13rin
+977|6471
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392
I can't really watch golf unless Tiger is playing.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand

Red Forman wrote:

I know fucking karate
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
ow that is a first for him at a major, isn't it?

nope the second time. oh wells

GO WATSON GO!!!!

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-07-17 15:22:12)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
3rd round over and Tom Watson age 59 is leading by 1 stroke. His co-leader after 2 rounds is now tied for 10th.

Can he win the Open championship?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Red Forman wrote:

T. W. is leading, by 1. i love these quotes, people hooking their wagon to the world's number one. "Tiger, or nothing!11!!"
A historic run by the '77 Open winner,  Woods doesn't play the weekend, and the 'forgotten' course in the rota is holding it's own.

This is a weekend for golf fans, not personality fans.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

I can't watch golf.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

burni$te wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

T. W. is leading, by 1. i love these quotes, people hooking their wagon to the world's number one. "Tiger, or nothing!11!!"
A historic run by the '77 Open winner,  Woods doesn't play the weekend, and the 'forgotten' course in the rota is holding it's own.

This is a weekend for golf fans, not personality fans.
Excuse me but I do not like what you are implying.  I have never been a huge fan of watching golf.  I would never watch it on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.  But on Sunday when Tiger is playing I will most likely tune in.  You strike me as one of those purist types who think casual golf fans are a detriment to the sport.  Yet you have no problem with the titanium clubs or balls designed to go further and further.  And it would appear you have no problem with the golf media making it all about personalities.  And what do you mean "hooking the wagon?"  He is the only golfer I like and maybe I like him because he isn't one of the fat, white, rich snobs who dominated the sport for years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard