RFTBunny
+4|6431|United States
Hey,

I haven't played BF2 in like a year because my buddies stopped playing.  I installed it again and am trying to connect to servers.  I am getting this error message.  "Connection Failed.  Please check your network settings and try again."

My network is fine.  I'm not running a firewall. And I made sure my IP is set to DMZ on my hardwire linksys router.

Please help .. i wanna play again
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
u have to download that punkbuster thingie there is a special software u need to download now externally before you can play or otherwise its gonna kick u or it wont let u play
RFTBunny
+4|6431|United States
K .. i updated punkbuster ... and now i can connect but PB is kicking me out telling me connection failure PbsterA.exe or something like that
RFTBunny
+4|6431|United States
So i solved the Punkbuster problem .. but now when i connect ... i get into a server for about 10 seconds and then it tells me connection lost
Fateless
+36|6213|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Did you use PBsvc to install the PB service?  http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
ArabianSensation
+2|5412
You have to update punkbuster manually it looks like. If that keeps happening, browse to the pb folder in the BF2 program files directory and manually run pbustera.exe and pbusterb.exe that usually works for me
RFTBunny
+4|6431|United States
yes i've installed PBsvc and also have those punkbuster services running in the backround PbusterA.exe .. etc ..

I do not believe this is a punkbuster problem ... BF2 was always like this .. it always acted up kicking you out after joining the server for a few seconds .. the only way i fixed it in the past was the constantly reinstall the game over and over again .. but i hope i don't have to do that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard