KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've driven on that road many many times. I'm pretty sure it's a 45mph area. For him to have traveled that far, UPHILL, he had to have been driving at an extreme speed.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Rest in peace DMX.

The video game community will always fondly remember you for the Resident Evil 2 mod.

The video doesn't do it justice. The song actually stops playing if he doesn't see you and it fades out further away you get from him.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

RIP Prince Philip.
uziq
+492|3422
sad for both, for very different reasons.

hope queen lizzy isn't far behind. the royal family is basically over after her.

future status of ruff ridaz unknown.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

*BARKING NOISES*
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It will be interesting to see how Charles acts without Elizabethian regimentation. Although I'm still not discounting the possibility she might outlive him.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
CNN just announced DMX dead at 50. Died same day as Prince Philip. Bizarre.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Brain dead and lung dead. Did he even have a single healthy organ left?
uziq
+492|3422
what on earth does lung dead mean? if you’re brain dead, you need a ventilator. your lungs don’t inflate without the brain telling them to.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Lung and brain failure then, is how articles put it. How about I go through your last 20 posts and nitpick every semantical error I can find, I'm sure that would help out a lot around here lol.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

So I dug up a "deaths of 2021" wikipedia to see if I recognized any more names from recently. The amount of COVID-19 is just depressing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2021
uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Lung and brain failure then, is how articles put it. How about I go through your last 20 posts and nitpick every semantical error I can find, I'm sure that would help out a lot around here lol.
i mean it's not a semantical error, 'brain dead' is a medical term and 'lung dead' is not. respiratory failure is caused either by the heart or brain not doing its job, or by a direct injury to the lungs. in all cases, it doesn't make sense to refer to someone as 'lung dead': they've either had a fatal heart attack or their brain can no longer perform basic functions.

DMX died of an overdose. a heart attack that leads to cardiac arrest/asystole for longer than 30 seconds is going to start causing lasting tissue damage. the organ which demands the most oxygen is of course the brain. it is the most vulnerable and will be damaged the most by heart failure. between your brain being severely damaged and your heart muscles being ruined, the state or 'death' of the other organs is kind of moot.

not sure why the pieces focussed on his lungs (?) drug overdoses don't normally especially damage the lungs. obviously he was on a ventilator because he was brain dead. perhaps poorly written reporting.

Last edited by uziq (2021-04-09 19:21:23)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Is it really that important? His brain and lungs weren't working, so I ended up folding both together on a half-thought throwaway post on a dead forum. Super confusing! Whatever could newbie have meant?

Can we skip the 12-page argument about it.

Anyway his death still sucks. I will probably be going through my library and re-listening to some of his stuff over the next few days.
uziq
+492|3422
i've just never heard anyone say 'lung dead' before. it's kind of funny.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I come from the land of Bushisms. I deserve some slack.
uziq
+492|3422
americans already have big enough slacks. and whilst we're at it, start buying clothes that fit you, dammit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Slacks gonna give it to ya.
uziq
+492|3422
it's weird seeing everyone treat DMX like some hero now. i'm pretty sure that for the last 10 years he has been a meme and a joke. like Coolio. both have evidently been massive crackheads/tweakers for most of their adult lives and have turned up in some pretty odd places. Coolio was touring the UK university circuit for a while, clearly at a low-point in his career, rehearsing 'gangster's paradise' for terribly ironic 18 year olds.

people should be having more frank conversations about these tough guy rappers who have serious demons.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think the media's so saturated in celebrity issues that it becomes white noise. I thought the story was that someone slipped him cocaine when he was in his mid teens, and it took off from there? Benefit of the doubt, I guess. Kind of a sucky way to start an addiction, and a horrible way to die.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

hope queen lizzy isn't far behind. the royal family is basically over after her.

I wouldn't actually wish many people dead, not even them, but deference to the royals and the associated 'ruling class' has been a blight on Britain and likely the root of a lot of the trouble my family has had.

The Russians shot theirs, the French beheaded them, maybe Britain should have found a novel way to get rid of them 100 years ago - we'd be a whole lot better off right now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

I wouldn't actually wish many people dead, not even them, but deference to the royals and the associated 'ruling class' has been a blight on Britain and likely the root of a lot of the trouble my family has had.

The Russians shot theirs, the French beheaded them, maybe Britain should have found a novel way to get rid of them 100 years ago - we'd be a whole lot better off right now.
britain has been a stable society for hundreds of years.

the french had 30 years of terror and murder.

russia - yeah, okay. how many millions dead?

i’m not a monarchist but a harmless constitutional monarchy seems like one of the lesser evils in the world tbh.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Britain has been a sluggish society for years, held back by deference to fools.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its funny how France dismantled their ruling class only to replace it with another, now they're dismantling it again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56674726
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Are there huge republican movements? UK's political system seems stable. Nobody seems to be rioting for fundamental change. It it really worth the social upheaval it would take to get parliament to draft that up and get the monarch to sign it.

Is it really the royals "holding Britain back?" Could it maybe, actually be some of the voters and politicians?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its the whole ruling class which has fucked up Britain.

Brexit was a pretty fundamental change no? A revolt against being governed by unelected snobs in Europe.

The royals could easily be removed by a populist wave.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard