Nazfan
+0|6656
hi , i bought bf2 today and i have just installed it , when i click on the desktop shortcut it loads and it comes up with the battfield 2 logo and my screen gos black for about 5 seconds and it just cuts off , i get no message or anything .

can anyone help me ?
Cheers
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Did you play the demo first?  Because your computer may not be able to handle BF2.
Nazfan
+0|6656
no ive not played the demo , i have all the minimun requirements though
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

hmmm....update your graphics card driver?
Nazfan
+0|6656
ok i might try tht after ive downloaded a patch thanks man
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6684|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
he might have  a 92** series which people commonly think it works because its above the 8500 requirement, i d k just guessing
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6765|Scotland!!!
Ummmm, yeh i think he does...  an it aint in the manual for supported video cards...  that should still let him open the game up though huh?  he should be able to get to BFHQ an stuff...
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6713

SAS-Lynx wrote:

Ummmm, yeh i think he does...  an it aint in the manual for supported video cards...  that should still let him open the game up though huh?  he should be able to get to BFHQ an stuff...
even the SAS cant help....lmao
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6765|Scotland!!!
, well maby i can, hes a friend an im goin round l8r.
DuVeL
+2|6658|New Gitland, the Netherlands
First things first:
Install latest patch, update your soundcarddrivers and also the ones from your videocard.
Nazfan
+0|6656

DuVeL wrote:

First things first:
Install latest patch, update your soundcarddrivers and also the ones from your videocard.
ok , lets just hope it works , i remember when i bought bf vietnam it didnt work either , well it opened n all tht but when i went to play it , it would load and cut off b4 i spawned
Nazfan
+0|6656
iv installed the patch for BF2 but it gives me this error, anyone know wtf it means?

https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Croney9/error.jpg
Nazfan
+0|6656
an also, how do i find out my sound card an graphics card?
Buffnuggles
+11|6721|The Hague, Netherlands
It looks like you have troubles with DirectX. Do you have this installed on your computer???
If not install DirectX 9c (or higher)!!

What kind of videocard do you have????
Nazfan
+0|6656
ok man , can u link me to the download of the direct x i will need plz
Nazfan
+0|6656
i have no idea wht kinda video card i have lol , but it cant be tht bad it dont stop me playing flight simulater and tht
DuVeL
+2|6658|New Gitland, the Netherlands
DirectX can be installed when you enter the Bf2cd
If you go to: Start/Run and in there type: dxdiag , it'll make a diagnostic scan of your computer and it will show you what you have in your computer. Post that here.
Nazfan
+0|6656
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Croney9/drx.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705
not enough ram... but we do need to know what vid card though, i can play flight sim 2004 on intergrated though...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Buffnuggles
+11|6721|The Hague, Netherlands
It isn't the Memory. I played BF2 with 512MB a long time and had no problems, except the long map loading.
It is about the videocard, there can be 2 problems of this failure:

1) If you are running an video card which does not support Hardware Transform and Lighting (TnL), the program won't work. You will need to upgrade your video card to a model which support Hardware TnL.

2) If you are running an video card with the Nvidia latest driver version, then BF2 will crash with the "Failed to create d3d device" error. You will need to download and install the previous Nvidia driver to run this game.

So could you show us the tab of the DirectX Diagnostic Tools "Display"?????

Last edited by Buffnuggles (2006-02-06 05:24:32)

Nazfan
+0|6656
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Croney9/divx.jpg
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6781
I have the same problem.  It only started yesterday so I figure I must have installed something bad on Saturday.

System:

P4 3.0Ghz
2Gb Corsair DDR RAM (4x512Mb)
XFX Geforce 7800GTX 256Mb
Viewsonic 19" VX924
Creative X-Fi Music.

I did update some software over the weekend but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.  Some kind of Windows Update thing, I think.
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6661|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nazfan, your computer has integrated video, which... really, really, really, sucks and cannot run Battlefield 2.
Nazfan
+0|6656
aww well thts £20 down the drain
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6689|MoVal So-Cal
I know the game has some wierd startup bugs. But when you start it just goes strait back to the desktop? I dont know if this will work but you can try...after the logo pops up take the disc out of the tray.

It may sound crazy but on my little brothers computer the game just starts and goes to a black screen and wont load or anything until we take out this cd from the disc tray, once the disc is out and the tray is closed the Ea games logo pops up and the game runs normally.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard