Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

imortal wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You'd rather go into ANOTHER war without us or one of our allies being attacked first?
We kinda learned at Pearl Harbor that waiting can be kinda expensive.  If you don't attack first, it may be hard to attack at all.

Well, kinda learned.  Some people learned, others choose not to.

Depending what you hit, the first hits can be some of the most critical, and can cut a fight short, rather than rawing it out into a slugging match.  Of course, Japan thought the same thing when they hit Pearl Harbor, so sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
We needed the attack at Pearl Harbor to be damaging enough to freak out the general populace while still being not damaging enough to significantly affect our strength in order for us to properly enter the war with public support.

Nowadays, this can be garnered with far less damage done.  The current populace is much more willing to go to war with North Korea than our populace was willing to go to war with Nazi Germany and Imperialist Japan.

In addition, if we let North Korea strike first, it makes it easier to get international support, because the war can be seen as defensive.

All it takes is one ship to be attacked.  That's really not that hard.
I disagree. There is a strong anti-war sentiment in this country. If Americans were determined for war they would not have elected Obama, the candidate promising to bring our soldiers home.

But yea, if attacked (even one of our ships) first we should respond appropriately. That means preventing them from doing it again. I don't think that makes me a hawk.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA
Its interesting that those apposed to war need to have innocent people killed first before retaliating, vs. I guess hawks who will preemptively go to war to prevent innocents getting killed...is that right?

I mean if our military went to war with North Korea BEFORE North Korea attacked, would there be less or more innocents killed?  On which side?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York

Harmor wrote:

Its interesting that those apposed to war need to have innocent people killed first before retaliating, vs. I guess hawks who will preemptively go to war to prevent innocents getting killed...is that right?

I mean if our military went to war with North Korea BEFORE North Korea attacked, would there be less or more innocents killed?  On which side?
Who said innocents have to be killed? I'd just rather it be THEM making the first move of aggression. I'm sorry if you and others just love war so much that you'd put further strain on our military just to shut Kim Jong Il up.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Who said innocents have to be killed? I'd just rather it be THEM making the first move of aggression. I'm sorry if you and others just love war so much that you'd put further strain on our military just to shut Kim Jong Il up.
I'm pretty sure if it really came down to it we're looking @ http://bit.ly/kmar34
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA
So we wait for a nuclear bomb to land in Seoul, Korea with 24 million people in its metro area???

https://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2855/seoulsk.png
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul

OT: Who's idea was it to put the capital of your country so close to the border of a tyrannical crazy dictator?
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6327|South Jersey
mmmm JDAM....Straight ontop of his golden dojo while he's eating supper with his sons, if you ask me. I'll forward this to Oface
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program.

The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea’s Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan’s top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.

The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said.

While the newspaper speculated the Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, it said the missile would not be able to hit Hawaii’s main islands, which are about 4,500 miles (7,200 kilometers) from the Korean peninsula.
keep fkn around...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Kmarion wrote:

North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program.

The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea’s Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan’s top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.

While the newspaper speculated the Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, it said the missile would not be able to hit Hawaii’s main islands, which are about 4,500 miles (7,200 kilometers) from the Korean peninsula.
keep fkn around...
"still not a threat to the US and its all the fault of the USA" - random bf2s euro/irish knob

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-19 01:53:42)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

How do you think Japan must feel? Fail missiles flying overhead.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Kmarion wrote:

How do you think Japan must feel? Fail missiles flying overhead.
pissed off but powerless I guess.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England

Kmarion wrote:

keep fkn around...
nuke hawaii

but WHY

What was the point of that paragraph anyway, they talk about Hawaii and shit and then the last sentence finishes off with "but it won't be able to hit Hawaii"

NK are really chatting some shit these days though, alot of people are itching for O to invade NK but I ..... I don't think people realise just how big it would be. Ever since Afghanistan and Iraq people have a deluded sense of the USA and the world, they think every invasion would go the way it went against Afghanistan and Iraq, I mean that's just retarded
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

keep fkn around...
I'd love to see them do that.

Perfect example of the "aggression" needed to justify an attack. And it really would be, too. Not just some faux blowing up of the USS Maine aggression.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

keep fkn around...
nuke hawaii

but WHY

What was the point of that paragraph anyway, they talk about Hawaii and shit and then the last sentence finishes off with "but it won't be able to hit Hawaii"

NK are really chatting some shit these days though, alot of people are itching for O to invade NK but I ..... I don't think people realise just how big it would be. Ever since Afghanistan and Iraq people have a deluded sense of the USA and the world, they think every invasion would go the way it went against Afghanistan and Iraq, I mean that's just retarded
Why do people automatically jump to invasion? Who exactly is saying invade? This (if anything) would be a surgical strike type operation.

...or maybe we'll just play a little chess with them.
U.S. Fortifies Hawaii to Meet Threat From Korea
https://i43.tinypic.com/ofc8es.jpg
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. is moving ground-to-air missile defenses to Hawaii as tensions escalate between Washington and Pyongyang over North Korea's recent moves to restart its nuclear-weapon program and resume test-firing long-range missiles.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Thursday that the U.S. is concerned that Pyongyang might soon fire a missile toward Hawaii. Some senior U.S. officials expect a North Korean test by midsummer, even though most don't believe the missile would be capable of crossing the Pacific and reaching Hawaii.

Mr. Gates told reporters that the U.S. is positioning a sophisticated floating radar array in the ocean around Hawaii to track an incoming missile. The U.S. is also deploying missile-defense weapons to Hawaii that would theoretically be capable of shooting down a North Korean missile, should such an order be given, he said.

"We do have some concerns if they were to launch a missile...in the direction of Hawaii," Mr. Gates said. "We are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect American territory."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

anyone find it funny the USS John McCain is following that NK ship?  i lol'd
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

anyone find it funny the USS John McCain is following that NK ship?  i lol'd
yea.. but i think it's named after his Dad..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Holy fucking shit, I want one.
NgoDamWei
+7|5680|Western North Carolina
I suggest that for every NK missle test firing we test our sea or airborne missle intercept system. 

That is contingent, however, in that the NK missle actually stays in the air long enough without a malfunction.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Time for some practice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-based_X-band_Radar
$900,000,000
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

$900,000,000
pocket change
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

$900,000,000
pocket change
look at it from this perspective.. holy hell.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

pocket change
still not as big as Kim Jong's ego
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

pocket change
still not as big as Kim Jong's ego
Yes but his ego is not a product of multinational engineering excellence.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Apparently they just threatened to "wipe us off the map"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
I was almost reduced to tears reading that, haha

tears of joy laughter
Kez