Iran: Selection or Election?

Selection/fraud85%85% - 81
Election/legitimate14%14% - 14
Total: 95
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5629

Ataronchronon wrote:

That's not good at all, that just gives the President a more legitimate excuse to crack down on the protests.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6736
Damn. That's some serious civil unrest.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6449|North Carolina
I'm really starting to like these Iranians.  They've got serious balls.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6573|Global Command

Macbeth wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

That's not good at all, that just gives the President a more legitimate excuse to crack down on the protests.
fuck 'em, not like they aren't killing civilians anyway.

BURN IT FUCKING DOWN!!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6805

Turquoise wrote:

ya?  they do eh?  they are fired up over someone who doesnt even run their country.  k
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5629

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ya?  they do eh?  they are fired up over someone who doesnt even run their country.  k
Now aren't you glad we didn't invade them? They're that pissed over that, imagine how'd they be if we had invaded their asses.

@ATG Nothing wrong with some blood lust.
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah, but they know how to give the government hell, which is pretty impressive.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6805

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah, but they know how to give the government hell, which is pretty impressive.
meh....they are not fighting the person behind it all.  i call that fail and useless mob crap.  but, thank god the media and twitter have raised their stock over nothing.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6592|San Diego, CA, USA
Iran's dictators have been bringing in foreign fighters.  Perhaps 'Hamas'...not sure...but according to the tweets from Iran they don't speak Farsi.

I still don't understand why we aren't supporting this.  It would be alot easier if they overthrew their government and put something in more moderate so we don't have to worry about their nuclear weapon's program.
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

meh....they are not fighting the person behind it all.  i call that fail and useless mob crap.  but, thank god the media and twitter have raised their stock over nothing.
They are fighting the only forces they can reach -- that being the Basij.  I call that awesome.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6805

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

They are fighting the only forces they can reach -- that being the Basij.  I call that awesome.
k....

thats like beating up a bank teller for all the fraud but whatever impresses you
Reciprocity
+721|6624|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Harmor wrote:

I still don't understand why we aren't supporting this.  It would be alot easier if they overthrew their government and put something in more moderate so we don't have to worry about their nuclear weapon's program.
i'm sure that would go over well.
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

k....

thats like beating up a bank teller for all the fraud but whatever impresses you
The Basij were killing people left and right over the last day or two.  Yeah, I'd beat the shit out of tellers if they did that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6645|132 and Bush

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Fuck yea it is.. there will be no sleep tonight. Shit, I'll probably have nightmares after watching it ..lol.

It literally sounds like someone opened the gates of hell.
I hope the people of Iran make them bastards pay with their lives.

Out
Rageous
They burned the Basiji head quarters after that.
http://www.cnn.com/video/?JSONLINK=/vid … ed.amateur
+1
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2682608

I don't think we need a new topic everytime there is a development. It's already hard enough to keep up with the three other threads.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
I sometimes get

"
An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch post info, e.
"

error...you guys getting this for this post sometimes?

EDIT: Ah it was merged...I see.

Anyhow this is getting blood really quick.  I still don't get why people are having a 'hand-off' approach on this.  I've read a few pages of this thread and its like they would some how be violating some kind of 'principle" or something...we don't live in Switzerland, we can voice our opinion and our support for the moderates in Iran...its OK they won't come and kill you (except if you're a blogger or protester in Iran).

I think you just don't want to be "not be liked" and think that voicing your opinion will have difficult relations after all this is done.

EDIT2: Lets hope this turns into a revolution.

Last edited by Harmor (2009-06-21 21:12:00)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6645|132 and Bush

Harmor wrote:

I sometimes get

"
An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch post info, e.
"

error...you guys getting this for this post sometimes?

EDIT: Ah it was merged...I see.

Anyhow this is getting blood really quick.  I still don't get why people are having a 'hand-off' approach on this.  I've read a few pages of this thread and its like they would some how be violating some kind of 'principle" or something...we don't live in Switzerland, we can voice our opinion and our support for the moderates in Iran...its OK they won't come and kill you (except if you're a blogger or protester in Iran).

I think you just don't want to be "not be liked" and think that voicing your opinion will have difficult relations after all this is done.

EDIT2: Lets hope this turns into a revolution.
No you don't get it at all. The primary reason for not overtly picking a side has to do with the fact that it is going to unite the Iranians against a common enemy. ..us.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6805

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

k....

The Basij were killing people left and right over the last day or two.  Yeah, I'd beat the shit out of tellers if they did that.
you dont seem to get what i am saying.
Karbin
+42|6338

Harmor wrote:

It's called the Strait of Hormuz.

20% of the worlds oil passe's thought an area, that at it's narrowest, is 54 clicks (29 nmi) wide.
Iran is known to have Silkworm anti-ship launchers covering the area.

Oil is going up, just with the unrest. If the West jumps in on it, watch oil go through the roof. As well as the nutbars in Tehran "punishing" the west for interfering in an internal matter.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6227|Ireland

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

k....

you dont seem to get what i am saying.
I don't understand either, are you suggesting that bank tellers go out and beat/kill people?  They execute voluntary bank transactions.

It would be more like beating up policemen for trying to confiscate weapons.  Doing something completely illegal and clearly wrong against the citizens for a corrupt government. 

Yes, this is where it all starts.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6573|Global Command
https://i43.tinypic.com/mt5la8.jpg

They are getting them ready in Iran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8113552.stm
Lai
+186|6195

Some good news too:

Clerics are now marching with the people and General Ali Fazli, recently appointed CO of the Revolutionary Guard has refused a direct order from Khamenei to move on the people. He has reportedly been arrested.
Turquoise
O Canada
A military coup would be quite useful right now.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6645|132 and Bush

Lai wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npdISZUtdmU

Some good news too:

Clerics are now marching with the people and General Ali Fazli, recently appointed CO of the Revolutionary Guard has refused a direct order from Khamenei to move on the people. He has reportedly been arrested.
They started marching with them two days ago.

Kmarion wrote:

Update (AP):  Rooftop shouts now being heard in Mashad, the Shiites’ second holiest city. Proof that the clerics are coming around to the people’s side?
reports flooding in massive rebellion in Mashad, city alive with screams of Allah Akbar. Mullahs hand in hand with ppl.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6760
They are asking for our support...
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of the former shah of Iran called Monday for solidarity against Iran's Islamic regime, warning that the democratic movement born out of the election crisis might not succeed without international support."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/ … pstoryview

I think/hope they know through twitter and the internet that we are behind their desire to be free...
Love is the answer
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

They are asking for our support...
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of the former shah of Iran called Monday for solidarity against Iran's Islamic regime, warning that the democratic movement born out of the election crisis might not succeed without international support."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/ … pstoryview

I think/hope they know through twitter and the internet that we are behind their desire to be free...
They need to know that we support them.  So far the only argument so far that is the Straits of Hormuz argument above that is best reason I've heard, however, I think the current regime is destabilizing that area more than a coup towards a more moderate Iran.

I've heard today they arrested the General of the Revolutionary Army because he refused to crack down on the demonstrators...is that true?  I've also heard that their military are donning civilian clothes and protesting...if this is true and there's enough of the military then we could be seeing a coup starting.

Any encouragement on our part, with our voiced support (notice I said voice not military or monetary), could go a long way, I think, to at least knowing that there sacrifices are worth it.

BTW, have you guys noticed their protest signs are in English?  I wonder if that's to try to convince us for help?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard