Choclot
+21|6535
For all of those interested in, participating in or considering doing any thing involving Brazillian Ju Jitsu, post here!

Iv been doing it for about a year, pretty serious for the first 6 months but I slowed down for my final year at school for the last 6 months.

Last edited by liquidat0r (2009-06-22 01:46:13)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Royce Gracie is the man.
Choclot
+21|6535
Gracie, chyeaaahhhhh boyiii!!!

Rodney Ellis ring a bell with any one?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
i use to steal his lunch money... lol
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6658|NT, like Mick Dundee

My old karate teacher holds a black belt in it.

Not a bad martial art. Hope your teacher doesn't suck dogs balls.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Choclot
+21|6535
Nope, he is a real top guy.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Whats the difference between Brazillian and non Brazillian?  (Ju Jitsu)

Is Ju Jitsu Judo?  I used to do Judo'ing when I was a nippa.
Choclot
+21|6535
Not too sure, might be that there is no hitting (like punches or kicks) in Brazilian Ju Jitsu and there may be in the original Ju Jitsu. Judo is a whole different fighting style, however many moves and concepts are extremely similar.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6658|NT, like Mick Dundee

1927 wrote:

Whats the difference between Brazillian and non Brazillian?  (Ju Jitsu)

Is Ju Jitsu Judo?  I used to do Judo'ing when I was a nippa.

Judo is... Umm... K, best way I can think to put it.

Judo is the non-violent form of Ju Jitsu. It's a sport, pure and simple. Not very practical for unarmed combat on its own as an art aside from the way it teaches a person to fall properly.

Afaik Brazillian Ju Jitsu is derived from the original art of Judo (which was derived from Ju Jitsu), which afaik was a bit more violent than the modern form but still fairly pacifist in nature. It emphasised less techniques that can maim a person and more on submission tactics. Of course martial arts always change fast and continue changing constantly so all the stuff my teacher told me might have been very incorrect. I think the Gracie school of Brazillian Ju Jitsu is more of a return to the older techniques from Japan.

Tbh if you are going to learn any martial arts, pick one you enjoy and do it for fun because to gain the ability to apply the art in practical situations can take 2-3 years of continuous training. Sure the punching and kicking will help but to actually use it takes a fair bit.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
A12345
+77|6463
since when is there a sports section let alone a bjj thread? ok im two months late but as a sub grappler i might as well say hi, the us open is coming up at the la convention center, a couple of our guys will be competing so its hard training time in the gym, if youre a fan of grappling come check it out

oh yeah and stay pretty gina

https://www.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop.php?image=https://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20090814052503_02carano.JPG&width_size=600

Last edited by A12345 (2009-08-15 04:42:15)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
My wife is does Muay Thai, gonna start fighting soon.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6511|Montucky
I know Semper Foo.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver

S3v3N wrote:

I know Semper Foo.
Nice. What you know about bear style?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I'd Ju Jitsu her.

SonderKommando wrote:

My wife is does Muay Thai, gonna start fighting soon.
Can't make your grammar any worse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard