lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

usmarine wrote:

they also owned slaves.  great example.
THey also did not include all men are created equal to mean black people. It was the time they lived in. I am glad that has been resolved. However, since Islam does not reflect our society and morality as it is today, I see no way or reason to accept it and adopt it as part of our mainstream society, since doing so, is a step backwards.
Maybe, and this is a stretch, it is because there are Islamic Americans?
Here is a news flash for you, there is no such thing as African American, Mexican American, Irish American, Chrisitan American or Islamic American. there is only one identity and that is American. Less the native Americans of course and that is a whole different topic.

I do not see the need to further divide people up into yet deeper special interest groups.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Why don't you move, clearly you haven't got the least clue what your country is about and what it represents. All of your views on the US are pretty much totally wrong. I don't think there is someone out there with a more misguided view of his own country, you make it sound like the USA is the Christian equivalent of Saudi Arabia
Gotta disagree, the very fact that I accknowledge my opinion is hypocritical to our constitution pretty much shows I knoe exactly what AMerica is supposed to be about.

The problem comes in when freedom of relgion is supposed to include a relgion that would love to see our nation destroyed at the most and at the least converted to Islam where those freedoms are not enjoyed or welcome.

Quite a paradox isn't it?
So you are saying that your view does not allign with the constitution, and therefore you "know"  what America is supposed to be about?
Pretty much, then I went on to explain my position as to why, I can not help what you choose to ignore or read.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

mikkel wrote:

This has got to be the most absurd example of people with simple minds and too much time on their hands. The Eid festivities are celebrated all over the world, and they're either official holidays or unofficial days off in many countries, including the Western nations. It's thoroughly sad that someone can sit down with a calendar and a sensationalist agenda and rally the mindless masses against the "liberal sheep" over something as absurd as the date that a religious holiday falls on.

Anyone riled up by this seriously needs to reexamine their priorities.
Fantastic, then there are plenty of places to go to celebrate other than the country/society Islam condemns.
Let me get this straight.

You're essentially saying that Muslims should not be allowed to celebrate one of their most important holidays in the same way Christians are, or Hindus are, or whoever are, because you say they can't. Don't give me this bullshit about "omg their terrorists who hate America", I've yet to meet any Muslim who thinks that way, I've met plenty of Christians who do and plenty of atheists.

Freedom FTW. Kill it to defend it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I love how lowing thinks that Islam is a single, monolithic group with an agenda that is the same throughout.
We have CAIR, and that spells it out enought for me.
Spark
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I love how lowing thinks that Islam is a single, monolithic group with an agenda that is the same throughout.
Because a political lobby group represents an entire religion.

Out of your mind.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Swan wrote:

checkmate
care to elaborate?
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population on Earth and shock horror, has had a female President. Women don't need to wear head scarves.

Homosexuality is not illegal in Indonesia.

And guess what, elections are free and open!
Fasntastic, then you have an Islamic nation to move to if you love Islam so much. Personally, I do not and am content with keeping the US free from Islamic interests as much possible.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

VicktorVauhn wrote:

lowing wrote:

to celebrate Islam and its intolerance and oppression is also 180 out from what the founding fathers had envisioned for our nation.
You guys are just too stupid to realize a valid point! You know DAMN well that our founding fathers would not be behind an idea as stupid as freedom from religious persecution.
How would they feel about the religion persecuting the people, however? Like I said, when written they did not consider blacks as equals, automatic machine guns, and a religion that was as oppressive as any govt.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577
lol. lowing is hilarious. 'Inch by inch'. Fucking fascist that won't respect the enlightened freedom of religion enshrined in his own consitution for completely and utterly irrational reasons. Totally hypocritical too when it comes to religion. No big deal with the Jewish holidays despite the fact the Jewish lobby raids his wallet merrily to prop up a potentially economically untenable nation of Israel, Israeli spies infiltrate US intelligence and Israel attacked the USS Liberty back in 1967. And he has the cheek to complain about welfare cases! It must be confusing being so hypocritical and inconsistent.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

mikkel wrote:

lowing wrote:

mikkel wrote:

This has got to be the most absurd example of people with simple minds and too much time on their hands. The Eid festivities are celebrated all over the world, and they're either official holidays or unofficial days off in many countries, including the Western nations. It's thoroughly sad that someone can sit down with a calendar and a sensationalist agenda and rally the mindless masses against the "liberal sheep" over something as absurd as the date that a religious holiday falls on.

Fantastic, then there are plenty of places to go to celebrate other than the country/society Islam condemns.
Yep. This is your country, and ain't no damn sand negro gonna' celebrate his festive occasions here.
your words not mine.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Varegg wrote:

If you haven't noticed it lowing the Italians are the ones that have caused the most harm to your beloved country so far and it spans over several decades ... yet I don't see you attack that group of people for being responsible for inventing organized crime ...

[chants]Burn all Italians at the stake, all Italians are evil ... Italians originate from Europe, burn all Europeans ...[/chant]
The Italians invented organized crime???? Link please.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6600|Columbus, OH

Swan wrote:

The reality is in 100 years we will all be muslim
I will be dead before the 100 year mark.

I do not know why public schools bother. they go through the motion and make a half-hearted attempts to enlighten students for other holidays like hanukkah or kwanzaa. Another "holiday" will mean more crap the teacher will have to put on the walls, doors, and windows; the students will have to give a report of islam, which they will forget what they have learned in a matter of months.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6174|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

care to elaborate?
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population on Earth and shock horror, has had a female President. Women don't need to wear head scarves.

Fasntastic, then you have an Islamic nation to move to if you love Islam so much. Personally, I do not and am content with keeping the US free from Islamic interests as much possible.
Care to explain how the largest Muslim nation in the world is so far from the extremist rhetoric you swallow up and spew back onto this forum?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

care to elaborate?

Are you suggesting outright persecution?

I'm sorry, but your intentions and words don't match.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Ok lowing, Islam does not want to "destroy america" blahh blahh. A tiny minority of fundamental extremist Muslim sects want to destroy america. Being the largest religion in the world that would make the percentage of Muslims who want to destroy america about 0.00000001%.

While it may be true that some people use Islam to justify killing people, that does not mean the entire religion wants to kill people. America is not at war with Islam, America is at war with "Terrorists".

Bottom line: Terrorists =/= Islam
Like I said, we have CAIR, and their agenda is argument enough for my opinion
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Braddock wrote:

Same old boring argument lowing... America does not belong exclusively to you, it does not even belong exclusively to Jesus Christ. You live in a country that is built on the notion of the melting pot. Unless you are 100% native American then you yourself are an immigrant blow-in. Islam did not knock down the two towers lowing, in the same way that Jesus Christ did not invade Iraq... extremists with warped interpretations did.
see comments on CAIR
Spark
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Care to explain how the largest Muslim nation in the world is so far from the extremist rhetoric you swallow up and spew back onto this forum?
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/07/0 … nesia.html

Indonesian elections fair, observers say

Independent observers declared Thursday that Indonesia's presidential election, which shows a victory for President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, was largely free and fair despite accusations of fraud by his opponents.

"So far there is no evidence of systematic or massive fraud," said Nico Harjanto of the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
~ Richard Feynman
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6783

yay?
Spark
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

usmarine wrote:

yay?
*shrugs*
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Let me get this straight.

You're essentially saying that Muslims should not be allowed to celebrate one of their most important holidays in the same way Christians are, or Hindus are, or whoever are, because you say they can't. Don't give me this bullshit about "omg their terrorists who hate America", I've yet to meet any Muslim who thinks that way, I've met plenty of Christians who do and plenty of atheists.

Freedom FTW. Kill it to defend it.
I don't care what Muslims do, I do not want Islamic anything force fed in our society. We are a western society not an Islamic one.  Adopting Islamic culture is a step backwards toward oppression and intolerance.

and yes I see the paradox in that statement as well, but I can live with not tolerating intolerance.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Because a political lobby group represents an entire religion.

Out of your mind.
they seem to represent Islam in America, I guess that is why they call themselves Council on American-Islamic Relations.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lol. lowing is hilarious. 'Inch by inch'. Fucking fascist that won't respect the enlightened freedom of religion enshrined in his own consitution for completely and utterly irrational reasons. Totally hypocritical too when it comes to religion. No big deal with the Jewish holidays despite the fact the Jewish lobby raids his wallet merrily to prop up a potentially economically untenable nation of Israel, Israeli spies infiltrate US intelligence and Israel attacked the USS Liberty back in 1967. And he has the cheek to complain about welfare cases! It must be confusing being so hypocritical and inconsistent.
already acknowledged my hypocrisy, and the paradox of the a constitution that endorses freedom of relgion, not considering a relgion that does not hold the same values of morality and tolerance that the constituition provides to us.

I suppose not being allowed to yell fire in a theater goes against free speech as well.

What Jewish holdiays does the govt. recognize and allow us to take off? I can't think of a one.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If you haven't noticed it lowing the Italians are the ones that have caused the most harm to your beloved country so far and it spans over several decades ... yet I don't see you attack that group of people for being responsible for inventing organized crime ...

[chants]Burn all Italians at the stake, all Italians are evil ... Italians originate from Europe, burn all Europeans ...[/chant]
The Italians invented organized crime???? Link please.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime

You commented on the least interesting part of the post tbh ... so how do you feel about Italians lowing?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Already did, now, like I siad, there is plenty of room on this planet for western society and Islamic. If you want Islamic then move there, I choose western, so I will stay here. Islam offers nothing attractive to western society and culture. It only offers intolerance and oppression.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

already acknowledged my hypocrisy, and the paradox of the a constitution that endorses freedom of relgion, not considering a relgion that does not hold the same values of morality and tolerance that the constituition provides to us.

I suppose not being allowed to yell fire in a theater goes against free speech as well.

What Jewish holdiays does the govt. recognize and allow us to take off? I can't think of a one.
So basically we finally have the concession on your part - you don't think much of American values and you don't think much of Muslims. You don't respect American citizens equally. You don't care about being hypocritical. You can't handle globalisation.

/credibility
/thread

This is about schools making allowances, not nationwide public holidays. The OP makes no reference to some blanket Eid Al Fitr public holiday in the US.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-07-10 06:04:25)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Already did, now, like I siad, there is plenty of room on this planet for western society and Islamic. If you want Islamic then move there, I choose western, so I will stay here. Islam offers nothing attractive to western society and culture. It only offers intolerance and oppression.
And food, culture, good tourism spots, allies etc etc ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard