CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6507
The other day I went to the movies and saw bruno.  I was wearing my Oakley Blade II watch, as i always do.  I come out of the theater to see that on the underside of the crystal face it is all fogged up... this has never happened before and was a little worried so i let it sit by itself for a few days to dry out i guess.  Anyways, a few days later and i look at it and on the hands there is a white precipitation that is preventing the hands from moving and it won't go away.

1.  How did this happen? It is the first time ever and I don't see any unusual circumstances the watch was in..

2. How do i fix it?

pics:

https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/1337-1337/DSC00330.jpg

https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/1337-1337/DSC00332.jpg
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6446|Boulder, CO
Could it be that the battery has leaked and that the white precipitate is the battery fluid.

NB: I have no knowledge whatsoever regarding watches.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Take it to a watchmaker or a jewelry store and let them look at it. You don't want to mess it up worse by trying to fix it.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Not to be blunt, but there's a reason cheap watches are cheap.  wear it, enjoy it, toss it and find another.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto

Reciprocity wrote:

Not to be blunt, but there's a reason cheap watches are cheap.  wear it, enjoy it, toss it and find another.
What? It's a $500 watch. If $500 is cheap for a watch then I must have lost my grasp long ago.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Reciprocity

Pochsy wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

What? It's a $500 watch. If $500 is cheap for a watch then I must have lost my grasp long ago.
a.  You're paying for the Oakley brand
b.  it's non-chargable battery powered 

it's no higher quality than a $50 eddie bauer brand watch.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto

Reciprocity wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

a.  You're paying for the Oakley brand
b.  it's non-chargable battery powered 

it's no higher quality than a $50 eddie bauer brand watch.
Ah, I assumed when you said "there's a reason cheap watches are cheap" you were referring to the low price of a poorly made watch, not the poor design of an expensive watch. Please, do explain what "cheap watches are cheap" means with respect to a $500 Oakley. I don;t see how it could be interpreted any other way.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Reciprocity
I was trying to be civil in my first post and not mention that only an idiot pays $500 for a piece of costume jewelry.  In relative terms, yes, it's a cheap watch.  $500 buys you a name or some quality, but not both.  Most watches below $800 aren't worth paying to fix.  Unless you think it's economically feasible to spend $300 fixing a $500 piece that you couldn't sell for more than $100.  so yes, you have lost your grasp.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
Perhaps your jeweler has the wool on; I don't recall paying $300 to repair my Bulova casual daily watch with a broken dial requiring replacement parts and a day's labour. I surely hope you do not believe anything less than $800 is a throw-away-piece, that's just poor money management. Beside that the replacement parts and simple design of 'cheap' watches ($50-800 by your claim) requires far less investment both in time and money.

Get the watch taken care of by a jeweler.
screw the watch - just use your cell phone
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6390

Any water fogging up the face under normal is an indication of poor build - it's meant to be sealed against moisture entering in the first place.  But seeing as that stuff is sticking the hands, it doesn't seem like water is your main problem.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Holy shit, I had no idea those were so expensive for what they are. And that is a very ugly, very poor quality watch.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

NO watches are cool
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6407|Somersetshire

menzo wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

NO, Digital watches are cool
phone clock > watch

watches just aren't needed any more as pretty much everyone has a need for a phone and all phones conveniently have a clock
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Digital watches are for 13 year old boys.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫

Tehremos wrote:

menzo wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

phone clock > watch

watches just aren't needed any more as pretty much everyone has a need for a phone and all phones conveniently have a clock
nothing beats some nice analogue style.  and looking at your wrist >>> getting phone out of your pocket and turn the screen on
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6472|Kakanien

ghettoperson wrote:

that is a very ugly, very poor quality watch.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Just buy cheap watches, then you don't need to blub when they pack up/get scratched/filled with cement/stop working because you went swimming with it on.
The most I can remember spending on a watch is $80.

Paying a lot of money for a cheap watch because it has a logo on it is not the path to enlightenment
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

that is a very ugly, very poor quality watch.
ugly watch is ugly

10 year old Timex Expedition FTW <3

Last edited by krazed (2009-07-20 06:24:15)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

Thats a really ugly watch.  My $15 Timex looks way better

I had an expensive watch that I really liked, it could tell the temperature and altitude and a bunch of stuff for about 3 years but lost it a while ago.  Since then I've had a couple cheap watches I wear mostly for the stopwatch and I'm perfectly fine with them
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

knife blade watch handles = canadian loser is a serial killer
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6581|SE London

Throw it away and buy a new, cheap, less hideous one.

$500
MrMagoo
Not welcome @ BF2S
+12|5406
Blame bruno.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

Tehremos wrote:

menzo wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

phone clock > watch

And if you have CDMA/3G the time is synced (except for that hectic week earlier this year when they made DST a week early).

Phone > Watch.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
Get a real timepiece cl. A real timepiece shows you have style.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard