Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Surely the time period must be close to the movies time period, with clones and whatnot.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
nope they just love ripping from the movies
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
What is the time period for the game, anyway?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

Adams_BJ wrote:

Surely the time period must be close to the movies time period, with clones and whatnot.
All I know is that KoTOR 1 takes place 4,000 years before the movies, pretty sure the 2nd one does too based on the story I read so it only makes sense that this one would too

Apparently not much changes at all in 4,000 years in the Star Wars universe except those pin-head side-of-head-eyes dudes from the island in the first game going extinct

Last edited by _j5689_ (2012-01-03 18:57:51)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
300 years after the events of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, and more than 3,500 years before the events in the Star Wars films.[13][14]
Tu Stultus Es
Adams_BJ
hmm. Well I spose it can come anywhere between something like 25,000 BBY - 1,000 BBY
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
empire strikes back was the best movie
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
wut
Adams_BJ
I dunno really, I didnt mind any of them from 3+. Maybe 2, depending on the day.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
I dont understand why they cant just do a Star Wars RPG that takes place during the "real" Star Wars : Episodes 4 through 6.  Any other time period reminds me of the shitty prequels....
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

Spearhead wrote:

I dont understand why they cant just do a Star Wars RPG that takes place during the "real" Star Wars : Episodes 4 through 6.  Any other time period reminds me of the shitty prequels....
Or at least re-release the games that were based on that era with modern graphics or something.

Though personally I liked KoTOR 1 a lot but I haven't played the 2nd one
firebolt5
+114|6156

Spearhead wrote:

But, but, da clones!
Star Wars Republic Commando was pretty fun, but that's a whole different topic.
Adams_BJ

Spearhead wrote:

A couple reasons;

1.Trying to make a game between 0-5ABY (aka episode IV-VI) would be too hard to tie in with the established story that everyone knows, without changing it.
2. There's about 5 Billion years before this time period that people wouldn't be familiar with
3. The movie periods were actually some of the lowest points of the history where force was used. (episode IV there were only 2 Jedi - being Obi-Wan and Yoda, and 2 Sith - Being Vader and Sidious) Where as in the 25k + years prior there were thousands of Jedi, and probably maybe the same amount of Dark Jedi at any one time
4. Episodes 1-3 really weren't that bad.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2012-01-03 23:00:26)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

_j5689_ wrote:

The last hour of KOTOR is a mess because LA rushed Obsidian in order to make a Christmas release. There was a mod project to restore the game but it has died. Still it's a GREAT game if you can get past the glitches and missing content.

<----- Would kill for KOTOR 3
firebolt5
+114|6156

Adams_BJ wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I used to think Episode I wasn't that bad, but then I watched this review a few years back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Macbeth wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

The last hour of KOTOR is a mess because LA rushed Obsidian in order to make a Christmas release. There was a mod project to restore the game but it has died.
Do you mean TSLRCM?  The last release of the mod was pretty recent with version 1.7.
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/fil … icial-fix/
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

Macbeth wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

The last hour of KOTOR is a mess because LA rushed Obsidian in order to make a Christmas release. There was a mod project to restore the game but it has died. Still it's a GREAT game if you can get past the glitches and missing content.

<----- Would kill for KOTOR 3
It did seem a little bit short at the very end

I'm thinking about getting KoTOR 2 since it's so cheap but the reviews say the same thing happened where the entire game seems rushed and there's things missing

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Knights … B00027CXEM

Still might get it anyway just cuz I've wanted to for so long.  Maybe the 2nd one even supports widescreen resolutions on the PC
Adams_BJ

firebolt5 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I used to think Episode I wasn't that bad, but then I watched this review a few years back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Macbeth wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

The last hour of KOTOR is a mess because LA rushed Obsidian in order to make a Christmas release. There was a mod project to restore the game but it has died.
Do you mean TSLRCM?  The last release of the mod was pretty recent with version 1.7.
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/fil … icial-fix/
Haha yeah, number 1 was probably my least favourite.

The 2 and 3 AS MOVIES really weren't too bad. 9/10 of the people who hate them, a hating them because they feel like they have to because a lot of other people do, but they don't know why. The one complaint I have is that the stories don't really marry up to the second half of the saga at a few points.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Adams_BJ wrote:

A couple reasons;

1.Trying to make a game between 0-5ABY (aka episode IV-VI) would be too hard to tie in with the established story that everyone knows, without changing it.
Wrong.  Just look at the Jedi Knight series.  That takes place I think during/after the "real" storyline and is an excellent story. 
2. There's about 5 Billion years before this time period that people wouldn't be familiar with
Huh?
3. The movie periods were actually some of the lowest points of the history where force was used. (episode IV there were only 2 Jedi - being Obi-Wan and Yoda, and 2 Sith - Being Vader and Sidious) Where as in the 25k + years prior there were thousands of Jedi, and probably maybe the same amount of Dark Jedi at any one time
Star Wars games (the good ones, anyway) are not always about hurp durp Jedi/force crap. 
Your opinion on these matters is now considered invalid.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Adams_BJ wrote:

The 2 and 3 AS MOVIES really weren't too bad. 9/10 of the people who hate them, a hating them because they feel like they have to because a lot of other people do, but they don't know why. The one complaint I have is that the stories don't really marry up to the second half of the saga at a few points.
Uhhh...... this is Star Wars we are talking about.  Anyone can pour millions of dollars into a film and make it "watchable".  Just look at Michael Bay, his movies AS MOVIES are not too bad, but are they anything close to being original and good and memorable?  Absolutely the fuck not. 

You are just an apologist, Star Wars 4-6 were probably the most epic and classic films ever made.  1-3 are piles of shit impostering the real ones, and made to sell toys (such as the topic of this thread).  The end.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-01-04 00:16:10)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I thought the reason people play these games was for the hurp durp Jedi/force crap?

Otherwise it wouldn't be star wars.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

AussieReaper wrote:

I thought the reason people play these games was for the hurp durp Jedi/force crap?

Otherwise it wouldn't be star wars.
I didnt say it should not be in the game, I meant that using it as the sole excuse to make a lame ass prequel storyline so everyone can be their own hurp durp jedi is stupid and insulting to the real Star Wars films.  You know, the ones not designed to sell action figures and video games.
Adams_BJ
I can't be bothered making a quote pyramid soo..

1.Yes, but Spearhead, after that period, Jedi/Dark Jedi were not a force anymore. Sure Luke restarted and "Academy", and the Sith did their thing - but they were an insignificant religion, with only a handful of Force users. In this game, they want to perceive Force users as being a very real, influential part of the Galaxy.

2. The Star Wars Galaxy Starts about 5 billion years before episode IV.

3. This game IS about herp derp the force. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

4. No my opinion is not invalid. I just finished watching all 6 episodes back to back, and they are all, bar episode one, fine movies. Hell, episode IV through VI dont even have individual story arcs, much the same as I through III, I don't get what the hate is about. Like I said before, the only nigling hate I have of the first three episodes is that there are a few lore changes leading into the last three episodes.

SW 4-6 are not some of the best movies ever made. Period. I am a big SW fan, but I'm not a fanboy. Ground breaking in their time? Sure (Some of those computer generated animals are amazing, even by todays standards, let alone a movie made in '77.) But best movies ever made? Far from it.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2012-01-04 02:22:27)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire

Spearhead wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

A couple reasons;

Wrong.  Just look at the Jedi Knight series.  That takes place I think during/after the "real" storyline and is an excellent story.
i believe its a little after ep6. thing is the last was made in 2003
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

Adams_BJ wrote:

Like I said before, the only nigling hate I have of the first three episodes is that there are a few lore changes leading into the last three episodes.
like c3po and r2
Tu Stultus Es
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Adams_BJ wrote:

I can't be bothered making a quote pyramid soo..

1.Yes, but Spearhead, after that period, Jedi/Dark Jedi were not a force anymore. Sure Luke restarted and "Academy", and the Sith did their thing - but they were an insignificant religion, with only a handful of Force users. In this game, they want to perceive Force users as being a very real, influential part of the Galaxy.

2. The Star Wars Galaxy Starts about 5 billion years before episode IV.

3. This game IS about herp derp the force. If you don't like it, you don't have to play.

4. No my opinion is not invalid. I just finished watching all 6 episodes back to back, and they are all, bar episode one, fine movies. Hell, episode IV through VI dont even have individual story arcs, much the same as I through III, I don't get what the hate is about. Like I said before, the only nigling hate I have of the first three episodes is that there are a few lore changes leading into the last three episodes.

SW 4-6 are not some of the best movies ever made. Period. I am a big SW fan, but I'm not a fanboy. Ground breaking in their time? Sure (Some of those computer generated animals are amazing, even by todays standards, let alone a movie made in '77.) But best movies ever made? Far from it.
1. My point still stands... they do not have to resort to shitty quasi-fake "Star Wars" related timelines to make a good video game. 

2. The Star Wars "galaxy" does not exist outside of episodes 4 through 6.  It is the only real "canon".  Everything else, is third party books, comics, video games, etc.  and of course episodes 1 through 3.  Which don't count.  I know my Star Wars too.

3. My point is Star Wars was never ONLY about being a jedi/force.  Hence the herp derp.  It was also about other shit. 

4. Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were entered into the Library of Congress as part of the National Film Registry for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant films" as well as Empire being rated number one in Empire magazines greatest movie of all time, number one in totalfilms 100 greatest films of all time list and is rated at number 2 at imdb.  source : wikipedia (but I checked that stuff a while ago) Please, stop talking....

List of films considered the best

You do not know how Star Wars is great (as a film legacy) and you are still an apologist for episodes one through three.  You are the fanboy here.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-01-04 12:07:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard