.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Don't bother it'll just get stolen.
Is that a joke about the OP's location, or is there something here I'm missing?
I think its pretty obvious good, expensive bikes gets stolen very often. But if he doesn't leave it on publics spots then I don't really see a problem. If its not for transport but purely for sports it should be just fine.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Over the past ten years I've had three mountain bikes stolen on me.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

I've owned probably 6 grands worth of bikes in my life, never had one stolen. I just don't leave it in public.
.Sup
be nice

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Over the past ten years I've had three mountain bikes stolen on me.
For transport you should only use "el cheapo" bicycles like they use in Holland. menzo<3
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6447|EE Chat
I don't think its worth the extra money if they aren't that good. Thanks for the input guys. Will post pics soon
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

ghettoperson wrote:

I've owned probably 6 grands worth of bikes in my life, never had one stolen. I just don't leave it in public.
I left one on Stephen's Green in Dublin to go into a meeting in an office building there - it's like leaving your bike in the equivalent of say Whitehall in London or the Champs Elysees in Paris and it got fucking nicked. Unbelievable. My next bike will definitely not be left in public for very long, not without several different types of lock anyway.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I left one on Stephen's Green in Dublin to go into a meeting in an office building there - it's like leaving your bike in the equivalent of say Whitehall in London or the Champs Elysees in Paris and it got fucking nicked. Unbelievable. My next bike will definitely not be left in public for very long, not without several different types of lock anyway.
no matter where you are, just don't leave a bike unlocked.  it's the same as leaving behind a backpack.  anyone can walk off with it and pretend it's theirs.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

haffeysucks wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

no matter where you are, just don't leave a bike unlocked.  it's the same as leaving behind a backpack.  anyone can walk off with it and pretend it's theirs.
It was locked. No lock is good enough.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

CameronPoe wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

oh wow then.  what kind of lock?  you said "left it" so i thought you just left it unlocked.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
.Sup
be nice
My buddy left his Aprillia infront of the store to buy some cookies. He was gone for five minutes. Motorcycle was locked. Nicked. He had 3 motorcycles stolen. Once he left it in front of a security guard and 2 minutes later it was stolen...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

haffeysucks wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

oh wow then.  what kind of lock?  you said "left it" so i thought you just left it unlocked.
It was a thick cable lock. Possible prob was that it was a combination lock - but I've had u-locked bikes nicked before too.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6449|Boulder, CO

CameronPoe wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It was a thick cable lock. Possible prob was that it was a combination lock - but I've had u-locked bikes nicked before too.
Apparently the best thing you can do is use both types, people will only carry around one form of cutters so they can only cut one form of lock making your bike a lot harder to nick.

Bad luck on it happening in the first place though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard