xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California
So, Part I, I'm going to Italy in a few weeks:

What is some good advice for when I go?
What is some not outrageously priced things but awesome and unique things I could buy/get/use there?
Things to do?
General things or advice or thoughts?

I'm going for business/leisure. 11 days. 5 hotels. 5 cities.

Part II is in D&ST

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-06-11 21:39:12)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
When I went pretty much nothing was 'outrageously priced'.

Depends what you want to see. St Peters is a must, that place is just fucking amazing, Also Rome (and surrounding areas) has some amazing ancient history sites from the Colosseum, Spanish steps, Nero's palace, the Christian catacombs, Adriannas Villa, pantheon and much more.

If you go south to the Naples area get to Pompeii/Herculaneum, Mt Vesuvius and check out the Grotto Azurra on the island of Capri.

From my limited traveling Italy is by far the most interesting Country I have visited so far, there is so much in the way of history and culture you should never bored.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

DrunkFace wrote:

When I went pretty much nothing was 'outrageously priced'.

Depends what you want to see. St Peters is a must, that place is just fucking amazing, Also Rome (and surrounding areas) has some amazing ancient history sites from the Colosseum, Spanish steps, Nero's palace, the Christian catacombs, Adriannas Villa, pantheon and much more.

If you go south to the Naples area get to Pompeii/Herculaneum, Mt Vesuvius and check out the Grotto Azurra on the island of Capri.

From my limited traveling Italy is by far the most interesting Country I have visited so far, there is so much in the way of history and culture you should never bored.
Thanks. My only regret is that it's not longer. There's just so much to see. I'm going to be in Venice, Padova, Cremona, Florence, Montacatini, Luca, Pisa, Siena, Assisi and Rome. That help?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
Arrange a visit to the Ferrari factory in maranello. Amazing stuff. Make sure to check the museum out too.

Its on the way of Venice to florence, just out of the autostrade. Consult a map.

Last edited by Metal-Eater-GR (2009-06-12 06:54:16)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6331|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
giolitti's gelateria in Rome

Holy Heaven On Earth
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

xBlackPantherx wrote:

My only regret is that it's not longer. There's just so much to see. I'm going to be in Venice, Padova, Cremona, Florence, Montacatini, Luca, Pisa, Siena, Assisi and Rome. That help?
Italy is a great place for holidays. Enjoy!

Pisa is a bit crap though tbh. Only thing there is the leaning tower, rest of the town isn't very interesting. Lots of the lakes are nice too if you get a chance to see them.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6298|Londawn
I've been to Italy once, only to Rome a couple of years ago. Honestly you could spend days in the city and just take in the sites, we did a foot-tour of some of the cities sites - normally I get bored on these sorts of things but this was really interesting, the tour guide made it ace. If you have the extra cash I would definately suggest doing this.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
Rome-Firenze-Lucca (Trust me you will love this tiny town)-Venezia and then for a very nie beach go to Sardegna, Costa Smeralda.
The most beautiful beach and sea in Italy.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5899|NY/CT
just dont wear any jewelry out in the open and you'll be fine
and if anyone asks you for change for a bill just say you dont have it
watch out for groups of kids too lol
have fun
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California
My brother who went a few months ago mentioned you have to dress a bit classier. I just mean the standards for street clothes are a little differet.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

xBlackPantherx wrote:

My brother who went a few months ago mentioned you have to dress a bit classier. I just mean the standards for street clothes are a little differet.
Yep.
Italians care more about the brand you wear so you will see lots of people going around with T-shirts with just the brand name written in big letters: Armani, D&G etc. I think its gay, but well...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard