Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
So I just found out about this program, many of you might already know about it but I thought I would share the knowledge with anyone who doesn't know about it.
------------------------------------------------------

TVersity Media Server is a software package that allows a personal computer to stream content to UPnP devices, such as the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, regardless of the limitations of the device.[1] For example, the Xbox 360 does not support certain codecs or Internet videos such as YouTube. TVersity Media Server transcodes the video on the PC into a compatible codec and then streams it to the device.[2]

TVersity aims to:

* Deliver any media to any device
    * Provide a Personal Entertainment Guide (PEG) by allowing users to create a personalized lineup of channels.
    * Provide Content Guides by making it easy to access links via organized lists of multimedia content
    * Multimedia Social Networking - allowing users to share links with other users

While built from open source components, TVersity Media Server as a whole is not (except for the bundled codecs), though the download is currently free to home users.
----------------------------------------------------

So basically that means you can stream anything on your PC directly to your console for viewing on your TV. For me this is kick ass, I can finally watch all my movies on my TV and listen to my music while playing on my console.

Its really easy to use, just install the software and all the codecs required, then you can add any folder on your computer to the media server which will allow your console to access everything in that folder.

Download: http://tversity.com/download/

So anyone else been using this or something similar?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I've used it before to connect to my PS3 and watch TV shows on it. It's pretty cool but most of the videos are kind of low quality so it's not even worth it to watch on my big TV. Looks a lot better on my small monitor. Still pretty cool regardless though.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

I use PS3 Media Server, which allows you to watch MKVs and listen to flacs on your PS3. It's pretty cool.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard