usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

"The Arctic island of Greenland is assuming self-rule, in the latest step towards independence from Denmark.

The move follows a referendum on greater autonomy in November. It will see Greenland take a greater share of revenues from its natural resources.

Denmark has the final say in defence and foreign-policy matters."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8111292.stm

-------------------------

I don't know much about this situation, but Denmark should let go.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

God damn it fucking Danes.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

article wrote:

Newly elected Prime Minister Kuupik Kleist has vowed to concentrate on tackling big social problems, such as alcoholism, domestic violence and a high suicide rate.
Could they ever go back to a primitive lifestyle or have the influences of modern society been too ingrained? If the Greenlanders are able to secure wealth from exposed resources due to the melting ice sheets I wonder if they would move for full modernization of their towns and practices.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-06-21 18:20:25)

jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Hey did you know Greenland is icy and Iceland is green looool
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
I liked Iceland.
mikkel
+383|6610
Greenland will never be fully independent. They're too dependent on Danish subsidy and alcohol. Half of their GDP is made up of Danish monetary subsidies.

Last edited by mikkel (2009-06-21 23:36:29)

bogo24dk
+26|6515

mikkel wrote:

Greenland will never be fully independent. They're too dependent on Danish subsidy and alcohol. Half of their GDP is made up of Danish monetary subsidies.
Well said.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX
Its hardly FU.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Well I've been hearing that Denmark was actually pushing also for Greenland independence but they both agree that the country isn't ready for it just yet. Basically Denmark subsidises the shit out of Greenland because Greenland is a fucking arctic wasteland so they're actually better off kinda like England and Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland, but then again it all boils down to the defence/resources issues
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well I've been hearing that Denmark was actually pushing also for Greenland independence but they both agree that the country isn't ready for it just yet. Basically Denmark subsidises the shit out of Greenland because Greenland is a fucking arctic wasteland so they're actually better off kinda like England and Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland, but then again it all boils down to the defence/resources issues
Scotland would have been fine without England... Northern Ireland would be fine if it joined the Republic....

Why does Denmark control Greenland anyway?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It really wouldn't, the other nations within the Kingdom would really be much worse off without England and England would be better off without them. Subsidies ftl. Not to mention the fact that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own parliaments, yet also are represented in the national parliament, yet England doesn't have its own parliament. And......there's alot of fuckery going on towards England.

I'm definitely pro Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish independence. Mainly Scotland
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6157|'straya

Flecco wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Scotland would have been fine without England... Northern Ireland would be fine if it joined the Republic....

Why does Denmark control Greenland anyway?
Because no one else wanted it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Mekstizzle wrote:

It really wouldn't, the other nations within the Kingdom would really be much worse off without England and England would be better off without them. Subsidies ftl. Not to mention the fact that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own parliaments, yet also are represented in the national parliament, yet England doesn't have its own parliament. And......there's alot of fuckery going on towards England.

I'm definitely pro Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish independence. Mainly Scotland
Sure, give the Scottish independence now, after pulling up most of their oil and selling it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Most of the North Sea reserves are empty these days
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Mekstizzle wrote:

Most of the North Sea reserves are empty these days
Which is exactly what I just said. For 40 years the British did everything they could to ensure the Scots didn't push for independence. Now they are out of oil no worries! Let them secede!
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6481|Kakanien

mikkel wrote:

denmark still decides over greenlands foreign-, security- and currency-policy
bogo24dk
+26|6515

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

denmark still decides over greenlands foreign-, security- and currency-policy
Greenland has a population of 57.000 of people. There isn't much Denmark decide without considering the Greenland people. And let me make it clear. If they want to become a independent country tomorrow the government will give them a green light.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

bogo24dk wrote:

And let me make it clear. If they want to become a independent country tomorrow the government will give them a green light.
thats not what they say.....
bogo24dk
+26|6515

usmarine wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

And let me make it clear. If they want to become a independent country tomorrow the government will give them a green light.
And you base your "say so" on ????
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

bogo24dk wrote:

usmarine wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

likewise
bogo24dk
+26|6515

usmarine wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

usmarine wrote:

likewise
Ahh we are at kindergarten games again. Boring , unless you have some proof to back your words up. Witch i highly doubt it cause the reality it's very different then your imagination.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

likewise.

i just follow the money.  thats usually the truth.
bogo24dk
+26|6515

usmarine wrote:

likewise.

i just follow the money.  thats usually the truth.
I live in Denmark so unlike you,i don't base my opinions from my fantasy. But if you want to do that don't let me stand in your way.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

will do.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6556|the best galaxy
I have no idea why my country have ruled over Greenland.
We don't take anything away from the people of Greenland though.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard