Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon
once again, Dr. Jack Van Impe and his lovely wife Rexella are ahead of the curve.  thankfully, this is but one more step in the march to rapture.
rdx-fx
+955|6600
Russia, China, and India are interested in a world currency - precisely because they aren't the US (Dollar) nor are they the EU (Euro).

They don't have control over the Euro or the Dollar.
They want something they have more control over.

It's not about egalitarian motives - it's about having more control.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

rdx-fx wrote:

Which is a good thing. We need more regulation.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

mcjagdflieger wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

....maybe it is time....
Are you kidding? They still throw rocks at eachother in some countries. We as a planet are mos. def. not ready to unite in any way shape or form, let alone is their proper leadership.
I'm beginning to think that the move toward a global currency is inevitable.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do often wonder why so much of our own financial leaders acted so risky with our once highly dominant dollar.

Perhaps, the lesson to be learned here is that if you believe your own currency is invincible, you will act in ways that neglect your own financial primacy.

One of the few benefits to a world currency is that there would be no illusions of invulnerability with it.  A global currency would, first and foremost, stress economic interdependence.  In addition to this, it would be a large enough market that no one financial sector could significantly harm its value.  Speculative markets would have less destructive potential on the currency itself.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

blademaster wrote:

Pug wrote:

Who prints it?

If Argentia is short on money, can they just print some?
I assume there would be one central bank located somewhere that will print money for the entire planet
Exactly the problem.

Just like the Federal Reserve prints for the US.

OH WAIT. THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS NOT CONTROLLED BY THE GOVERNMENT. THEY ARE A PRIVATELY OWNED COMPANY. OWNED BY BANKERS. BUSINESSMEN. NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

And lets see. If it happened in the US, of coarse it will happen to the world bank.

This is fucking bullshit. WE DONT NEED A WORLD CURRENCY.
LEAVE EACH OTHER THE FUCK ALONE.

I wish i could say "If its not broke dont fix it" but it is broke, but its broke because the government broke it. they fucked with banks forcing them to give out loans to people they know wouldnt pay. crashed the housing market.

Now they control GM, shutting down GM auto dealers simply because of there POLITICAL VIEWS.

Look it up. It happened.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida
A 1 world currency is a step towards a 1 world government.

A 1 world government is absolutly, positively, un-fucking-acceptable.

As its been said above, theres still country's who have no clue about the world. Theres tribesman who still do rain dances and talk in tounges, with no concept of electricty, money, crop growing, ANTYHING. How could you speak for them? How could you "claim" there land under your "1 world government"

A 1 world government would completely annihilate the constitution.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Turquoise
O Canada
In the beginning, the U.S. had a public central bank wholly owned by the government.  Eventually, this was discarded in favor of a second one.  When Andrew Jackson didn't renew the second one, the Panic of 1837 happened right afterwards.

What we really need is a third central bank for America wholly owned by the government.

If, instead, we have wholly governmental central banks spread throughout the world stationed in only the most financially sound countries that would each print the same global currency, then that currency would be relatively strong in its backing (considerably stronger than any current currency), because there would be a global self-interest in maintaining the stability of this money.
Turquoise
O Canada

Mitch wrote:

A 1 world currency is a step towards a 1 world government.

A 1 world government is absolutly, positively, un-fucking-acceptable.
I agree with your first statement.  As for the second...  well...  not necessarily.

A world government could be a good thing in a few centuries from now.  I don't think we're ready as a species for it yet, but over enough time, it could work.  It's just going to be very bloody leading up to that point.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

AussieReaper wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Which is a good thing. We need more regulation.
Why?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6558|UK

Didnt the pope say this week we need global control aswell?  Am sure I read that.  I hope you fuckers enjoy judgement day, am off to live under the sea..........

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard