I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6150|Scotland!
public players are brainless and shit with a commander

on no commander servers its astounding how much some players can fail to defend or capture flags
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6017|Aberdeen, Scotland
Because no-one ever checks their damn map.

Also, it amazes me how some people seem to be completely oblivious to the text in-game, for important stuff such as losing or capping flags.
It's even more frustrating when I'm yelling 'defend this (critical) flag!' [as a player, not commander], and just get ignored...the game then turns into a rapefest when we lose all our heavy equipment. Not fun.

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-07-21 15:03:37)

edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5416|USA
Amerikan BF2 comp is taking the no commander idea for a spin for S11 5v5 in twlol. About 2 years too late, but it's still better than nothing.

I've come to enjoy it tbh. I've never liked UAVs in general but found them necessary since you know the other team is bound to have one...when both teams don't have one, it's much more fun.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5444|Dublin, Ireland
Bunch of fucking idiots in this thread.

BF2 is/was/always will be meant to be played with vehicles - 8v8/12v12 on 16/32 size maps.

Infantry only is fun, but it's not the real BF2. You might aswell hop along to CSS or CoD4 if you're playing BF2 simply for the I.O aspect of the game.

And yes, no UAV does increase the skill, tactics and competition in infantry only matches.

Americans play with UAV by TWL/CAL rules, and they still manage to fail hard... But yeah, no UAV > UAV & Conquest > Infantry Only.

Mmkay?
Ei Em
+7|5507

Oisín wrote:

BF2 is/was/always will be meant to be played with vehicles - 8v8/12v12 on 16/32 size maps.
What is this? Is meant to be played? What is this shit? Not meant to be played? If there's an option to play other way, then how it is not meant to be played like that?

Oisín wrote:

And yes, no UAV does increase the skill, tactics and competition in infantry only matches.
I see this differently. If both teams has a good commander (spotting commander, none of these UAV-only-sitting-ducks) then you really need to rely on tactics and moving. Not just random running and killing everyone you see. (Of course I'm talking about high populated games with, or without, vehicles.)

But I do agree that IO is fun but the playing with vehicles has it all. More depth with vehicles.
MrAnderson

Ei Em wrote:

What is this? Is meant to be played? What is this shit?
It's pretty true, just that Irish thinks he is God, so he comes over as a bit of a twat.

I think IO in Bf2 is fairly horrible, the game wasn't designed for it, and it shows; remember the 'option' to do so was only added with the 1.4 patch, due to people complaining that they couldn't handle vehicles. Thus we have masses of Kark servers running IO, populated mainly by nade + prone-spamming g36e whores.

That said, if people enjoy it, fair enough, just a shame that a game with so much potential is reduced to this in most cases
Ei Em
+7|5507

MrAnderson wrote:

I think IO in Bf2 is fairly horrible, the game wasn't designed for it, and it shows; remember the 'option' to do so was only added with the 1.4 patch, due to people complaining that they couldn't handle vehicles.
Yes, it wasn't designed directly for it - but that doesn't mean it is not meant to play this way. Things evolve. There's no right or wrong here.
Besides I think people didn't go for Karkand 24/spam because they couldn't handle vehicles. More or less they went there because they hated dying in 24/air-whoring jet/choppa kings raping everyone, and as usual, very easy points.

But I am with you, so much potential (in my opinion) is wasted on those 24/something-IO-servers.
MrAnderson

Ei Em wrote:

More or less they went there because they hated dying in 24/air-whoring jet/choppa kings raping everyone, and as usual, very easy points.
It's true, being pounded by aircraft ain't fun, usually happens when your team's air units fail to engage the enemy...I can understand that, but often I hear people crying about tanks etc on Karkand and other city maps; the people who do so are those who refuse to try playing any kit other than medic or sniper, and that's what annoys me

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-07-22 12:14:47)

wotg
Mr
+3|5422|Norway
When we are on the subject of commander. Why on earth are so few people creating or joining a squad?
Do so few people realize that if your in a squad you can spawn where the rest of your squad is or if your squad leader you can give your team mates orders or talk with them?
It`s a huge tactical advantage, but still i see lots of people playing as lone wolfs.
On more thing; why do people start votes against you all the time, i`m guessing it`s bacause they can, but still it`s lame as fuck.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6341|Graz, Austria

wotg wrote:

When we are on the subject of commander. Why on earth are so few people creating or joining a squad?
Do so few people realize that if your in a squad you can spawn where the rest of your squad is or if your squad leader you can give your team mates orders or talk with them?
It`s a huge tactical advantage, but still i see lots of people playing as lone wolfs.
On more thing; why do people start votes against you all the time, i`m guessing it`s bacause they can, but still it`s lame as fuck.
Yes.
That's one of the great, unsolved miracles of BF2:
People learn how to vote against the commander, while at the same time are completely clueless about how to join a squad.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6709
I don't know but I always make a squad if none is good. I just don't understand why a sniper would be a squad leader and never move an inch.

No commander does reduce grenade spamming almost 100%. You don't have people behind a fence throwing grenades with the UAV as their eyes.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

Oisín<3 wrote:

Bunch of fucking idiots in this thread.

Infantry only is fun, but it's not the real BF2. You might aswell hop along to CSS or CoD4 if you're playing BF2 simply for the I.O aspect of the game.

Americans play with UAV by TWL/CAL rules, and they still manage to fail hard... But yeah, no UAV > UAV & Conquest > Infantry Only.

Mmkay?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Sure hope they never implement IO again in future BF games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard