Swan
The town bike
+54|5439
Some content here is recent, so I thought it worthy of a fresh discussion (not much debate though facts are facts lol).
Rather than living with THC induced delusions know the facts ...

http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info/marijuana-myths.asp wrote:

Myths and Facts About Marijuana

MYTH: Marijuana is harmless.
FACT: Marijuana is the most widely used illegal drug among youth today and is more potent than ever. Marijuana use can lead to a host of significant health, social, learning, and behavioral problems at a crucial time in a young person's development. Getting high also impairs judgment, which can lead to risky decision making on issues like sex, criminal activity, or riding with someone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. According to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) Thank you for visiting theantidrug.com. You are now leaving the site. The Office of National Drug Control Policy is not responsible for the content or information gathering practices of other websites you are linking to.at Columbia University, teens who use drugs are five times more likely to have sex than teens who do not use drugs. Getting high also contributes to general apathy, irresponsible behavior, and risky choices.

MYTH: You can't get addicted to marijuana.
FACT: Don’t be fooled by popular beliefs. Kids can get hooked on pot. Research shows that marijuana use can lead to addiction. Each year, more kids enter treatment with a primary diagnosis of marijuana dependence than for all other illegal drugs combined.

MYTH: There's not much parents can do to stop their kids from "experimenting" with marijuana.
FACT: Most parents are surprised to learn that they are the most powerful influence on their children when it comes to drugs. But, it's true, so this message needs to start with parents. Kids need to hear how risky marijuana use can be. They need to know how damaging it can be to their lives. And they need to begin by listening to someone they trust. By staying involved, knowing what their kids are doing, and setting limits with clear rules and consequences, parents can keep their kids drug-free.

MYTH: There are no long-term consequences to marijuana use.
FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex, getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money. Marijuana can also hurt academic achievement and puts kids at risk for depression and anxiety.

MYTH: Marijuana isn't as popular as other drugs like ecstasy among teens today.
FACT: Kids use marijuana far more than any other illegal drug. Among kids who use drugs, 60 percent use only marijuana.

MYTH: Young kids won't be exposed to marijuana.
FACT: While overall marijuana use has decreased, many children and teens are still using it. According to the annual Monitoring the Future national poll, in the past seven years, the number of eighth graders who had used marijuana decreased from approximately one in five to slightly more than one in 10. With recent research now linking marijuana use to mental health disorders like depression and schizophrenia, this is still far too many. The same report notes that, by 12th grade, marijuana use increases to more than two in five teens.

MYTH: Parents who experimented with marijuana in their youth would be hypocrites if they told their kids not to try it.
FACT: Parents need to make their own decisions about whether to talk to their children about their own drug use. But parents can tell their kids that much more is known today about the serious health and social consequences of using marijuana.

Health Hazards

Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus. This is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate. Take the virtual tour to learn more about the effects of marijuana on the brain.

Effects on the Lungs. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers have. These individuals may have daily cough and phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, and more frequent chest colds. Continuing to smoke marijuana can lead to abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke.

Regardless of the THC content, the amount of tar inhaled by marijuana smokers and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed are three to five times greater than among tobacco smokers. This may be due to marijuana users inhaling more deeply and holding the smoke in the lungs.

Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior. A study of college students has shown that critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning are impaired among people who use marijuana heavily, even after discontinuing its use for at least 24 hours. Researchers compared 65 "heavy users," who had smoked marijuana a median of 29 of the past 30 days, and 64 "light users," who had smoked a median of 1 of the past 30 days. After a closely monitored 19- to 24-hour period of abstinence from marijuana and other illegal drugs and alcohol, the undergraduates were given several standard tests measuring aspects of attention, memory, and learning. Compared to the light users, heavy marijuana users made more errors and had more difficulty sustaining attention, shifting attention to meet the demands of changes in the environment, and in registering, processing, and using information. The findings suggest that the greater impairment among heavy users is likely due to an alteration of brain activity produced by marijuana.

Longitudinal research on marijuana use among young people below college age indicates those who used have lower achievement than the non-users, more acceptance of deviant behavior, more delinquent behavior and aggression, greater rebelliousness, poorer relationships with parents, and more associations with delinquent and drug-using friends.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

/waits for high times ambassadors to show up

btw, very nice post jim swanson
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
I don't see why people can't do things in moderation and not do anything stupid whilst they're at it, but unfortunately most can't. I did some weed before, stopped it all now but when I did it was nothing bad, just did it for the sake of the high and the lulz. Was good while it lasted, but it's best to leave it at that.
PureFodder
+225|6277
So overall, it's about like as bad as drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

PureFodder wrote:

yes.  so why not just follow the law?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
I've been a pot smoker for 25 years.

I agree with much of the article but...nobody gets lung cancer from pot, and cigarettes killed my step father.

If I could do it all over again I would stay away from it, if for nothing else, the money I've wasted on it.

I usually get it for free now, or really close to it. If I had to buy it, finances would dictate I stop.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex , getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money.

LOLOLOL!!!!
I think that really says it all about the site.

That said, I'm 5 times more likely to get laid if I smoke pot apparently! I shudder to think how little pussy I'd get if I didn't smoke occasionally.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5439

ghettoperson wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex , getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money.

LOLOLOL!!!!

That said, I'm 5 times more likely to get laid if I smoke pot apparently! I shudder to think how little pussy I'd get if I didn't smoke occasionally.
so you smoke because pot because you have no game with the ladies? lol
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Swan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

LOLOLOL!!!!

If that makes your anti-pot argument easier, sure.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info/marijuana-myths.asp wrote:

According to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) Thank you for visiting theantidrug.com. You are now leaving the site. The Office of National Drug Control Policy is not responsible for the content or information gathering practices of other websites you are linking to.at Columbia University, teens who use drugs are five times more likely to have sex than teens who do not use drugs. Getting high also contributes to general apathy, irresponsible behavior, and risky choices.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
oh aussie, u hit it on the teeeeee "teens who use drugs are five times more likely to have sex than teens who do not use drugs."
imortal
+240|6656|Austin, TX

PureFodder wrote:

...which we also, you will note, try to keep kids from doing.  Alchohol, tobacco and marijuana can have some pretty dramatic effects on still-developing bodies.  The sad part is that none of the kids believe us until it is too late and the damage has been done.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

Drugs are bad m'kay ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Swan
The town bike
+54|5439

ghettoperson wrote:

Swan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

No no no, not an argument, just posting facts. You can debate in your own mind.

edit: the law is different with your probably anyway.

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-06 07:09:43)

Swan wrote:

just because they call them facts on the top of the page does that really make them... facts?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England

Swan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

LOLOLOL!!!!

Replace smoke with drinking alcohol and bingo, that definitely goes for me. I'm sure it goes for alot of other guys too, I'll happily admit it.

I don't think smoking weed would raise my game though, she would have to be high aswell for it to work properly, then again, it works better when she is also drunk so...

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-06 07:12:24)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Swan wrote:

just because they call them facts on the top of the page does that really make them... facts?
where are your facts then?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Swan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Swan wrote:

My actual point was how that couldn't possibly be true. Smoking has no bearing on whether you get laid or not. Or maybe the 'statistic' means that the people that don't smoke are uptight prudes that don't have sex, drink or participate in anything other than bible camp.

FYI, I barely ever smoke anymore, but people who get on their high horse (lolz) about weed still annoy me.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Ive smoked it for 17 years.  I play sport regulary do ok at it.  Do ok with all sides of my life, work, home, love, etc all ok there.  Im not paranoid, well not anymore than the next person.  Im not a pot head, nor do I see myself as a druggy.  Someone can have 1 drink a day and not be classed as an alchy so IF I was to have a spliff a day how would it make me a druggy?

I can get to sleep if I dont have one nowadays, I can function all parts of mylife normally if it goes 'dry' and I cant get any.

I am in control, not the weed.  I now smoke on a Thursday and a Sunday night (maybe have 2 each night) and may smoke 1 at any of the other nights.  I used to smoke about 4 a day.  I smoke about that a week now.

usmarine wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Swan wrote:

as a matter of fact that is a good question
naturalistic fallacy directs and we follow
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
The Constitution and The Declaration are printed on pot paper. As are bibles.

This country was founded by potheads, funded by potheads and conceptualized by potheads.

Almost every single Founding Father was a pot farmer.

Hemp could be fueling our cars too.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

ATG wrote:

And it makes a decent rope!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

AussieReaper wrote:

ATG wrote:

And it makes a decent rope!
Great for catching fish too
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

as a matter of fact that is a good question
naturalistic fallacy directs and we follow
uh huh

lol
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

I am torn on the issue. I don't think the government has any right to tell you what you could put or could not into your own body but at the same time I have seen the often time life ruining effects of pot use.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard