1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

had it done two years ago. didn't even hurt afterwords. didn't take a single pain pill. the worst part was having to eat mashed potatoes eveyday for a week.
meh, that's just a recommendation.   I ate some Burger King after I had a couple pulled, then again I wasn't knocked out.  But I do remember trying to drink my soda and realizing I couldn't get any negative air pressure,  apparently the root was so deep it went into my sinus.

Every time I tried to drink my drink, my nose made a whistling sound.  I pinched my nose and I could then take a drink, but some soda got into that hole.   JESUS THAT HURT.

so I had to go back for stitches.

What was even cooler was during the removal process, the Dentist was using these pliers, and one of the teeth had a massive cavity, and it shattered in my mouth.  it sounded like a rock was crushed.   That'll get the adrenaline going let me tell you.  but with a few incisions, the bugger came out.
hmmm i was told i couldn't eat anything solid for a week. didn't have any problems afterwords. it was pretty sweet when they knocked me out though. they operated for like an hour or so but it only felt like it lasted 10 seconds. i was all fucked up when i came to. it was like after being at a party but without my ass hurting.
It's probably not the best idea to eat solids, but I've never had issues with it.  Medical advice is always excessive, rightfully so really.

It's pretty uncommon that I follow any medical follow-up advice.  Not because im tough or something, its just ridiculous usually to go to a doctor three times after getting stitches or something else minor.     They are stitches, I'll remove them thanks, and save a hundred bucks in doing so.  I'll come in if something starts turning green. Other than that.  No thanks.