The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
On Thursday in Cardiff (about 2 miles away from me) the 2009 Ashes series kicks off.  We won the Ashes last time it was held over here in 2005, but got fucking trounced 5-0 when we went to Strayer (thats short for Australia if anyone is wondering) approx 14 months or so later.

We will have a better chance than last time IMO as a few of the Strayians have retired but so has possibly our best batsman Micheal Vaughn.  I say possibly as his record vs the Straians wasn't too bad.  I know both teams have brough fresh blood through the ranks but the greatest bowler ever to play isn't going play for Strayer - and thats Warney.  If the King of Spin didnt get you out with one of his deliveries than his gob would probably do the trick.

I love Australia, everything about it other than the creepy crawlies and snakes but sorry to admit I will have very little love over the next 8 weeks or so, until the summer ends as in cricket at least their is no other rivalry like it, oh ok, maybe India and Pakistan as at least we wont go rioting and burning flags if we get bowled out for 102 on the first day.

There has been a lot of talk about the series kicking off in Cardiff and even though I'm biased I can see why.  It should be at Lords, its where all the other series starts and this is the biggest.  However, the stadium and fans will do this competition proud, excellent facilities.

It'll be very interesting the way this goes, I cant see it being a white wash either way.  I can't even call who will be the main men to keep an eye on but as our weather has it at the moment and he is in good form I think the English batsmen should watch out for Brett Lee.  He has had his critics recently but proved last week he can bang it in short and knock ya lid off or pitch it up and get ya stumps cartwheeling.  Same as any battle if you take the general out you have a chance, thats what England need to do with Ricky Ponting.  Flintoff can be the man here, we will miss Simon Jones who was the best player in '05 but Freddie can get it swinging a bit and bowls a decent yorker himself.  Wether Fred is fit enough to last a match, never mind the series waits to be seen.

The hype has been getting stronger in the press over recent months and will increase right up to the 1st ball at 11am on Thursday.  Strayer are known for this side of the game and past players have been gobbing off in the press for a while now, thats about all they can do other than commentate, it'll be very interesting to see whats written between now and Thursday and from then till the very last ball is bowled of the series.  I'd love to be playing in it, Id even stick a hat  and a white coat on and go and umpire it just to hear the slating going on.

I predict a Series win for England or a draw, wether we get the Ashes back I'm not sure, but I think it will be close.

As long as we don't start this series like the last one in Strayer we have improved.  Harmison straight to 2nd slip

Hows ya fucking nerves son?

Brett Lee could be fucked
http://www.skysports.com/cricket/ashes/ … 04,00.html
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Did you hear about that Umpire that was killed during a match? It was in your area, South Wales and apparently he was well known amongst the locals. The ball smacked him in the head as a fielder threw it back from the outfield, unlucky guy..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/8134885.stm

---

Anyway about the Ashes, Australia aren't the team they used to be, although they're still quite dastardly strong, I think this year is one of our best chances to win the lil trophy

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-06 06:23:31)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6712

Mitchell Johnson 2G
Yeah I saw it on the news last night, it was at St Helens (Swansea) where Sobers smacked 6, 6's years ago.  Poor bastard, already lost his wife a few years ago.  Totally differn't league to ours but that league would be allocated Glamorgan players I reckon.  We have to Umpire and score ourselves for our level.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
OOOOHHHH I can't wait for the Ashes to start.
I do think we have a very good chance of winning this time round. The Australian team has no where near as much depth as it used to whereas I believe England have improved themselves. Should be good especially if the weather holds out and we get some big crowds turning out.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Australia's lost a shit load of experience over the past 3 or so years especially bowling with McGrath and Warne. Batting is still fairly decent when they get on a role, so be watching for some nice big Hughes/Ponting partnerships. But Australia's chance of winning will be down to how well our bowlers adapt to the pitches and how constant they can be.
Well fuck me I got that wrong.  Check my first two words out of the OP.  'On Thursday'.  On Fucking Thursday??  Its starts this morning

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/match_ … 79,00.html

I will be listening to it whilst in work here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fr0n5  (That page will change as start of play gets closer)

The 5 day weather forecast looks like this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4

So all in all it should be electric.

A massive boost to England in that Brett Lee is out fucked with a bad side or something.  I think a lot of English fans are looking at this Aussie side and who has retired and thinking its a lot weaker.  Yes it is weaker, but ffs don't underestimate these Straians.  Do so at your peril.

Ive played Hockey and Cricket on the pitch they are playing today and if your bowling towards the River Taff, the ball will swing, its cloudy this morning, breezy and a bit cold.  Win the Toss and Bowl.  I predict 2 wickets down in the first session.  I'd also go with 2 spinners as the pitch turns.  Robert Croft has played on it for 20+ years and has been one of the best spinners in England.  Cardiff's pitch usually stays low, thats typical for all the pitches in South Wales and expect some uneven bounce.  I hope the groundstaff have done a good job.

Its sad to have only 16k fans in but they will make an excellent atmosphere.  I got offered two tickets yesterday for £100 each but I haven't got the money and have to do certain jobs in work right now. 

Boring fact of the day, well two actually.

1. I was playing hockey on the cricket pitch vs Cardiff about 15 years ago and got smacked in the ribs, I threw up over the pitch, right across the square.

2.  I shagged some bird on a bench at 4am after clubbing just behind the River end on a bench.  The camera's often pan out to the bench and look at people walking on the path.  Brings back happy memories.

More than any sporting even this is the one I want to play in.  FA Cup final comes close, very close, but I would love to open the bowling for England this morning.  I would have it swinging, pitching, and moving off the seam towards 2nd slip.  'Got himmmm yessss stick that up ya ass Shane Warne'.

Come on England, and also come on the England ladies.  However, wet wipes have been called for.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
C'mon the Aussies!

Not long to go until the start of play and I can feel the electricity in the air already!

As mush as you want to run in and send that first ball of the day down the wicket '27, I've wanted to be facing down the other end ready to get the scoreboard ticking over.

Man I hope this is another great series that we win 5-0 but that's just wishful thinking.

I look forward to this more any just about any sporting occasion, things are shit at the moment but waking up and realising its today soon sorted that out. 

If you were batting and I was bowling I'd come down your crease by a foot or two to counter act the swing a bit.  Then I'll chuck a full toss down and hope my advice decieved you.
Fuck, we are batting.  5 Live reckon we are fav's cos not even Stuart Clarke is playing, I'm not so sure.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6636|NT, like Mick Dundee

CAAAAAAAAAAAARN THA AUSSIES RAPE SOME ENGLISH FACE!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
What the fuck is with all this fucking singing, STOP IT your turning it into a farce.  Welsh National Anthem and then Canolan (sp).  Its not Wales vs Australia, but its being played in Wales.

Now they are singing about 'Englands pleasent pastures' while standing in Cardiff.  Fools.  Just shut up and fucking bowl, or in our case, stick the lil red cunt in the river.

Last edited by 1927 (2009-07-08 02:57:45)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Not watching it tbh 27. Cbf. It's 7:30pm and I have work tomorrow.
I got it on the radio picturing a load of bollocks, hope Im not in 1 hours time.
I got the toss wrong, fuck me I thought I was bf2s Mr Cricket.
Oh fuck.  Cook out for 10.

Ball isn't swinging around too much, great catch by the sounds of it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

wat

Give us an update of the score in about 6 hours if you're still at work. I'll be up and about then.

Thanks m8.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket … 138912.stm

97-3 @ lunch

Shit start

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-08 05:14:29)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

1927 wrote:

You're a great tosser too.

Good luck England, no Warne or Lee, so you can't do that badly.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

AussieReaper wrote:

1927 wrote:

You're a great tosser too.

Good luck England, no Warne or Lee, so you can't do that badly.
Thats it Ive had enuff, Im off down the ground 7.30pm to fuck Ricky Ponting up and shove his baggy cap down his throat.  I cant pick on big nose Hayden this time.  Im gonna blame you Reap's.

Thanks for coming Brett
https://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf2lUlVRKnX8Akf5WBQx./SIG=12b21nruk/EXP=1247143636/**http%3A//www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/52100/52152.jpg

Last edited by 1927 (2009-07-08 05:49:26)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Will they still even be playing at 7.30pm?

Mekstizzle wrote:

Will they still even be playing at 7.30pm?
Well hopefully not as the stewards might stop me, Im hoping he's off the pitch.  My sister is down there later doing 'the walk for life' or whatever it is, so I might bung a frock on and sneak in.  Theres a huge park at the back of the ground behind the castle so I have a good escape route, Ive had a shave aswell so I might get away with this.

'Ponting fucked up by a 5ft 11" good looking tranny' -  Sydney Times tomorrow morning
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Pie and Colliers getting a decent partnership running here. Obviously now that I've said that, they'll get out, and then the generic England batting collapse will follow
Strauss 30
Bopara 35
KP 37*
Colly 36*

These two have got themselves in, we now need them to stay there and one of them to hit 3 figures if we want to win the first test imo.

Bloody hell, they singing 'god save the queen' again.  if they did that 2 miles >>>that way>>> in the football stadium they would get slaughterd.  I know a lo of city fans are there and even though I doubt they join in I'm glad that I didnt hear any boo's.

162-3.  After 97-3 I'd say its slighty in our favour now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard