prototype
+52|6281
I post a rfile for sale on a gun website

I sell the rifle and the buyer deposits the money
$850 USD

I am on my way to mail the rifle to the buyer and I am in a car accident

the rifle along with many of my body parts/organs are severely damaged in the accident

I am not able to send the buyer the rifle but I already have his money

I end up not sending him the money or the rifle

what can the buyer do to hurt me?

would it be a criminal or civil case?

thank you for any replies
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA
He can sue you.  Enjoy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Both, I think you should report the guy to the police if he didn't send you the rifle. Then press forward with a civil case.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

The other details are irrelevant - you either refund his money or give him what he paid for.  If not, its stealing at the simplest.  Things the buyer can do to hurt you - take you to court; find out where you live and break your kneecaps with a baseball bat; hurt your family/loved ones...

Of course, I'm assuming the transaction is legal in the first place.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

He can sue you for $850 or an identical rifle and possibly further damages depending on the circumstances. It would be a civil case. Refund the money asap or things could get very expensive. Hypothetically.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Of course, I'm assuming the transaction is legal in the first place.
oh yeah. The law doesn't protect illegal contracts

Last edited by max (2009-06-29 19:28:38)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
prototype
+52|6281
it was all legally done
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Enjoy your court case. You will lose.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

max wrote:

oh yeah. The law doesn't protect illegal contracts
Yes it does. If you sign a contract with an intoxicated person, or an under aged person, the law can still make a ruling whether or not the terms of the contract should be upheld. That person may claim that they should not - and would probably win quite easily. However, if this contract supplies that person with a necessity to live (for example a house) that part of the contract will still be considered 100% valid if it is in the best interest of the <18 year old or the person who was drunk when signing.

That is Australian/British law, probably applies in some way to US law as well.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

They aren't exactly illegal - invalid would be a better word. Whatever

What I meant was contracts involving illegal actions or goals. Buying drugs, human trafficking, that sorta thing.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
he could bum you so hard your stomach falls out your arse.

hypothetically.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live
He couldn't do shit to you without a gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard