Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
Study: Political leanings drive car choice
Ideology correlates to U.S. vs. import

By William Ehart

Washington Times wrote:

...Blue-staters on each coast, from Los Angeles to Seattle and from Boston to the District, are the most likely to drive foreign cars. Domestic brands have their highest levels of market share in the mostly conservative interior of the country.

In some blue states - where a Democrat has won at least three of the last four presidential contests - foreign cars have as much as 60 percent of the market, as measured by vehicle registrations. It is mostly in red states - Republican strongholds - where domestic cars have 74 percent of the market or more.

This pattern holds in 36 states and the District.

The three politically purple states - those that have evenly split the last four elections - strongly prefer domestic cars.

Be careful with that party label, though - and check out the union label.

Its true that liberal Democrats are the least likely group to consider an American car, according to a recent Gallup poll. And conservative Republicans clearly prefer domestic cars. But one species turns the car-buying political spectrum inside out: conservative Democrats. The commitment of this group to buy American cars is so strong that conservative Republicans look downright bicoastal by comparison. ...
What do you drive and does it match your political affiliation?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

I am a repeublican and drive a mitsubishi.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

Interesting study, although I'm assuming that if the results were translated to carbon emission, the results would be in the favor of the "unpatriotic"? What do you think? Also i believe that MPG has affected the choice with the rise of gasoline prices, thus favoring small foreign 4-doors.
I need around tree fiddy.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Well, I'm left-leaning but I drive a Saturn...  (however, it is a model made in Belgium )
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX
I am a conservative Libertarian and I drive a Honda.  A blue one, in fact.  My favorite color is also blue, despite the fact I end up voting red.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|NÃ¥rvei

No wonder then that Norway is so close to being a communist state ... we dont have a car production, all cars are imported ... halp
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard