ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

FatherTed wrote:

mcjagdflieger wrote:

I would surmise they might be pocketing some of it, although im not a doctor.
and using it on what?

they're not a corparation.
Personal enrichment.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

ATG wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

mcjagdflieger wrote:

I would surmise they might be pocketing some of it, although im not a doctor.
and using it on what?

Personal enrichment.
Mmm doubt that. got any sources?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

FatherTed wrote:

ATG wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and using it on what?

Personal enrichment.
Yup.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

ATG wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

ATG wrote:

Personal enrichment.
Yup.
interesting...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
BVC
+325|6696
Heaps of places around town are dishing out hygene products like they're cheap candy, people been given the flu talk etc...
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA

Pubic wrote:

Heaps of places around town are dishing out hygene products like they're cheap candy, people been given the flu talk etc...
That will help.  I'm still waiting til it migrates again and merges with the common cold virus.  And if the strain from Hong Kong that is resistant to Tamiflu merges with the common cold virus then it'll really be bad.

What's the death rate in developed/non-developed countries right now?
BVC
+325|6696

Harmor wrote:

Pubic wrote:

That will help.  I'm still waiting til it migrates again and merges with the common cold virus.  And if the strain from Hong Kong that is resistant to Tamiflu merges with the common cold virus then it'll really be bad.

What's the death rate in developed/non-developed countries right now?
We're at 3 deaths and 945 cases, from just over 4 million people.  There have been car crashes with higher fatality rates.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
If this was like the previous versions then we could have upwards of 7% death rate.  So instead of just 3 deaths in 945 it would be 66 (x22 times what you have now).

Granted, I'm not worried because I have a better chance of dying walking across the street outside my house, BUT its clear that those with weak immune systems are the most vulnerable (although completely healthy people are dying from this at an unknown rate).

In San Diego County here in California we have 265 cases and 3 deaths (1.1% death rate), but the data sample is too small.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

WienerBreath wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/un_un_swine_flu

GENEVA – The World Health Organization declared a swine flu pandemic Thursday — the first global flu epidemic in 41 years — as infections in the United States, Europe, Australia, South America and elsewhere climbed to nearly 30,000 cases.

The long-awaited pandemic announcement is scientific confirmation that a new flu virus has emerged and is quickly circling the globe. WHO will now ask drugmakers to speed up production of a swine flu vaccine. The declaration will also prompt governments to devote more money toward efforts to contain the virus.

WHO chief Dr. Margaret Chan made the announcement Thursday after the U.N. agency held an emergency meeting with flu experts. Chan said she was moving the world to phase 6 — the agency's highest alert level — which means a pandemic, or global epidemic, is under way.

"The world is moving into the early days of its first influenza pandemic in the 21st century," Chan told reporters. "The (swine flu) virus is now unstoppable."

On Thursday, WHO said 74 countries had reported 28,774 cases of swine flu, including 144 deaths. Chan described the virus as "moderate." According to WHO's pandemic criteria, a global outbreak has begun when a new flu virus begins spreading in two world regions.

The agency has stressed that most cases are mild and require no treatment, but the fear is that a rash of new infections could overwhelm hospitals and health authorities — especially in poorer countries.

Still, about half of the people who have died from swine flu were previously young and healthy — people who are not usually susceptible to flu. Swine flu is also crowding out regular flu viruses. Both features are typical of pandemic flu viruses.

The last pandemic — the Hong Kong flu of 1968 — killed about 1 million people. Ordinary flu kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people each year.
Who gives a shit? Michael Jackson died for Christ sake!!!!!!!!!!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

i could say the same for that stupid harry potter shit.  but thats why.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard