GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6413|Finland

I feel that this amazing case needs a thread of its own. Corsair redesigned a lot of the case again based on ppls replies. I didn't like the first revision, but the second one that is going to hit retail anytime this year is secks.

Sure; 300 dollars is hell lot of money to throw on case, too much for many. But considering this will last years and years, it might not be so bad idea to invest in a box you'll use for long time.

I let the video speak for itself.

Thats the case I'll get the second it hits local stores.

Details here: http://www.corsair.com/products/800d/default.aspx
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
Nevermind the case, I want his crazy spinning table.

Looks sexy, and fucking masive.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada
yep, been looking at this case for awhile now, also the silverstone TJ07 and lian li V2000b
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5610|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
If I had the budget for that, I would definitely get it.

[/wishes he had disposable income]
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

I somehow doubt this costs $300 to produce... They're gonna make ungodly amounts of profit out of this.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5983|Perth, Australia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I somehow doubt this costs $300 to produce... They're gonna make ungodly amounts of profit out of this.
Come on Freezer, unless you build the case from scratch yourself then no case is going to sell for it's production cost. If that cost them $30-$50 to produce then that would make sense to me. A markup of 600-1000% or more is quite normal for the industries i know (not case building though). That covers them for all overheads and gets them their profit + all the sellers in between.

Otherwise that case looks awesome. When I retire my current pc to a home server i'll be looking for something like that. I love the cable management and the hotswappable hdd's. Not that i really have much use for it though.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2009-07-14 23:59:31)

Chorcai
+49|6647|Ireland
ohhh thats secky alright, 300 is alot, it comes with w/cooling ya ?
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

For 300 you get case that is packed with features superior to any other case built for home use. If you happen to have shitload of time, awsome manufacturing equipment and pile of high quality steel with proper painting setup at your home, go for it and make a case yourself.

Of course they make a lot profit with this, just like every other manufacturer does. But this one actually packs long list of useful features.

I have been waiting and waiting to see server grade hotswap HDD/SSD mountings in a case like this, other pros against my old TJ10 for example include dust filters, may I say best cable management in the market, sturdiness of steel chassis and superior cooling (you can fit a 360 radiator on top just out of the box for example).

Corsair got a hit in their hands, this case will sell like hot cakes among ppl who can afford it. (lots of $$$ to corsair, but it wasn't free to built and design either, not to talk about their support and the fact they made changes to it based on ppls suggestions; instead of releasing it as flawed and later on replacing it with better model like certain other case manufacturer does all the time).

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-07-15 04:20:55)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6390

I like the cable system.  I don't like the actual look of the case much though.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I guess you're paying for the design costs (labour, etc), rather than the material costs.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

(you can fit a 360 radiator on top just out of the box for example).
This is one of my main reasons for liking this case, along with the bottom mounted power supply, cable management solution, and simple non-alien looking design. All the rest is icing on the cake to me. I know its just for looks but I really like a case that comes wit the inside already painted, I never get why companies put a side window on a case and leave it looking like shit on the inside.

The only reason I could see myself getting a TJ07 or V2000B over this case is the huge amount of room in the bottoms for water cooling set ups. Cross the cable management system from the obsidian with either case and you have a huge winner imo.

Last edited by Nic (2009-07-15 08:12:48)

Defiance
+438|6670

liquidat0r wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I guess you're paying for the design costs (labour, etc), rather than the material costs.
If it's built as well as a Lian-Li, then it may be worth it, but $300 on a case is just silly imo.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

Defiance wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

If it's built as well as a Lian-Li, then it may be worth it, but $300 on a case is just silly imo.
I'm buying it to last next couple builds too. +5 years easily. When you think about it, its pretty good deal for such long period although the one time cost is high.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

That's gorgeous. One of the first cases I've ever come across that's packed with features and doesn't have any major problems with it. If I hadn't just spent 120 pounds on my Cosmos last year, I'd get one. Maybe in a few years.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
bah you don't even need a case
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
want
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

Mekstizzle wrote:

Max?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Swan
The town bike
+54|5446

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Think a little bit. "Cost" is more than than just raw materials and construction labor, it is also R&D, product development, marketing, etc.

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-15 10:14:00)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

Finray wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Max?
and me?

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4061/007cud.th.jpg
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Nice case but who the hell needs 5 full size bays and a 3.5 slot? I could imagine 2 DVD/CD burners, maybe one more for cooling or temp monitoring, but why the extra 2 - 3? No one even uses a floppy anymore so why bother?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6413|Finland

King_County_Downy wrote:

Nice case but who the hell needs 5 full size bays and a 3.5 slot? I could imagine 2 DVD/CD burners, maybe one more for cooling or temp monitoring, but why the extra 2 - 3? No one even uses a floppy anymore so why bother?
You can add pretty much annything on those slots.

Fan controller, watercooling reservoir, temp monitor, memory card reader, one of those expensive sound card bay covers etc. I have seen ppl fill up 12 bay slots

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-07-15 10:30:34)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Fan controller, watercooling reservoir, temp monitor, memory card reader, one of those expensive sound card bay covers etc. I have seen ppl fill up 12 bay slots
filling up 12 is just ridiculous though...
Defiance
+438|6670

Nic wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

filling up 12 is just ridiculous though...
But what if you want a high end sound recording studio (lolxfi) with interfaces to many storage mediums and the capability to burn 6 DVDs at once? It's also a water cooled machine that has enough fans to warrant a controller...

Just think, the possibilities!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

Swan wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Think a little bit. "Cost" is more than than just raw materials and construction labor, it is also R&D, product development, marketing, etc.
Yes, of course, but $300 is just over the top.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia
Looks quite good, but for me, the ultimate full-size case will always be the SS TJ07. I'd have gotten one if it didn't cost me $400+ to order it from interstate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard