-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

JohnG@lt wrote:

"Black Hawk Down" wasnt just a fancy movie based on fiction.
Can I just say that I hate the way they portrayed the Black Hawks being shot down?

I listened to some interviews and the veterans said they had hundreds of RPGs shot at them until one of them got lucky. However, in Black Hawk Down they show a Black Hawk nearly hovering like an idiot with Chuck Norris on an RPG that doesn't miss.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Can I just say that I hate the way they portrayed the Black Hawks being shot down?

I listened to some interviews and the veterans said they had hundreds of RPGs shot at them until one of them got lucky. However, in Black Hawk Down they show a Black Hawk nearly hovering like an idiot with Chuck Norris on an RPG that doesn't miss.
Fuck off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Simple question.  Anyone here with a high BF2 aircraft k/d ratio.  Who has never teamkilled for said aircraft, raise your hands.  Anyone, anyone?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
I never have, but I wouldnt consider myself a vehicle whore per se
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Adams_BJ wrote:

I never have, but I wouldnt consider myself a vehicle whore per se
My point is that, some players are willing to kill team mates so they can take what will obviously give them a significant advantage over someone else.  And they don't want anyone else to have that same significant advantage.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

Ilocano wrote:

Simple question.  Anyone here with a high BF2 aircraft k/d ratio.  Who has never teamkilled for said aircraft, raise your hands.  Anyone, anyone?
no fucking way i'm going to risk getting raped because some idiot wants to test the jets out. the servers i liked to play on usually has a low amount of admins which usually meant that there were no rules on almost everything, including baseraping. any idiot can rape the carrier/air strip and i don't feel like waiting a whole round because it's not "moral" to shoot a teammate for a aircraft.

so to answer your question in short: not me.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2011-03-10 18:25:21)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

JohnG@lt wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Fuck off.
That was uncalled for. It certainly doesn't improve your character either.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-03-10 18:24:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Ilocano wrote:

I teamkill for aircraft only if it's common practice in a particular server. Otherwise, I'll just go grab a vehicle.

coke wrote:

When you say, "Hind" I'm guessing you mean the Havoc right?
So all that and that's all you've got to comment on? You know what helicopter I meant, pace.

Buckiller wrote:

APC had great rear/side guns (though limited range of vision), just the same as the other .50 cals. Just the sound was different.
You think so? I've gotten FAR more hits than kills with them.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
I can handle myself in a jet. Or could more-so back in the day.

I'd never TK for a vehicle.

Running them over on the runway doesn't count.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

FFLink wrote:

I can handle myself in a jet. Or could more-so back in the day.

I'd never TK for a vehicle.

Running them over on the runway doesn't count.
The assholes that try to get you kicked from the server. I really would of liked if bf2 had more friendly fire off servers at the time. Too many pricks tk you or try to kick you by you tking them.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland
I used to love the servers with no friendly fire, towards the end of my gaming time with bf2

Pave the runway and see the bodies go flying into the surrounding ocean. Couldn't stop laughing at that

EDIT: In terms of input about bf3, it does actually look insane. Gonna upgrade before it comes out though, I remember waiting so long to "verify client data" when bf2 came out. Cannot wait for the multiplayer action, see if they can surpass bf2 on that front.

I know that BFBC2 wasn't anything to do with the original bf series, but if it's anything like it... I can expect it'll be a flop. BC2 is silly....

Last edited by Airwolf (2011-03-11 01:42:14)

baggs
+732|6206

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Fuck off.
Don't you ever question JohnG@lt's character, he is a well respected and intellectual member of the forum.

His contribution to D&ST and his knowledge of trading stocks and shares, let alone his understanding of the creation we only know as 'female', is enough to say that JohnG@lt is the most important and valuable member Bf2s has ever had the fortune to attract.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

^^ I thought that was ATG, but somehow we lost that one
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6206

Varegg wrote:

^^ I thought that was ATG, but somehow we lost that one
Don't you ever question <insert forum member name here> character, he is a well respected and intellectual member of the forum.

His contribution to D&ST and his knowledge of trading stocks and shares, let alone his understanding of the creation we only know as 'female', is enough to say that <insert forum member name here> is the most important and valuable member Bf2s has ever had the fortune to attract.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

baggs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Fuck off.
Don't you ever question JohnG@lt's character, he is a well respected and intellectual member of the forum.

His contribution to D&ST and his knowledge of trading stocks and shares, let alone his understanding of the creation we only know as 'female', is enough to say that JohnG@lt is the most important and valuable member Bf2s has ever had the fortune to attract.
so much hate and yet I don't think I've ever said a single word to you. You're a strange one baggs.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Buckiller
+3|4806

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Buckiller wrote:

APC had great rear/side guns (though limited range of vision), just the same as the other .50 cals. Just the sound was different.
I do. The poor range of vision was sad (though if you were the only passenger you could keep changing seats to get better angles) and more often than not you had to track targets while the APC was moving, very hard. But I do think it is as powerful as the other 50s and it was actually an amazing way to support the APC while capping a flag, the other team keeps spawning and rushing toward the APC and you just mow them down.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

baggs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Fuck off.

Fuck off was quite mature and intellectual of him.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

Buckiller wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Buckiller wrote:

I do. The poor range of vision was sad (though if you were the only passenger you could keep changing seats to get better angles) and more often than not you had to track targets while the APC was moving, very hard. But I do think it is as powerful as the other 50s and it was actually an amazing way to support the APC while capping a flag, the other team keeps spawning and rushing toward the APC and you just mow them down.
plus the turret joke was hilarious... turn the turret say right, then man the left turret and mow down the specops expecting easy C4 sandvich
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Hopefully the hit detection in BF3 isn't as shitty as BF2.
Trotskygrad
бля

Roc18 wrote:

yeah that too

although BC2 appears to have *slightly* improved hit detection? correct me if I'm wrong.
Buckiller
+3|4806

Roc18 wrote:

Haven't played BF2 in a while... the only gripe I had with hit detection was TV missiles (air to air mainly) and maybe sniping. Did it get worse with 1.5? I usually played on low ping servers also....
Trotskygrad
бля

Buckiller wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Haven't played BF2 in a while... the only gripe I had with hit detection was TV missiles (air to air mainly) and maybe sniping. Did it get worse with 1.5? I usually played on low ping servers also....

I remember playing a lot back in the day and getting those times where you would get the effect (sand spewin out) but no actual hit marker, or damage done.

I actually was able to replicate it with a friend in a LAN server...

but that was in 1.41, haven't played enough 1.5 to speak of the hitreg in 1.5
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Buckiller wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Use the m16 and you'll see how bad it is. at close, mid, long range, single shot or burst it's very inaccurate. I can't play infantry unless im using a select few guns like the G36E or the AK-47 at close range.

BC2 has great hit detection I hope they keep it like that.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-03-11 08:31:52)

Trotskygrad
бля

Roc18 wrote:

BC2 has great hit detection I hope they keep it like that.
except with the uber-glitchy knife

they like made it unable to backstab, only able to facestab

what the fuck

(probably patched by know, it's just I remember back when you COULD NOT backstab for shit, you had to knife them from the side.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard