SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5489|England
awesome I can't wait
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
The more I read about it, the better it sounds. Seriously fuck Mosley and Ecclestone
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

emirates will own that eventually also.....
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

CapnNismo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I still find F1 quite good. I think the rule changes should be welcomed to make the budgets more fair. Look at the smaller teams before these latest rule changes: they were always at the back and never stood a real chance at winning. For the past, what, 3 years? What teams were always at the front? BMW, Ferrari and McLaren. How is that even fun to watch? At that point, if you bet on a driver, you have a 1/6 chance of getting the right one to win and a 1/3 chance of picking the right winning team. How the fuck is that entertainment?
The breakaway is about next seasons rules ...
I know that. Once again - what is wrong with budget caps? That means the teams will be forced to look into cost saving measures and invest in technologies that cut fuel usage while maintaining performance. When a team goes over the budget, they have to share material with other teams. Fabulous, then we might actually get more innovative race tech that makes it into road cars!

Then, the smaller teams will actually have a chance to compete with the budgets of the larger and richer teams. How is this budget thing bad? The big teams all have access to wind tunnels of their own (or rent them, and that isn't cheap, either). Once again, how is this bad?! The larger teams are just complaining the loudest because they know they will have to be even more competitive instead of just throwing gobs of money at the car to make up for lack of talent in the driver. The smaller teams are going along with this because the bigger teams are leaving and will be taking sponsors with them. The smaller teams signing up for the new series have no other choice, it's the only chance they have at keeping sponsor money and keeping their cars and drivers on the track. If they stick with a dying F1 when there is no money in it, the teams won't race because it will get too expensive. Simple as that. Fuck Ferrari and fuck McLaren.
As mentioned the argument is not so much about a budget cap ... the hottest issue is about having different rules for each expenditure group ... if you use 5 million on the car you will have different rules than if you spend 5 billion ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

I have never been a fan of either Max Mosley or Bernie Eccelstone. Their governance of the sport has been somewhere between the Medici's and the Mafia, ugly, petty political, vengeful and generally disgusting.

Bernie Ecclestone is like Gollum with a bad hair cut, and he handles F1 like he's king of Mordor. He and Max Mosley have turned F1 into a giant corporation without any soul, and it's about time the sport stood up to them. Can you believe he said the Button was 'very, very bad' for the sport because he's won 6 out of 7 races so far. The sport needs new leadership, and quickly.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
He said that about Button? What a cock, nobody was saying that when Schumacher was dominating. Of course there was always that "special relationship" with Ferrari and all that nonsense, but yeah, that Lord of the Rings analogy is probably spot on
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

This could be awesome. 2 F1 seasons at once!

One championship with all the big names, another with loads of classic returning teams, like Lola and Brabham. Could be great.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
FOTA?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-06-19 06:35:27)

Mekstizzle
WALKER

CameronPoe wrote:

FOTA?
Yes.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bertster7 wrote:

This could be awesome. 2 F1 seasons at once!

One championship with all the big names, another with loads of classic returning teams, like Lola and Brabham. Could be great.
this.

I want my crazy aerodynamics back please. Let the teams go crazy with bull horns and winglets and whatever.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Benzin
+576|5990

Varegg wrote:

As mentioned the argument is not so much about a budget cap ... the hottest issue is about having different rules for each expenditure group ... if you use 5 million on the car you will have different rules than if you spend 5 billion ...
What kind of differences? The way I have been hearing it, the only differences would be there would be a budget cap and anyone spending above that would have to share the fruits of their labor. But different rules for different spending tiers? That fuckin sucks.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK

BBC Sport wrote:

1540 BREAKING NEWS: The FIA is to issue legal proceedings without delay against the Formula One Teams Association following their threat to begin a breakaway series.
Game on
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 108629.stm
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6730|Pakistan/England
goddamnit. I had an interview for a year-placement in a FOTA team, and if I get the position it wont actually be in F1 then, if the breakaway happens
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6243|England
From timesonline  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 537804.ece

The FIA will issue legal proceedings against the Formula One Teams Association (Fota) after its threat to begin a breakaway series.

The eight members of Fota - Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BMW Sauber, Toyota, Brawn GP, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso - announced last night they would not sign up to next year's world championship and would pursue a rival series instead.

Following meetings between Max Mosley, the FIA president, and Bernie Ecclestone, F1's commercial rights-holder, in the Silverstone paddock today, motor sport's world governing body said that legal action is their only recourse.

Confirming their intentions, a statement read: "The FIA's lawyers have now examined the Fota threat to begin a breakaway series.

"The actions of Fota as a whole, and Ferrari in particular, amount to serious violations of law including wilful interference with contractual relations, direct breaches of Ferrari's legal obligations and a grave violation of competition law.

"The FIA will be issuing legal proceedings without delay.

"Preparations for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship continue but publication of the final 2010 entry list will be put on hold while the FIA asserts its legal rights."

Formula One is facing the biggest crisis in its history after the majority of the teams decided to begin preparations for an alternative championship.

On the eve of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, and in a move that could signal the end of the hegemony over motor sport’s pinnacle category by Ecclestone and Mosley, the teams decided that they had no alternative but to set up their own series.

After meeting at the headquarters of the Renault team near Oxford, Fota said that it had genuinely sought a compromise solution in the row with the FIA over budget capping for next season, but made no progress.

“The teams therefore have no alternative other than to commence the preparation for a new championship which reflects the values of its participants and partners,” Fota said.

The FIA responded this morning by insisting that they would not back down, leaving the argument in stalemate. "We are disappointed but not surprised by Fota's inability to reach a compromise in the best interests of the sport," the FIA's statement said.

"It is clear that elements within Fota have sought this outcome throughout the prolonged period of negotiation and have not engaged in the discussions in good faith.

"The FIA cannot permit a financial arms race in the championship nor can the FIA allow Fota to dictate the rules of Formula One.

"The deadline for unconditional entries to the 2010 FIA Formula World Championship will expire this evening."

In an ambitious vision for the future of its alternative championship, Fota appeared to predict that most of the top drivers and stakeholders would take part. “The major drivers, stars, brands, sponsors, promoters and companies historically associated with the highest level of motor sport will all feature in this new series,” Fota insisted.

Between them, the breakaway teams employ almost all the top drivers in the sport, among them Britain’s world champion, Lewis Hamilton, and this season’s championship leader, Jenson Button.

The row over budget capping may be the immediate cause of the split, but there is no doubt that the rebellion by the teams also reflects their collective loss of patience with Mosley.

Privately, team principals have spoken of how they do not want their companies to be in any way beholden to an individual whom they do not trust. Mosley is regarded as dictatorial in style, wilful and meddling, and the breakaway is one way for the teams to escape his influence.

In Formula One politics, grand gestures often lead to little ultimate change. This time the teams have gone out on a limb and they are likely to face enormous obstacles in trying to set up a series in the teeth of Ecclestone and Mosley’s opposition.

Last edited by smuder201 (2009-06-19 16:32:33)

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

CapnNismo wrote:

Varegg wrote:

What kind of differences? The way I have been hearing it, the only differences would be there would be a budget cap and anyone spending above that would have to share the fruits of their labor. But different rules for different spending tiers? That fuckin sucks.
Yes things like if you spend less your engine revs are capped at 19k instead of 18 or 17k.

Zimmer wrote:

Yeah, I mean remember the days of Hakkinen and Schumacher and even Alonso. They were fantastic F1 Championships. Now it's all gone down the fucking drain.
No, just no. Thats precisely when everything went wrong. You have to go back to the Senna, Prost, Hill era and before.
Benzin
+576|5990
Mosley and Ecclestone really want to introduce a rule like that? What a load of shit. Again, a general budget cap that applies to all teams would be one thing. But rule tiers to coincide with spending tiers is something entirely different. I say let them make a new series then. Hopefully they keep the cars the way they are now, though. At least now we see driver skill and not engineering skill quite as much in the races.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

Mosley will step down, and no new FOTA series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 116756.stm
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
Tidy
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
sports
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6730|Pakistan/England
thank goodness. a friend of mine is working at Williams for a year starting this summer and it wouldve sucked for him to be there when his team was fighting with Force India for the WCC!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6565
at last.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Post sports topics in the sports section please. Thanks.

ATG
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
Well I would have if Sports section was up
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6615|EU

Dauntless wrote:

Mosley will step down, and no new FOTA series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 116756.stm
Now Mosley says that FOTA lies and we are back to where we started.... What a circus
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5489|England

Kptk92 wrote:

Well I would have if Sports section was up
owned

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard