mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
Lol '27 mate, earlier tonight my dad was asking "Who the fuck would play cricket in Cardiff?"

Actually, why is the game there?

Edit: Seen the score. Heh, nice start. I think (shows I really follow cricket, ay )
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
To be honest alot of you Aussies here don't really follow cricket, that bit has always pissed me off about the bf2s Aussie crew, you're just not Australian enough
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Appnin Mint's, welcome to the thread.

Tell ya ol man, Sophia Gardens is the home of Glamorgan Cricket Club.  The ground was re-developed a few years ago and has held internationals before.  This being the first test match.  Im dissapointed this match isn't at Lords, but I learned last night not every first test of a series is held there.

We put a bid in for this game and got it much to Lanc's dissapointment, as there will be no game at Old Trafford.  I'm ok with moving tradition out the way, we wouldn't have 20-20 for eg if we were all stuck in the past.  Same for ODI cricket infact.  I think Durham was the last county.

South Wales has some excellent sporting stadia now.

Swalec Stadium (1st test this series Ashes)
Millenium Stadium
The Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff Devils Ice Rink

The Liberty Stadium
Scarlets Stadium
Welsh national pool

Newport velodrome

All within an hour of my desk.  All we need now is our government 'The Welsh National Assembly' to invest in grass roots welsh sport.  I will do my bit by continue to coach kids at hockey, but they need to back up committed people like myself with money rather than relying on community grants and lottery hand outs to purchase kit.  The cost of pitches is ridiculous and its the local councils that charge.

Tell ya ol man, Cricket is suprisingly big in Wales, very big in South Wales, our 1st teams league gets allocated Glamorgan players.  Our club Penarth have Adam Shantry on their books who is playing vs Essex this week.

Ive played against Matthew Maynard (ex player and Eng coach), his Son Tom (12th man for Eng today), Robert Croft, Alex Wharf (both ex England) and countless others, a lot of the Welsh rugby team play cricket in the summer but most of them are down west (swansea and the gower).

Mekstizzle wrote:

To be honest alot of you Aussies here don't really follow cricket, that bit has always pissed me off about the bf2s Aussie crew, you're just not Australian enough
Half of them are cross dresser's Mek thats got a lot to do with it.  They follow a sport where you have to slap and egg on the floor or punch it in the air every 10 strides.  And they shag more sheep than we do.

However, sporting wise, the UK will always be behind them I think.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia

Mekstizzle wrote:

Ah, well we can keep track of alllll of the sports we are good at.

1927 wrote:

Tell ya ol man, Sophia Gardens is the home of Glamorgan Cricket Club.  The ground was re-developed a few years ago and has held internationals before.  This being the first test match.  Im dissapointed this match isn't at Lords, but I learned last night not every first test of a series is held there.

We put a bid in for this game and got it much to Lanc's dissapointment, as there will be no game at Old Trafford.  I'm ok with moving tradition out the way, we wouldn't have 20-20 for eg if we were all stuck in the past.  Same for ODI cricket infact.  I think Durham was the last county.

Millenium Stadium
The Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff Devils Ice Rink

The Liberty Stadium
Scarlets Stadium
Welsh national pool

Newport velodrome

All within an hour of my desk.  All we need now is our government 'The Welsh National Assembly' to invest in grass roots welsh sport.  I will do my bit by continue to coach kids at hockey, but they need to back up committed people like myself with money rather than relying on community grants and lottery hand outs to purchase kit.  The cost of pitches is ridiculous and its the local councils that charge.

Tell ya ol man, Cricket is suprisingly big in Wales, very big in South Wales, our 1st teams league gets allocated Glamorgan players.  Our club Penarth have Adam Shantry on their books who is playing vs Essex this week.

Ive played against Matthew Maynard (ex player and Eng coach), his Son Tom (12th man for Eng today), Robert Croft, Alex Wharf (both ex England) and countless others, a lot of the Welsh rugby team play cricket in the summer but most of them are down west (swansea and the gower).
Bloody ace reply there man! I'll actually tell him that.

I'm pretty good. A little sick, which has put a damper on my uni holidays, but I'm getting better so that should be fixed soon. ^^ Uni starts again soon, so blergh. >< It's 00:30 am, so I best get some sleep. Will look forward to the score tomorrow morning

mcminty wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Ah, well we can keep track of alllll of the sports we are good at.

1927 wrote:

Millenium Stadium
The Cardiff City Stadium
Cardiff Devils Ice Rink

The Liberty Stadium
Scarlets Stadium
Welsh national pool

Newport velodrome

Bloody ace reply there man! I'll actually tell him that.

I'm pretty good. A little sick, which has put a damper on my uni holidays, but I'm getting better so that should be fixed soon. ^^ Uni starts again soon, so blergh. >< It's 00:30 am, so I best get some sleep. Will look forward to the score tomorrow morning
Night hun x

1927 wrote:

Strauss 30
Bopara 35
KP 37*
Colly 36*

These two have got themselves in, we now need them to stay there and one of them to hit 3 figures if we want to win the first test imo.

Bloody hell, they singing 'god save the queen' again.  if they did that 2 miles >>>that way>>> in the football stadium they would get slaughterd.  I know a lo of city fans are there and even though I doubt they join in I'm glad that I didnt hear any boo's.

162-3.  After 97-3 I'd say its slighty in our favour now.
KP 51*
Colly 50*

Tea

Thats better, now stay there and dominate I tell thee, dominate

https://www.canceractive.com/images/geoff_boycott.jpg
ffs Rhydian is singing Delilah during Tea.

No matter what the groundstaff do, no matter how the pitch plays, we are never gonna get test cricket in Cardiff again if they keep putting cunts like that on the ground.

https://www.myparkmag.co.uk/images/celebrity/Rhydian-Roberts-911-18419993-0-0-7008648-200.jpg
Colly gone for 64, good knock.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
Just put a tenner on KP for a double hundred
I know fucking karate
Hope it comes off for you he's snicking it everywhere and middleing it straight at the fielders could be a very good bet.

West Indies cricket is in a right fucking mess isn't it?  They struggling to get a team to play vs Bangladesh tommorow due to players money demands arn't they?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
Yeah, I came back to london last week, so I'm not in the know, but I heard about some boycott or or something...Oh to have those days of Walsh, Ambrose, Lara....

Anyway when it comes to cricket, I'll support Ireland, but seeing as half their team work at the post office, I've adopted England.

Shit KP is gone lol

Edit: what was he doing

Last edited by justice (2009-07-08 08:55:25)

I know fucking karate
Yeah KP out, so am I, speak 2moro
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
My mate rang em earlier from work, he works at npower (sponsors of the tests), and he was like oh I won a couple of tickets for the England v Australia test, and with him not really being into cricket he offered 'em to me and another mate. I was like nice one 2, 3 day tickets (Friday onwards) for nowt I couldn't believe my luck...

Then he goes oh btw it's for the women's test... cunt! 
Told him to fuck off    Can't believe how much he was winding me up.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

To think last night the Chaser made a crack about England winning the toss too.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
Great day's cricket men.

I went to bed with the score at 3/299 so am pretty happy this morning that the Poms finished on 7/336.  KP and Collingwood had me a little nervous for awhile but the Aussie bowlers did well.

I think Australia had their game faces on earlier than England and that first couple of overs against Bopara were fucking great.   There was a lot of talk about Phil Hughes and the short ball but I have to say that the England top order looked very ordinary against the "chin music".

Man I love test cricket!
I still think it's either way at the mo.

The pitch is slow and flat, its a batsmans wicket so you'd say Australia have the edge on England, but its also a spinners wicket which will crumble a bit and Strayer have to bat last on it.

Australia still haven't batted on it yet so I wouldnt read too much into the current score.  Its fucking obvious but the closer England can get to 400 the better.

I much prefer it when England are bowling, not only being a bowler but its hard to go leaping round the office 'cos we score a boundry, totally different if we take a wicket.

I think Pontings captaincy got exposed a bit yesterday as KP was picking up a load of singles and at one point he had to get through 10 overs very quick as play had slowed up.  10 overs of spin in 30 minutes.

A lot rests of Freddie and Broad this morning, and then again with the ball afterwards.

coke wrote:

Then he goes oh btw it's for the women's test... cunt! 
Come on the Women.  Even if they are Lezza's.  Womens sport usually is.
29 Extra's so far - Thanks very much.

402-8, great fun, the tail enders are smacking it.  Three 4's on the trot

Swann 30*
1 down, well bowled Freddie

Come on then. lets get Ponting out and soon
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Ponting will make a century.

You heard it here first.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

AussieReaper wrote:

Ponting will make a century.

You heard it here first.
Nope, my head heard it first, I only hate him out of respect and fear.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
negative, monty will get ponting.
I know fucking karate
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
It's so gay that something like the Ashes isn't on Terrestrial TV. Nothing is sacred these days. Why is it they have Wimbledon on the BBC but not the Ashes. Surely Cricket is a bigger sport than Tennis here, no not surely, it fucking is. Especially The Ashes.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
Good session for the Aussies and some good cricket all round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard