Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Six Flags, the theme park operator, filed for bankruptcy early Saturday in Delaware after failing to reach an agreement with lenders to reorganize its debt.

Six Flags is the latest company to prove unable to cope with its debt load at a time when previous solutions like refinancing are largely unavailable. The theme park operator, which had $2.4 billion in debt, faced nearly $300 million in payments to preferred stockholders due in August.

In a statement, Six Flags said it was seeking court approval for a restructuring plan it had already negotiated, which has the unanimous approval of its lenders. That proposal would eliminate $1.8 billion in debt and slice off the $300 million in preferred stock payments.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/busin … f=business
Loved that place when I was little. Anyone else ever go to one of these or remember the place?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
wow and they still have those commercials six flags more fun with that bald guy.....
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5498|England
alton towers > you
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
0 flags. No fun.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Was just at Great Adventure 2 years ago...dirty as hell.

Maybe this'll force them to rethink how they manage their parks.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Poseidon wrote:

Haven't been there since I was little. It got that bad there?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

cedar point pwns six phags
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Meh, I got over theme parks when I was in my early teens.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Anyone notice how big companies never really fail, they can be £2 billion in debt and go into bankruptcy but they all somehow just manage to linger on, I swear this shit wouldn't have happened even just a few decades ago

It's like most of the Western world lives upto its knees in debt yet everything is fine but some bastard in some poor country (or even the entire country itself) if he's in debt it's all over for him and his family they ain't getting shit

I think the whole world system is messed up, the sooner all these bullshit global financial institutions and standards and globalisation goes away and countries can start doing their own things properly the better
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah totally the same here, I just do hard drugs nowadays to get my kicks and thrills.

Mek: The reason that big companies are allowed to be knee-deep in debt before they have to face the music is because normally they can cover their liabilities using the value tied up in their fixed-assets; investors aren't so quick to cry and ask for their repayments when they know that the company owns 'x' million's worth of property and rides. Compared to small businesses that only have personal assets such as the family house to fall back on, the banks and investors are a lot more lenient.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-06-14 13:02:01)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah totally the same here, I just do hard drugs nowadays to get my kicks and thrills.
You're so hardcore Uzi.

I'm not saying rollercoasters aren't fun, I'm just saying there are much better ways I'd spend 35 quid. For instance, I can book two uplifts at any downhill mountain biking venue in the country for that, which in my mind is 100 times more fun.
Benzin
+576|6000

blademaster wrote:

wow and they still have those commercials six flags more fun with that bald guy.....
that's actually a woman ...
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
They should of played Roller Coaster Tycoon more...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Road trip to SF: Great America; let's go!
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space

usmarine wrote:

cedar point pwns six phags
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Macbeth wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, it's extremely disgusting there. Don't know what the fuck they pay their janitors but clearly it's very little for what they do.

I wouldn't say anything if it wasn't as bad as it is...and it is.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Funny considering they had record profits.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland
Hopefully they'll shut down and stop having people falling off their rollercoasters.  They seem rather predisposed to that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, it's extremely disgusting there. Don't know what the fuck they pay their janitors but clearly it's very little for what they do.

Bush Gardens Tampa.. extremely clean and it offers much much more. They stopped giving out free beer though..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Bush Gardens Tampa.. extremely clean and it offers much much more. They stopped giving out free beer though..lol.
Never been but want to go badly. Sheikra looks fucking awesome.

I'll probably stick to Universal/Disney for my cheap (yet ironically expensive) thrills.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I'll probably stick to Universal/Disney for my cheap (yet ironically expensive) thrills.
If you're in Orlando.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/3566519560_a0a52716e4.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

That's too bad. Maybe if we had some of that Mexican slave labor the place would be clean.

On a side note I had to Google what you meant, I thought you were talking about Shakira for a second instead of a roller coaster.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

If you're in Orlando.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/356 … 2716e4.jpg
http://www.universalorlando.com/amuseme … -fury.html

Been there many a-time. <3 Hard Rock Hotel

Macbeth wrote:

On a side note I had to Google what you meant, I thought you were talking about Shakira for a second instead of a roller coaster.
She'd probably be fun to ride as well.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

If you're in Orlando.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/356 … 2716e4.jpg
http://www.universalorlando.com/amuseme … -fury.html

Been there many a-time. <3 Hard Rock Hotel
I've been there at least 10 times. Florida residents get in cheaper. .. and at Bush Gardens all we have to do is buy one ticket and we get in the rest of the year for free . It really is . Sometimes we will swing by just late in the day, for a few hours.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Macbeth wrote:

Image courtesy of moi..
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3427505318_3dbdce7ea0.jpg
It stops at the top and leaves you hanging staring at the ground.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard