Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6664
I did a search but couldn't find much....

Well my sounds in game when i revive it doesn't say anything - But on some friends etc says things like "Alright your good to go!" etc.

Why does mine not say the same sounds as others?

I have the same patch..

Thanks

VoiD
raz
+22|6663|England, UK
Try re-installing both your game and patch.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6664
I did recently - When I had the PB error (FPS Lag) nothing to do with reinstalling for the sounds, so it's not that..
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
My SCAR-L doesn't make any noise while reloading.
SuB
+50|6674
patch... will fix most of this
and when YOUR the medic u don't hear the dude say it as far as i know
morbesso666
+0|6763|Givataim, Israel
Yeah, should I hear my self when I say "Ammo, here"?
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6664
No the sounds on my mates, I've never heard somebody say "Alright your good to do"
JonskyGBR
+5|6672|England
Try the audio setting,

Options/Audio
Audio Renderer: set to hardware
Sound Quality: set to High
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6819|ATX
I never have heard myself say any of the saying, ie "Clear", "First Aid Here", "Ammo, here" ect.  I think that you only hear it when other people say it.
Esker
+1|6726
I haven't either, I just hear the US commander saying "First Aid here" most of the time because the cunt says it so damn loud.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
My guy says it.
Souljah
+42|6666
hmmm never really took notice but i know i can hear myself say Clear! Its Recharging!
JonskyGBR
+5|6672|England
On high setting I don't hear myself saying "AMMO HERE" or "GET FIRST AID,HERE" but I here other people saying it, and the highest quality setting is unavailable, is that what you guys are on, if so, what hardware have you got?

I've got a Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS, I would have thought that would be able to do the highest settings or is that reserved for x-fi sound cards ??

And there's Nathan Skar's War-In-Iraq movie, some guy firing a mounted machine gun shouts "EAT LEAD", I've never heard that in game, he might have added it but it sounds spot on to the other voices, the movie is embedded in my website <<<<<<< if you want to see it. You can double click on it to make it fullscreen although I reduced it's resolution a bit due to a 50meg useage allowance.

Edit: There's also these in the movie that I've never heard in game

"It's dry, Reloading"
"We're getting wasted, fall back"

Last edited by JonskyGBR (2006-02-05 11:00:46)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6763|mansfield
i think i asjusted my audio to a higher setting
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6691|Sweden
You cant hear yourself say those things but others can, just like you can hear them. The commander says the same things but with a different voice.

If you look around in the Battlefield 2/Sounds  folder you can hear someone say "Enemy wheelbarrow spotted!" and peolpe dying in funny screams and people laughing.

Last edited by JON.ANTONSSON (2006-02-05 07:50:44)

AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6823|Germany
Disable your EAX & CMSS3D-Settings in Windows, if you have enabled them.
JonskyGBR
+5|6672|England

AndrewPoison wrote:

Disable your EAX & CMSS3D-Settings in Windows, if you have enabled them.
I thought CMSS3D only affected sterio sound but will give it a try, or is BF2 stereo and not true 3D 5.1 or whatever ?
[NoX]Green
+0|6656
BF2 has only 64 sounds for most sound cards, and even less if you have an old one. BF2 was made to go with the sound blaster X-Fi, if you have this sound card as do i, then you have i think up to like 128 diffrent sounds. as for your EAX & CMSS3D-Settings, this just sends the sounds to diffrent spekers. but if you dont have at least 4.1 then you are wasting time. sumtimes it also has to do with your computer. if you dont have a good sound card, one that has 64Mb of its own on board ram, and a dedicated audio processor. then all that is being done on your system CPU and RAM. there for your computer will disable some things so as it can run stable. hope this haelps, and sorry for the spelling im in a hury.
  try this, it should clear up some stuff    http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/battlefield2/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard