silentsin
+3|6705
recently i dug out my saitek cyborg evo, which i bought for bf: vietnam back in the day, but when i try to assign movements for the airplane i cant get throttle or left/right roll or turn. does anyone know how to fix this or have the right controls for their joystick that work perfectly? thanks.
Chewbacca1873
+0|6676|Scotland
I have that same problem it keeps saying something about dual controls found but i thought it was just a dodgy usb connection between my computer and the joystick
TC><Injecter
+4|6835|Berlin, Germany
I can do that all with my Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless.... :S
silentsin
+3|6705
thanks for helping injecter
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
I have the same joystick and nothing is wrong on my setup.  Just click on the secondary control area and press Esc to reset it to null and try again.

When you are configuring it, make sure you are only moving in one axis (not tiling while you are trying to do the configure yaw/twist).  When you select roll left, then move left and not right or else the controls will be inverted.  This is a problem with BF2 doing what you tell it to do and you mistankenly (or not) not know right from left.
silentsin
+3|6705
im not retarded, i know left from right. and ive tried all that. can you give me a list of your controls for airplane? then i can just write them down and put them in.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-02-05 19:54:36)

InnerMonkey
+62|6726
First, my odd control issue....

My control config puked itself last night, and I had to delete / recreate my profile.  I discovered it when I tried to start a match and the screen would freeze at the point where you pick your kit before spawning.  A newly created account worked fine, so I went in to screen capture my controls so I could set it all back, and discovered my controls were all blank.  Resetting the controls to default fixed my problem though.  So, when I recreated my profile, I decided to dust off my old joystick (1st gen MS Sidewinder FF) and give flying a try.  It's not the same joystick, but the concept is still fresh in my mind. 

First, does everything work okay in the windows joystick config area?  Can you calibrate etc?  Does your joystick work fine in other games?

Assuming this is all okay, what exactly isn't working?  Can you not assign the controls at all, or are you getting the duplicate key message?  Have you tried setting up a dummy account and configuring it there?  I've had to blank a control and add it back before because I was getting the duplicate key error, despite having no other control mapped to that key.  I know of at least two other people directly that had to rebuild their profile to correct control mapping issues.

Right now, my only issue is that throttle is reversed in planes only.  I haven't even bothered trying to fix it, as it seems that I just leave the jet at full throttle.
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
Exactly! You aren't giving us enough information.  I didn't think you were retarded but I assumed that you didn't know just to be safe and for other readers that didn't know. The right from left inversion is a common problem.  I just tilted the joystick on the roll axis without paying attention, because I saw that both tilt controls were set to the respective joystick axis after setting only one of the controls, but my roll was inverted, and I realized my goof. It does what you tell it to do.

What exactly is the problem?

My setup is the throttle and joystick is set to the correct axes (axes is the plural of axis ).  Top of the hat is to change the front cockpit views, bottom of hat is to change to rearview/chase camera.  Trigger is fire main weapon which is the machinegun, the left thumb button is for firing secondary weapons, middle thumb is to select between bombing and air-to-air missiles.

On the side of the joystick there are 3 buttons, I set the top button to be afterburner, middle for VoIP, bottom I can't remember what I set it to, but I don't use it.
HellSibling
+0|6809
i just got a saitek cyborg, in the setup menu for the aircraft (in BF2) i clicked on the secondary control and then hit the corresponding on the joystick, and it all works fine...mabye something wrong with your joystick?  do you have the software disc that came with the cyborg? mabye it needs to be calibrated with the software?  that's about all i can suggest.  i did not install the saitek software and just went into BF2, selected the various controls and mapped them to the stick and all was well...i have tried various configs and each time i have not had any problems...
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6775
i have a joystick you can use
silentsin
+3|6705
cack and ballz i want to know exactly what you have for controls, could you copy or write it down? like joystick axis 3 etc. because i chose the logical buttons for my setup but it doesnt work properly.

Last edited by silentsin (2006-02-07 18:16:23)

CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
Sure! Here ya go:

Accelerate: Joystick Axis 2 (moving it up/forward)
Decelerate: Joystick Axis 2
Steer Right: Joystick Axis 3 (twist right)
Steer Left: Joystick Axis 3
Pitch Forward: Joystick Axis 1 (tilt stick up/forward)
Pitch Back: Joystick Axis 1
Roll Right: Joystick Axis 0 (tilt stick right)
Roll Left: Joystick Axis 0

Afterburner: Joy Button 10
Flares: Joy Button 7

Cockpit Camera: Joy Button 12
Chase Front Camera: Joy Button 6
Chase Rear: Joy Button 14

Fire: Joy Button 0
Alternate Fire: Joy Button 2
Cycle Weapons: Joy Button 1

Sensitivity, Yaw Factor, Pitch Factor all set to 2.
Husker~ifh~
Beer Consumption Expert
+25|6738|Beerville, USA
Do you use the software that came with the controller to calibrate it or have you tried going into Control Panel/Game Controllers and selecting your joystick and calibrating it that way.  After I installed XP 64 the software with my MS Sidewinder wouldn't register so that is the only way I can calibrate but it seems to work great.
kingusjordanus
+16|6653|my dads balls
uh, i noticed that everyone is replying that they are putting joystick config in the secondary spaces.  and i think i might be the only one with this problem, but i really dont think i am the only one with the saitek ST290pro stick.  ok, i put in all the controlls how you would fly in a flight simulator,  pull back to go up etc.  but when i got into the game, everything was reverse, so when i wanna roll left, i roll right, want to go up, i crash into a mountain.  i had the same problem with my old stick (which broke, it was a logitec, what a surprise) so i got this one today, and its the same.  i was putting joystick config in the primary spots.  maybe thats my problem,  but i just dont see the point in spending 12 hours re-learning how to use a joystick, then buy BF2142 and have it support joysticks correctly and have to do it again.  please help me,  i hate using the mouse to fly planes.  (choppers are fine,  i have yet to see someone who can fly the blackhawk better than me.)   ok thanks in advance, unless you dont reply then thanks for nothing.         -kingus
Defiance
+438|6678

kingus, I've got the 290Pro. What your doing is when you put in the controls, your putting in the things any random way. The computer cannot tell the game which way the axis is turning, past + and - movement differences.

In the controls, when it says roll right, move your joystick to the right. When it says steer right, twist is to the right.

That ought to solve your problem.

As to blackhawk flying, the only thing I hate doing in that is landing. It descends sooo sloooow. Otherwise I consider the blackhawk the best chopper in the game

I know it's not, but my squads reaction when I do crazy shit on kubra in it is priceless
kingusjordanus
+16|6653|my dads balls
yeah, it does go down waaay too slow.  but about my joystick,  i just managed to get it so the pitching up/down is correct (putting it in secondary and invert mouse)  but then the rolling left/right is backwards. and i know, when it says turn right, i do twist right, it doesnt help, it just goes like this   turn right:axis 2   turn left:axis 2,  and same for every other axis, i tried programming the stick with the program you cand wonload from the site, but it has no effect in-game.  so WHY IS THIS ONLY HAPPENING TO ME!!!!!?,  i just wanna fly a plane through the tunnel on kubra dam, dammit! lol..........cheap joke.  ok, i go into controlls,  use my mouse to click on pitch up, i pull my stick back,  it sets it for both of them,  pitch up, and pitch down, the same axis, sjouldnt it be only one of them, and then i set the other one myself?  its only the pitching, the twisting is fine, the buttons all do what they should, but my steering is the opposite of what i want.  if there is something you are doing different, please tell me.    thanks,  -kingus
kingusjordanus
+16|6653|my dads balls
................i feel stupid, i may have pushed the axis the wrong way because of the problems with my old stick.
i will go try it again.
kingusjordanus
+16|6653|my dads balls
nope, still backwards, i am sick of this crap, i never get anything without 5 hours of work, NOTHING.
kingusjordanus
+16|6653|my dads balls
woOoOoO000oOoooo0o0o0o)OO)ooOOt!!!!!!!! i got it, i am not sure if my settings that i had to program inot the thing are helping, but im not gonna take them off in case they are.   but i got it, and since i dont spend my entire flight diciding to bail or not, it makes the planes seem slower or something, it also could be i was alone on a server and not being shot at by 20 rockets every 16 seconds.  ok,  im gonna watch a few more episodes of that 70s show season 3 DVD box set and go to bed,  or maybe oil my joystick (haha, i know how that could be used as a joke) so it is more responsive, and download 1.22.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard