13rin
+977|6497
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/ … llId=37249

Senator Siplin came pretty close Lowing..

The Saggy pants came about from prison.  An inmate would wear his pant low (saggy) if he was 'open for business'.  So, it's really got roots in gay prison sex.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-06-30 09:45:15)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=37249

The Saggy pants came about from prison.  An inmate would wear his pant low (saggy) if he was 'open for business'.  So, it's really got roots in gay prison sex.
actually that is myth and not true at all.

It came about do to not being issued belts and clothes that did not fit in the first place.
13rin
+977|6497

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

It came about do to not being issued belts and clothes that did not fit in the first place.
Guess the Senator was mis informed.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I had heard that as well, so I snoped it, and it is covered there.  http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

If ya can't trust your snopes who can ya trust?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6723

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

This is true.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6723

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I had heard that as well, so I snoped it, and it is covered there.  http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

If ya can't trust your snopes who can ya trust?
You can't trust snopes regarding political matters anymore.  Same goes with factcheck.org.  Snopes was sold in 2005.  I have yet to find out how much it was sold for, or to who it was sold, but there's no reason to trust whoever it is who now owns the site.  Factcheck is owned by the Annenberg Foundation, a foundation that has made recent political contributions.
Reciprocity
+721|6598|the dank(super) side of Oregon
next time this comes up, lowing, take a swig of geritol, shake your cane in their direction an tell them to git of yer lawn.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6723

Reciprocity wrote:

next time this comes up, lowing, take a swig of geritol, shake your cane in their direction an tell them to git of yer lawn.
Lol!
Wreckognize
+294|6503
I love how lowing assumes someone is dependent on social programs by their style of dress.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

I love how lowing assumes someone is dependent on social programs by their style of dress.
The odds are in my favor.

A guy that wears a halter top I will assume ( and probably safely) he is gay.

A guy that drives around with confederate flags all over his pick-up I will assume ( and probably safely) that he is a racist.

A guy that dresses and acts like an urban idiot, I will assume ( and probalby safely) that he is.
Wreckognize
+294|6503
I'm pretty sure that's the definition of prejudice.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

Hey, if you see a guy in a cop uniform, will you assume he is a cop?

If you see a man in suit, will you assume he has a home and a job?

If you see a woman on the corner dressed like a prostitute will you assume she is one? Please explain the difference.

and you are correct, it is a prejudice. This does not mean the odds still do not favor the assumptions

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-01 11:42:11)

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6723

Wreckognize wrote:

There's a fine line between being reasonably prejudice and being unreasonably so.  If you are not at least a little bit prejudiced, you are an idiot.
Wreckognize
+294|6503
I'd say assuming someone is on welfare just because they dress "gangsta" is unreasonable prejudice.  But we all know how lowing like to sugarcoat his racism.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

I'd say assuming someone is on welfare just because they dress "gangsta" is unreasonable prejudice.  But we all know how lowing like to sugarcoat his racism.
I disagree, if you are going to dress and act like an idiot odds are , you probably are. It is an image they want to emulate, well, congrats, they emulate it and have me convinced.

As far as the racism thing goes, I mentioned black and white people,I guess ya didn't read that, so what race were you thinking I was speaking of, and why?

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-01 11:58:18)

Wreckognize
+294|6503
After almost 3 years of reading your posts, I'm pretty convinced that you're racist, even if you can't admit it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

After almost 3 years of reading your posts, I'm pretty convinced that you're racist, even if you can't admit it.
Sorry ya feel that way.

However, your assumption that I am a racist is really the only way you can "argue" against my posts. There is no way you can stand toe to toe based on facts or what I actually write, so your only choice is to try and dismiss me as a racist.

Take this exchange for example, I notice you didn't answer my question, and I know why. You couldn't, for to do so would expose you as the very thing you accuse me of, so you will just call me a racist and abandon the thread.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-01 12:09:15)

Wreckognize
+294|6503
Which question are you referring to?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

Which question are you referring to?
Why you would call me a racist based on my opinion on sagging? What race were you thinking I was speaking of?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA
and there ya go......another hit and run
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I always heard it was to do with the food being bad and inmates losing weight so their clothes hung off them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I always heard it was to do with the food being bad and inmates losing weight so their clothes hung off them.
Ohh I am sure it plays a part, at least I hope it does.
Home
Section.80
+447|6865|Seattle, Washington, USA

I'm in high school. I have a job and have had one since I was of legal age to work. I recently took the SAT, and scored higher on the reading comprehension portion of the test than 95% of the other test-takers in the nation.

If you lift up my shirt, you will see my boxers, because I sag my pants. Maybe you should try it, you might loosen up a bit and make less stupid assumptions if you didn't have something riding up your ass all the time. I don't plan on making you pay for my shortcomings in life through social programs anytime soon.
mikkel
+383|6619
I think it's very natural to have a dislike towards people who dress like that. It (rightfully) represents a culture and mentality that for many is distasteful, so of course many people don't agree with wardrobes that advertise this negative image, whether the wearer subscribes to it or not. The same problem exists in almost all manners of expression, and I'm sure every one of you are irritated by at least one of these manners.

Ultimately people can do what they please, but if I owned an establishment with any kind of dress code, dressing like that would definitely be prohibited.
nlsme1
+32|5435
If I owned an establishment that I needed employees, the first thing that would weigh on my mind on a hiring decision would be the talent at hand. I wouldn't hire an idiot just because he wore a suit. I would regret not hiring a genius because he didn't have enough ass to keep his pants up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard