found this interesting so-

July 8, 2009 -- Females may be outwardly choosy when selecting sexual partners -- accepting or shunning mates in very public ways -- but males may get the last say in this battle of the sexes.

New research found that males can adjust the speed and effectiveness of their sperm by allocating more or less seminal fluid to copulations. The determining factor is whether the male finds the female attractive.

The study, conducted on red junglefowl, a director ancestor of chickens, adds to the growing body of evidence that males throughout many promiscuous species in the animal kingdom, including humans, can mate with many females, but chances of fertilization are greater when the female is deemed to be attractive.

Desirable female red junglefowl are easy to identify.

"Female attractiveness is determined by the expression of a sexual ornament -- the comb -- which is phenotypically and genetically correlated to the number and mass of eggs females lay," according to study co-authors Charlie Cornwallis of the University of Oxford and the Royal Veterinary College's Emily O'Connor.

For the study, published in the current Proceedings of the Royal Society B, the researchers collected natural ejaculates from dominate and subordinate red junglefowl males housed at the University of Stockholm. The males had either just mated with attractive or unattractive females.
much more here - http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/07/0 … eness.html

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2009-07-08 08:29:07)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I dont understand

Are they saying some chickens are sexier than others?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

jesus people get paid to study useless shit
it's not useless  it's part of natural selection
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
I though people only have sex with other people that they find attractive?
If it applies to chickens it automatically applies to humans as well?
Imo it depends on the mood you're in and the length of the "sexfree" period.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

and what good or difference does us know this do?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6407|Finland

no shit sherlocks. money well spent again -.-
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

.Sup wrote:

I wish, still them days are behind me now. Or should that be nights?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

1927 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I wish, still them days are behind me now. Or should that be nights?
days+nights for me
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

no shit sherlocks. money well spent again -.-
yep.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Surely that's just reinforcing a point everyone knew already though - that, as a result of natural selection, attractive females will find it easier to find a mate and therefore be more successful. The fact that the chances of conception are higher is just icing on the cake.

Rape victims have a higher chance of conception too which is sometimes attributed to rape being a major factor in reproduction through the bulk of human history.

I suppose probabilities come into play when looking at natural selection on a massive scale, but due to the imprecise nature of evolution, I would've thought it very difficult to use this information for anything useful.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6633|Your moms bedroom
turn the lights off

Bertster7 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Surely that's just reinforcing a point everyone knew already though - that, as a result of natural selection, attractive females will find it easier to find a mate and therefore be more successful. The fact that the chances of conception are higher is just icing on the cake.

Rape victims have a higher chance of conception too which is sometimes attributed to rape being a major factor in reproduction through the bulk of human history.

I suppose probabilities come into play when looking at natural selection on a massive scale, but due to the imprecise nature of evolution, I would've thought it very difficult to use this information for anything useful.
are you really a confused pothead? lol
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
I can verify this.

When there is self manipulation of the sexual organ there seems to be about half the ejecta as when the action is performed by the spousal unit.

I just love asking her, " one gulp or two? "

Especially funny when she tells me what I had for lunch based on the flavor.

God am I glad I have a penis.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

ATG wrote:

How often does she tell you, you had sperm for lunch?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

.Sup wrote:

If it applies to chickens it automatically applies to humans as well?
Imo it depends on the mood you're in and the length of the "sexfree" period.
Are  you serious?  You have totally discounted the desperation and number of drinks values from your equation.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

are you really a confused pothead? lol
I think so....
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

so only hottest people survive hahaha
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6590|Seattle

You have no idea how hard I'm biting my tongue on this topic.... must resist... must be a good mod.... bad thoughts downy, must suppress them
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Locoloki
you might as well throw out the notion of natural selection pertaining to humans

-in case you havent heard "only stupid people are breeding"
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5992|The Mitten

ATG wrote:

I can verify this.

When there is self manipulation of the sexual organ there seems to be about half the ejecta as when the action is performed by the spousal unit.

I just love asking her, " one gulp or two? "

God am I glad I have a penis.
you sir, need a grant to research this further.
EE (hats

Locoloki wrote:

you might as well throw out the notion of natural selection pertaining to humans

i was tryin to find that song in your quotes but i found this instead. it's terrrrible. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 624AAE8Wal
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

King_County_Downy wrote:

You have no idea how hard I'm biting my tongue on this topic.... must resist... must be a good mod.... bad thoughts downy, must suppress them
post them anyway
Locoloki

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

i was tryin to find that song in your quotes but i found this instead. it's terrrrible. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 624AAE8Wal
Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta (this song appeals to me)

Last edited by Locoloki (2009-07-08 13:20:03)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
tl;dr fuck ugly chicks, they are harder to knock up.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2009-07-08 13:58:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard