Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

RDMC wrote:

Christbane wrote:

RDMC wrote:

It certainly looks good, but why do I get this sinking feeling that this will feel like BC 2.1?
Bad co 2 with jets and more vehicles and bigger maps with better destruction sounds good to me!    I loved BF2  but I like bad co just as much or more.
Sounds horrible to me. Don't get me wrong I like the addition of jets, more vehicles and bigger maps but the feel of BC2 was just off. Felt way to console-ish.
Have you read any developer comments or listened to any interviews?

Might pay to sometime...
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
I hope going on teamkilling rampages is just as fun as it was in bf2.

Full 64 players, no admins, everyone stuck on the carrier, and C4. Those were the days.
I know fucking karate
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

justice wrote:

I hope going on teamkilling rampages is just as fun as it was in bf2.

Full 64 players, no admins, everyone stuck on the carrier, and C4. Those were the days.
Demolition 2.0
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA
Hmmm, will the Carrier be destructible?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State
I sure hope you don't spawn in destructable buildings
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

The addition of Wake makes me wonder about the carrier too, assuming you don't merely start on one side of the island.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

I hope it's at least as big and filled with objects as 1943 Wake.  But putting the two carriers across from each other would be stupid for BF3.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
That was because the devs wanted to make everything fucking symmetric
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK

UnkleRukus wrote:

I hope it won't be destructible since (assuming BF3 Wake is like BF2 Wake) you spawn on it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Jaekus wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Christbane wrote:

Bad co 2 with jets and more vehicles and bigger maps with better destruction sounds good to me!    I loved BF2  but I like bad co just as much or more.
Sounds horrible to me. Don't get me wrong I like the addition of jets, more vehicles and bigger maps but the feel of BC2 was just off. Felt way to console-ish.
Have you read any developer comments or listened to any interviews?

Might pay to sometime...
Nope and nope. They were all gitty about BC2 at the time and that turned out to be horribly shit. Yes I know that said they will lay more focus on the PC version that doesn't change the fact that I think the game will be extremely sluggish just like BC2 was. And that movie doesn't really make me think otherwise.

TravisC555 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

I hope it won't be destructible since (assuming BF3 Wake is like BF2 Wake) you spawn on it.
Maybe they'll add a gamemode in which one team defends the carrier and the other team has to destroy it. Compare it to rush in BC2 and the last thing to be destroyed will be the carrier or something like that.

Last edited by RDMC (2011-03-16 13:08:30)

War Man
Dice did say that they will make PC version of BC2 different than console version and look what they did? It pretty much was the same game with slight differences.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5038|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

Dice did say that they will make PC version of BC2 different than console version and look what they did? It pretty much was the same game with slight differences.
Weren't you bitching about the crysis 2 demo where you think there's going to be a huge difference between the PC and console games?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
War Man

UnkleRukus wrote:

War Man wrote:

Weren't you bitching about the crysis 2 demo where you think there's going to be a huge difference between the PC and console games?
I said there might be.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

TravisC555 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Worked for Battlefield 1942, but then you generally had more than one ship.
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Besides for the team being raped into oblivion I guess it's better for their spawn to be destroyed rather than endure being spawnraped for the rest of the round.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6632|New Hampshire, USA

TravisC555 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

It was destructible in 1942 and was still the main spawn.  I loved that because it added an actual purpose to the carrier rather than just a spawn
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

It was destructible in 1942 and was still the main spawn.  I loved that because it added an actual purpose to the carrier rather than just a spawn
this.

however I hope parts of the carrier are destructible.

However I honestly think that they don't give 2 shits and we'll have el indestructible carrier again.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

They should be 2142 style.  Need to go in and blow it up.  Moveable as in 2142 with defensive guns.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Ilocano wrote:

They should be 2142 style.  Need to go in and blow it up.  Moveable as in 2142 with defensive guns.
That'd be cool, like a mini Iron Gator in a bigger map.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

RDMC wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

Besides for the team being raped into oblivion I guess it's better for their spawn to be destroyed rather than endure being spawnraped for the rest of the round.
This. If a team's so horrible that it's going to lose all its ships, and doesn't yet have any flags on land, it's better for the match to be over due to a lack of spawns for said wiped-out team. But a destructible carrier should be movable, even if it can only be to preset locations.
War Man
As long as actual players don't move it. I have had bad experience with 1942, fucking assholes moving it out of the map so you either die when you spawn and/or you can't fly carrier spawned aircraft without dying.

Last edited by War Man (2011-03-17 10:14:53)

jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Just calm down warman.
RDMC
+736|6566|Area 51

War Man wrote:

As long as actual players don't move it. I have had bad experience with 1942, fucking assholes moving it out of the map so you either die when you spawn and/or you can't fly carrier spawned aircraft without dying.
Sounds like fun
Trotskygrad
бля
no player controlled carriers sound like a lot of fun... just have a votekick feature
War Man

jord wrote:

Just calm down warman.
I'm perfectly calm, you'd know how pissed I'd be otherwise.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard