Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I've never been the type for horror movies, but I feel that every time I watch one, I get disappointed by it.

So I need you guys to suggest me some good ones. The basic horror movies are pointless, I want stuff that hasn't been heard of/foreign/not very popular, that can actually make you shit your pants. It's been a disappointing quest so far with these two movies as the ones I should get:

Battle Royale
[Rec]

I honestly can't find anything else that is even remotely worth watching. Drag Me To Hell looks quite good, but the cinema is a no no atm. So, suggest away.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5498|England
a few people have said Blair witch project is scary, never seen it though.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6647
Jacob's Ladder. It does a really good job with the atmosphere and doesn't rely on predictable internet flash screamer scares like most modern horror movies.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

I heard El Orfanato (The Orphanage) was good, haven't gotten to see it yet though.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Jacob's Ladder. It does a really good job with the atmosphere and doesn't rely on predictable internet flash screamer scares like most modern horror movies.
Yeah, was considering that as well. Hmm....
I'll put both suggestions on my list.

Also, nice to see you around Pollux.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
I like The Blair Witch Project because it's all psychological; I find the silly 'Boo!' jump sequences and the predictable suspense-builders a bit tiring and yawnworthy, to be honest. The Blair Witch Project is different in that it ostensibly poses as a documentary rather than an over-the-top blatant horror, and so it's a lot more subtle in its effects. Pretty good, if a little overhyped.

The original Japanese Ringu's (The Ring) were amazing too. The Hollywood remakes were just grotesquely poor in comparison.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

The remakes of some of the Japanese movies are quite good but the originals are better ...

The Ring
The Grudge - There is also a part 2 but that was simply a twist of the first ...

Some zombie movies are pretty cool but not really that scary ...

Dawn of the dead
28 weeks & 28 weeks later are of the better ones

I think Saw was good, Saw2 sucked ass and I haven't seen the others ...

Battle Royal are a must ... that is a cult movie already imo ... not very scary actually ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Silent hill 2008 i think the title was. It was pretty scary for me
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Silent Night Deadly Night 2
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Anything based on Stephen King stuff. It is one of my favourites.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-06-15 13:18:30)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

I like The Blair Witch Project because it's all psychological; I find the silly 'Boo!' jump sequences and the predictable suspense-builders a bit tiring and yawnworthy, to be honest. The Blair Witch Project is different in that it ostensibly poses as a documentary rather than an over-the-top blatant horror, and so it's a lot more subtle in its effects. Pretty good, if a little overhyped.

The original Japanese Ringu's (The Ring) were amazing too. The Hollywood remakes were just grotesquely poor in comparison.
See, the thing is, the movie wouldn't be primarily for me, and "she" likes the scares and shit. That's what she sees as a decent horror movie. A good horror movie usually has decent scares in them, I would rather that than a psychological instense thriller that makes you slightly nervous but never gets you off your seat.

The japanese ring sounds like a good shout.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
The Shining
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
Japanese Ring (there's a sequel which is decent as well) is awesome. I actually had sleepless nights.

Most horror movies suckass though, and tbh whoever told you battle royale (wtf? it's not even horror) and .rec is a nub lol
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Aries_37 wrote:

Japanese Ring (there's a sequel which is decent as well) is awesome. I actually had sleepless nights.

Most horror movies suckass though, and tbh whoever told you battle royale (wtf? it's not even horror) and .rec is a nub lol
I've just been reading up reviews and comments, nothing more.

[Rec] is said to be good, better than Quarantine, anyway. I don't know, as I said, I'm not the horror movie person.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6327|England
Battle Royale isn't really horror. It's more of a tension thing with fuck loads of gore from what I remember. Good film nonetheless though.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
The reviews are right in that they're good films, but they're not really scary. Also check out The Descent, again not that scary but a great watch.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

My gf had never seen Deliverance so I made her watch it.

She was so frickin scared dude. She's still having nightmares about it and doesn't want to go camping now. lol Or ever. But she will as long as she gets to carry my shotgun around the whole time.

I know it's old, but it's still very scary to those who haven't seen it before.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Zimmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

[Rec] is said to be good, better than Quarantine, anyway. I don't know, as I said, I'm not the horror movie person.
Quarantine is the hollywood version of Rec ...

*The Thing
*Rec as you have already mentioned
*The Mist
*Ju'on - the original of the Grudge
*The Ring or the original Ringu
*Salems lot
*Evil dead 1 & 2
*The Shining - good call by Cam, been awhile since I've seen it but it's one of Jack Nicholsons best movies imo ...

Should be good for a few hours me thinks ... Jacobs ladder I yet to see ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Varegg wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Quarantine is the hollywood version of Rec ...

*The Thing
*The Mist
*Salems lot
*Evil dead 1 & 2
*The Shining - good call by Cam, been awhile since I've seen it but it's one of Jack Nicholsons best movies imo ...

I wouldn't classify Jacob's Ladder as a horror, but it is very good.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Zim, get in car and go to London. There's a show there called 'The Woman in Black'... Believe it's still on anyway. For the first half of the play all the 'scary' bits were laughed off.

Nobody laughed during the second half. It's a very, very well put together little play. The actors are brilliant.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Varegg wrote:

*The Thing
*The Mist
*Salems lot
*Evil dead 1 & 2

I wouldn't really classify The Mist as horror. It's not scary, but more nerve racking. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
The Descent is pretty cool.

Also that new Haunting in Connecticut is quite good.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5448
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6447|Amsterdam‫
i heard REC was good
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

menzo2003 wrote:

i heard REC was good
Friggin scary shit that.

Battle Royale is an awsm film, though not really a horror movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard