Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

ph1shman420 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Finray wrote:

I'd say American Football.

Yes, let's take Rugby, put shoulder pads on, and ram into each other @ full speed.

K......
I'd love to see you take a hit from James Harrison, even with full pads on.

You'd be dead.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
don't get my hopes up
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6106|SC | USA |

ph1shman420 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

golf
Ha.  Have you walked a full 18 hole course lately?  You'll feel like you've done a full workout after all those swings and walking.
this

try it and get back to us
Try keeping your head in line while doing it. Btw, try sticking that club head through the same exact motion (within a centimeter or two) throughout the 4 hours.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country
Darts or snooker would have to top my list.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
I love how Americans say Soccer and then non-Americans say some American sport like Football or Baseball.

You're all overlooking the least sporty of sports! Bowling!!! No other sport does the ball return to you at arm level. Is it that difficult to move 5 feet and roll a ball? There's not even much technique to it.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6623|New Hampshire, USA

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I love how Americans say Soccer and then non-Americans say some American sport like Football or Baseball.

You're all overlooking the least sporty of sports! Bowling!!! No other sport does the ball return to you at arm level. Is it that difficult to move 5 feet and roll a ball? There's not even much technique to it.
This is true wise sage
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Lawn Bowels (correct term: Bowls, but its shit)

Pistol Shooting

Sheep Dog Trials

Horse Riding

Chess

Fishing
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708
that shit where they clean the ice in front of a sliding round shaped iron...  Curling
Unless the girls are hot...
https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/catbox777/curl.jpg
Love is the answer
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

that shit where they clean the ice in front of a sliding round shaped iron...  Curling
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/c … 7/curl.jpg
I do my own version on Saturday Nights/Sunday Mornings called 'Hurling', very simular except someone sweeps up behind me not in front and its not on ice or a lil stone they are sweeping up more of a 'pavement omelette'.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6264

VspyVspy wrote:

snooker would have to top my list.
No.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708

1927 wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/c … 7/curl.jpg
I do my own version on Saturday Nights/Sunday Mornings called 'Hurling', very simular except someone sweeps up behind me not in front and its not on ice or a lil stone they are sweeping up more of a 'pavement omelette'.
I did some amateur hurling when i was younger... lol
Love is the answer
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA

did you read the thread?
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6255

Jenspm wrote:

iPwnerrrr wrote:

Golf, Tennis, Baseball sometimes. Its only exciting when its like 10-9 in extras.
how the fuck can you mention Tennis?
Because I misfuckingread. Golf would be my only choice now that I've re-read. Baseball and Tennis are sporty sports. Golf is not. I had originally read least sport as boring...
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5418|Dublin, Ireland

ghettoperson wrote:

Nascar
https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/200.jpg

ALSO

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/865.jpg

Last edited by Oisín<3 (2009-06-22 14:56:46)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Wow.. you guys have some fucked up looking eggs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5418|Dublin, Ireland

Kmarion wrote:

Well, it should hardly be called football, should it?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Pigskin works
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6346|West NY

Stingray24 wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

golf
Ha.  Have you walked a full 18 hole course lately?  You'll feel like you've done a full workout after all those swings and walking.
It's not really an aspect of the "sport" though, is it?

+1
True. But I love bowling.

Oisín<3 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Nascar
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288 … e2/200.jpg
+1

Kmarion wrote:

+1
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5712|Gulf Coast

Stingray24 wrote:

Why just NASCAR and not all racing?  Oh that's right, because you're from Europe and you don't understand it.  Carry on.
What is there to not understand about watching rednecks drive in circles wasting gas? I'm American and I say driving a car is not very sporty. Although it's probably still more physically demanding than golf(unless you don't use a cart and run to all your shots)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
You forgot that Nascar races two very famous road courses.
Stingray24

El Beardo wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Why just NASCAR and not all racing?  Oh that's right, because you're from Europe and you don't understand it.  Carry on.
What is there to not understand about watching rednecks drive in circles wasting gas? I'm American and I say driving a car is not very sporty. Although it's probably still more physically demanding than golf(unless you don't use a cart and run to all your shots)
There's quite a lot to understand if you take the time to do so.  First, they're not all rednecks.  Drivers from all over the US and even other countries race in the series.  Several from IRL, Aussie V8 Supercar series, and even F1.  Granted, the roots of the sport are southern boys runnin' moonshine and then taking their modified cars to the first tracks that were created.  The thing about Nascar is that there is no traction control or electronics in a car with around 800hp.  All driver skill.  There's a thread around here somewhere where I explained all this.  I'll look for it and link.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

American Football really should be called "American Rugby" because although the game has about as much similarity with rugby as it does with football at least the balls are the same shape.

I'm all for it being called "Handegg" though just 'cause it made me laugh.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Stingray24 wrote:

El Beardo wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

There's quite a lot to understand if you take the time to do so.  First, they're not all rednecks.  Drivers from all over the US and even other countries race in the series.  Several from IRL, Aussie V8 Supercar series, and even F1.  Granted, the roots of the sport are southern boys runnin' moonshine and then taking their modified cars to the first tracks that were created.  The thing about Nascar is that there is no traction control or electronics in a car with around 800hp.  All driver skill.  There's a thread around here somewhere where I explained all this.  I'll look for it and link.
Not that I disagree with NASCAR being a sport or unskillful, but F1 also has no traction control and also 750-800HP engines. And then they're driving around a track, which frankly is a lot more interesting. They used to have it back in 2004 when they had 1000HP engines.
Stingray24
Difference in downforce is another significant difference.  The downforce generated by an F1 car is equal to the car weight at around 100mph and almost 2.5 times the car weight at full speed.  The downforce in a NASCAR is far less for a much heavier car.  Though F1 may not have traction control anymore, they still have a lot of electronics to assist the driver, where in NASCAR everything is up to the driver.  F1 uses flappy paddle gearboxes that are computer controlled, except for 1st gear.  Not NASCAR, work that clutch and gearshift.  In other words, everything is manual. 

What is interesting and what is not depends on the preference of the individual.  Personally, I find almost all forms of auto racing interesting.  NASCAR has side by side racing, F1 has breakneck speed around circuits, ALMS has multiple classes on one track etc etc etc.  Each offers something that the other cannot.
Jackabo
+127|6550|Dublin, Ireland
'eSports'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard