a flag but get killed by an ACE pilot . OK fine I can deal with it . I respawn high up on the side spawn of the dam and try to snag the chopper in the middle since the US has'nt used it yet . I walk all the way there since there are no jeeps around . It takes a while to get there . I finally make it there to see a team member snag it . Before I can get to him he takes off ignoring my plea to "get a ride ". Gee nice teamwork . He flies down and hovers over the airport flag and dies because he's hoving over the flag accompanied by an eney tank , APC and a jeep . Nice move . I snag the flag at the main dam and grab an APC to fix the artillery . I fix the artillery and head to the flag at the MEC airport . Of course there is no back up and I get killed . Least I turned the flag white . I respawn at our only flag and snag a buggy . Some guy jumps in - finally some backup . I make my way to the airport . I see a tank and avoid it . But the asshat up top fires at it with the 50. cal alerting the tank to our position . The tank kills us both and we eventually loose the game thereafter .
Ok , new round fresh start . Everyone is waiting for the chopper that has already left to make trouble . They all get killed by a jet . 3 flags are taken by the US in a matter of minutes . Someone is commander at least but isn't using the UAV artillery or anything . He is just laying prone by the airport waiting for a jet to spawn .
I grab a buggy and some guy jumps in . We are driving and he presses the exit vehicle button killing himself and punishes me for it . He calls me a noob . No more then a minute later I run over some idiot who runs directly into my path - another punishment . I take out a chopper hoving with the 50. cal . I c-4 a tank and defend a flag but kill another special forces guy trying to do the same - 3rd punishment and I'm booted .

This game is simply  unenjoyable to me anymore for this shit happens day in , day out . I can honestly say that one game out of 10 is really enjoyable . I think I've had enough of this game . First game I can think of that I considered never playing again . You guys have the same thoughts or exspiriences ?

JK
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

I agree.  I am really starting to miss Joint Ops.
ProDicTeD
+2|6800
you're not the only one. I really sometimes HATE this game.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6736|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
dude, just join some better servers. where the admins are active. join smaller servers, you get killed less and theres less lameage.
MAJ-DMK-
+1|6654
i have abandoned the vanilla maps because of that kinda gameplay.... I tend to stick to the SF maps now and I find that you will get a better game experience around 6 EST.
raz
+22|6656|England, UK
Yeah, this punishing thing need to be sorted out. Almost all the time i get booted for tk'ing by accident or even peeps running infront of my jet/apc on purpous because i won the vehicle. Verrrrrrry annoying, all this stats stuff makes you pissed when this happens. In vietnam etc. it's much more relaxed.

Althought the stats system does make you play the game more and gives you a goal.. ..until you get fed up (you for instance) and have had enough of trying hard and gettin it fired back in your face. Maybe soon ther'll be no BF2 community atall? Hmm, who knows..
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
Never heard of joint ops so I did a search and found the screenshots . I bust out laughing at this one screenshot http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/703/7 … 87987.html I don't know why it's so funny to me just is hahahahaha . Graphics look pretty dated but I'll let graphics take a backseat to good\fun gameplay anyday .
The graphics and textures on the ground though remind me of a game called Tribes . You ever play Tribes ? Was way back in the day but that was the first on-line game I ever played . There have been 2 more versions of the game but both failed miserably . The first one though was absolutely the best on-line game ever and still holds ground . Was also the first squad base on-line game at the time . Matter of fact Tribes is THE game that inspired on-line squad based warfare type games . I remember the good old days of spending 15 minutes setting up defenses and fortifying it tactfully killing base rapers . I remember having solid 15 minute sniper fights at 1500 meters and getting headshots . On Scarabre level trying to jump perfectly from one side of the level to another to land directly in a doorway that's about 8 feet wide at what seemed like 800 mph . Placing teleports inside the enemy base and having like 5 troops assault the enemy base inside blowing up thier main generator and winning the game . Flying the hulk troop transporter and assaulting bases was the shiz . The ability to stick laser turetts on wall and man them yourself through a command unit was cool too .
Planting trees around your base for the hell of it . Engineer was the gest though . You could do anything as an engineer . I remember getting to the enemy base and planting 3 laser turrets on the outter walls . 3 rocket turrets on their roof and a few shock turrets to protect them . People would come out of thier base and just get wasted . One man could hold off 10 people if he was good enough . I miss that game so much .Too bad no one plays it anymore - I saw it at K-mart used bin for 3 dollars lol .
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
I don't know man . This game just seems filled to the brim with frustrating events more then any other game I've ever played . I've had my fair share of frustrating things happen to me in other on-line games but man I just can't get a break on this one . It's kind of like when I was in the service - I loved and hated it every day but I woke up every day playing soldier lol .
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
update : I was just on Sharaqui pennisula . I join and my team is helplessly getting it's ass whooped . Oh well , new round . We lost all 7-8 flags within 3 minutes flat . Then got base raped and the round was over with 280-0 . F this game lol .
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Hmmmm...try Special Forces.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Well of course Joint Ops seems outdated.............thats cause it is.  A couple years old I beleive.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/enemy_ … s_preview/

lol once this comes out it's goodbye BF2 - Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !

As for trying special forces I have no dout I will exspirience the same things I listed above . I'll pass .
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6744
The problem here, of course, is that the game is wonderful. I have seen only a handful of complains, and they are more like "well id kinda like to see this too". I have a couple, everybody does.

The real problem here: THE PLAYERS. i belive the equation goes "ordinary person + internet + complete anonymity = complete asshat". It holds true.

The best option, is to be picky with your servers. if things arent going your way, swap servers. find a server that you frequently can stand, and pick it as a favorite.

The other option, is play when fewer kids play. in otherwords during the week before 3, and on the weekends really really late.

These two work for me, and i still run into asshats. it happens, so i swap servers, and just go play elsewhere.

I still enjoy the game; the game is wonderful. I just make it my perogative to avoid asshats.
petethecheese
+9|6755|England
Seriously bud, I hear you.  Some games are good, others are by completre asshats.  Have you tried joining a clan?  That way, you got your own server, own buddies and if any asshats start tking, your own admin can kick them.  I found it's the best way to try and get a decent game.  Problem is, which clan?  give us a try, =REF= at www.ref-hq.com/phpBB2 or our server, REF Battlegrounds on battleserver,net.

Give it a try - you may even like it!!
Maj.Do
+85|6744|good old CA

jonnykill wrote:

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/enemy_territory_quake_wars_preview/

lol once this comes out it's goodbye BF2 - Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !

As for trying special forces I have no dout I will exspirience the same things I listed above . I'll pass .
yea quake wars!
bgthigfist
+0|6797

jonnykill wrote:

This game is simply  unenjoyable to me anymore for this shit happens day in , day out . I can honestly say that one game out of 10 is really enjoyable . I think I've had enough of this game . First game I can think of that I considered never playing again . You guys have the same thoughts or exspiriences ?

JK
Dude,  join a clan of decent guys and play on your own server, then you can BOOT the asshats.  It's not rocket science.
Arkane
+1|6675
ET:QW is going to pretty much drag the BF crowd away.  There are already tournament planners setting up for it, and clans ready to switch the day it comes out. 

Of course, folks will decry it as well.  I agree with the things you say about BF.  It applies to both BF2 and SF.  Damn shame it's going the way of CS.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6671

bgthigfist wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

JK
Dude,  join a clan of decent guys and play on your own server, then you can BOOT the asshats.  It's not rocket science.
I won't mention the clans that I have joined but that's not really the answer either . Most clans are too hardcore and if you don't have team speak and show up for practice you get shit on and kicked from the clan anyhow . I've never really hung onto a clan for more then 2 weeks . If I had to find a clan that was level headed , not too hard core filled with a bunch of people who just want to play the damn game then it WOULD be rocket science to search for one .
BF2 is designed to be a team playing game but no one really joins in . The Commander position is just simply too much power for people to handle and Qwake wars identified that . Man I wish I could work for that comapny .
DSRTurtle
+56|6678
I hate games where the team i'm on gets whooped 250+ to 0.   Unfortunately it does happen for a variety of reasons.  The same with people TKing for vehicles.  The last game I was in with a TKer who was on my team TKing people pissed me off so bad I switched sides mid round.  I normally don't switch sides mid round unless forced to by auto balance.  However those bad rounds/days seem to happen rarely.  Most of the time I have medicore rounds.  a few kills a lot of deaths and some points.  However, every now and then I have one of those rounds/days you want all the time.  The ones where you kill the guys before they see you.  The guys on your team work together and the enemy makes it a good challenge win or loose.  The last one of those was friday, when I was commander.  I wasn't looking at the score or anything.  The squads I commanded were alert and extremely cooperative.  The enemy was just as good as our team.  We would take flags, and they would take them back almost as quick.  When it was over we won something like 10 - 0 and I ended up in 3rd place with 124 pts.  I have had other rounds just as pleasing as that one.  So they do occur.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard