xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California
As in my other relevant but separate thread, I'm going to Italy in a few weeks:

In part I (in EE) I put what I'm going there for and for some advice on Italy. Now, here, I'm asking for some thoughts on another similar subject. There's a girl. I work with her quite a bit and she will be going with me to Italy with the rest of the people going.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Basics:

I work with her
Great friend
Tall, blond model looks
Smart (tested genius when she was younger)
Very kind
Very classy
Musician as well (hence I work with her)
A few years younger than me
Known her for several years
---------------------------------------------------------------

Basically if she were anymore perfect for me she might as well have my name tattooed on her arm.

Conundrum: Risk ruining a good friendship for what could be an incredible relationship?
Conundrum #2: If I do intend to act upon this, where and when? Before Italy? Probably not. During Italy? Romantic, but no - it will end up feeling like a vacation fling and nothing more. Afterwards, probably most likely if I were too. A few weeks after when she gets back from her extended stay in EU.

Thoughts?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6773
You're in the dreaded friend zone...sorry
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6227|Brisneyland
Not really a DST thread but anyway...
Go for it. Dont get too fixated on her, you can lose your cool that way. Bear in mind she may not want you that way, so dont be too bummed if it all goes to shit. You will regret it for the rest of your life if you dont try. Good luck
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6686|Disaster Free Zone
Alcohol
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California
Forgot to say she want's a boyfriend too and I happen to know I have all the personality aspects she looks for at least. Yea, friend zone is kind of a bust but I have gotten out of it before. I put this part in DST because I didn't want immature remarks regarding this.
Ioan92
+337|5727
Chloroform

EDIT; Win her, its like waiting to happen, don't postpone it too much,you lose her if you do.

Last edited by Ioan92 (2009-06-11 23:04:25)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6633|IRELAND

Rohypnol for the win.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug

On second thoughts, if she has a BF she might be up for a bit of 'hows your father' with no strings anyway. Pack a bottle of Rohypnol anyway................to be safe
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6654

BN wrote:

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6583|Columbus, OH
Women are more "open" to casual sex when they travel away from home. Go for it. The Out-of-Country rule will exhonorate you once both parties come back to the U.S.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6773

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Forgot to say she want's a boyfriend too and I happen to know I have all the personality aspects she looks for at least. Yea, friend zone is kind of a bust but I have gotten out of it before. I put this part in DST because I didn't want immature remarks regarding this.
good, luck. Let us know how you get on.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6741|Salt Lake City

Be cautious, as you work with her.  My thoughts are that you don't shit where you eat.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

BN wrote:

Pierre
I hunt criminals down for a living
+68|6680|Belgium
I don't know where in Italy you're going, but there are many romantic places to see. If you're in the mood, and you like her that much, you should go for it. She could be your soulmate.
If you're not serious with her, don't do anything, otherwise you'll build up a bad reputation. You don't play woth other people feelings.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5937|CA
Do it, and now.  Sometimes these opportunities have a way of disappearing very quickly.  She could be grinding on some yoked dude name Sergio on an Italian beach shortly.  Make this vacation an awesome one.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5758|Roma
Go to Venezia and organize a lovely romantic dinner.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6654
Srsly, I wouldn't act on this unless you know for sure that she's sending you signals. Sure you could act instinctively but you risk massively awkward consequences that could potentially ruin your friendship.

Don't shit where you eat.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6602|Seattle

Flirt but don't go too far. If she wants the dick, she'll let you know in her own special way.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina
For a minute there, I thought this was another thread about Berlusconi and that model.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California

loubot wrote:

Women are more "open" to casual sex when they travel away from home. Go for it. The Out-of-Country rule will exhonorate you once both parties come back to the U.S.
That's exactly what I don't want. I want a more serious lasting relationship.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6651
Seems like if she like liked you, you would have known by now. Most people are incredibly superficial and base feelings entirely on looks rather than personal connection.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Seems like if she like liked you, you would have known by now. Most people are incredibly superficial and base feelings entirely on looks rather than personal connection.
She isn't like that though. She bases a lot less on looks than personality and personal connection. I know this because I've been there for every relationship shes been in since her first.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

When you go to other countries and you're single your supposed to try to bang the natives.

Macbeth wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

BN wrote:

^^^Save yourself the trouble and go for one of the girls you meet while there and get off on one of them. You don't want to waste your whole damn trip lusting over a girl from your city when you have a whole selection of women that you will never have to deal with their shit ever again and when you come back the same woman from your trip will be right back with you in your city.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721
it may sound weird... but... be cool to her in Italy but try and meet other girls while you are out and see how she acts... 
    if you are cool with telling her how you feel.... and understand that things may be strange with you and her if she just wants to be friends...?  Then go for it...     I am not sure how old you are but if it doesn't work out... 5 years from now you will hardly remember her... if it does workout...in 5 years you might be married to her...   good luck
Love is the answer
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6348|California
Cough cough...

xBlackPantherx wrote:

That's exactly what I don't want. I want a more serious lasting relationship.

xBlackPantherx wrote:

During Italy? Romantic, but no - it will end up feeling like a vacation fling and nothing more. Afterwards, probably most likely if I were too. A few weeks after when she gets back from her extended stay in EU.
As I stated before, I don't just want someone to bang. Be real, that isn't exactly hard to come by between other friends.

Catbox - I met her when she first came into highschool (2 years younger). Now we are both in college. Both music majors. I'm in my 4th year, she her 2nd. We are still great friends with very close lives, we will still be friends in 5 or more. Thanks for the advice though. One friend of mine that's going on the trip mentioned something as well that might be good. Although I don't just want it to be a vacation fling, Italy and the places we'll be at will be very romantic and picturesque to say the least - so maybe we can just talk about these kind of things there.

Macbeth - I don't know what kind of girls you hang out with, but I don't usually "have to deal with their shit ever". The point isn't really about having a thing with her over the trip. That's exactly what I don't want; just a vacation fling.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

you are awfully demanding.  compromise is your friend.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard