Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Its only fun with friends now. I wish the Xbox version had 4 player split screen. Or at least system link capabilities. Then me and my friends could play without needing our own TV and xboxes in the same room.
so long as you say so, i guess that confirms it. so wait, wise judge, is bf3 "a good game", or is it "only fun with friends"?

lol shut up

You bitch at me for playing metro 24/7 yet you whored Karkand on BF2 which is arguably worse.

http://bf2s.com/player/69673226/

>248 hours of Karkand.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
That explains the mass amount of landmines that I swear I avoid.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Its only fun with friends now. I wish the Xbox version had 4 player split screen. Or at least system link capabilities. Then me and my friends could play without needing our own TV and xboxes in the same room.
so long as you say so, i guess that confirms it. so wait, wise judge, is bf3 "a good game", or is it "only fun with friends"?

lol shut up

You bitch at me for playing metro 24/7 yet you whored Karkand on BF2 which is arguably worse.

http://bf2s.com/player/69673226/

>248 hours of Karkand.
lol yeah bf3 metro is really comparable to karkand. bf3's gameplay is really alike bf2's. karkand was just a long tunnel with spam guns, amirite?

whenever i played pub/non-comp, i mostly played city only servers. why? because after the first 500 hours, camping vehicles and playing massive empty maps got boring. the gameplay itself still had a skillcurve, though.

a better comparison for bf3's metro would be this cod4 map:

thanks for checking out my 5 year old stats though. it must suck to see i was better than you at bf2. btw fucking lol at your 'alt' account:

http://bf2s.com/player/356015254/

hahahahahaha. people create new accounts to get insane stats and show off how good they are, after learning the game. you created an alt account in the style of ig and had shittier stats than most weekend casuals. you really suck at life. cool that it was 95% spent on karkand servers, too.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-25 11:21:40)

Roc18
`
lol u think I care about how good you are in relation to me? My point is that you aren't above anyone else in terms of stats whoring. Get off your high horse.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

lol wtf
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Roc18 wrote:

lol u think I care about how good you are in relation to me? My point is that you aren't above anyone else in terms of stats whoring. Get off your high horse.
lol 'stats whoring'. playing city only is hardly stats whoring. bf3 was an entirely different matter. so many joke weapons and maps. metro in the early days, you could run around with the one-shot shotgun or infra-red scope and rape in 100's of kills, every single round. playing 32/64 man karkand servers was not the same thing. the whole point of metro was that it was a console designed/size map with PC player capacity. it was a total clusterfuck (like the above call of duty video). compare the SPM on bf3 metro and 64-man karkand. compare the weapons and techniques of bf2 to bf3. the closest karkand gets to metro levels of whoring is playing support on the first Hotel point. lol yeah that was really me. you are a bigger idiot than i thought.
Roc18
`
Apples and Oranges. Both maps were tailored for inflating stats.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
no. no map was ever designed or 'tailored' for inflating stats. city maps in bf2 were just more dense and involved quicker play. you could get just as many points/spm by vehicle whoring on the big maps, which were more suited to that style of play. bf3 however, and metro, was fundamentally flawed. you had 64 players on a map that was not designed for that many players. no 'playstyle' difference between bf2's city-infantry and big-vehicles. it was just broken. too many people in too small a place. add to that a bunch of gimmick weapons and features that let you wrack up kills faster than you could even whore resupply points in bf2, and you have a massive stat-gain. the SPM in karkand wasn't really that much greater than people who chose to spend all their time in helis/planes on wake. or even just hopping from point to point in a jeep on wake. metro was insane. it was a clusterfuck.

plus, not to mention i accused you of stat-whoring because you were purposefully playing metro to get your stupid medals with every gun or something. 'leveling guns'. you used to specifically talk about that. bf2 didn't even have gun medals. nobody played karkand specifically to 'gain levels'. the playstyle and incentives were entirely different. you are a moron.

Roc18 wrote:

Apples and Oranges. Both maps were tailored for inflating stats.
i did it for the stats, huhhuhuh

where are your stats anyway? who dat peekin in my ol' stats    ahhhhhhah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ymlIqSwmDc

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2013-03-25 12:35:42)

Roc18
`
People didn't play Karkand to gain levels? Are you stupid? That was the number one reason to play that map, fast points and action.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
city rotation servers were the same as rifle only servers in call of duty 1/2. they sustained their own community. many people preferred infantry only city maps because a) they were fast, b) squad-play mattered and c) it was basically the closest you could get to the competitive scene (my true interest) in a public server. 64-man karkand was an open map. it was fun to play. along with some maps like carentan and badlands, it's a 'classic' of design; it works really well. people didn't 'only' play karkand to whore points. people 'only' played metro to whore points, because it was cramped and terrible. karkand, warlord, mash, sharqi etc. were all genuinely good maps. city play's SPM wasn't ridiculously higher than vehicle play. it wasn't a league of its own when it came to level-gaining.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

i play metro from time to time because it is simple and fast paced.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
24/7 64-man metro servers are there for only one reason. 24/7 64-man karkand servers sustained really good team-play, and had a pretty varied purpose. the SPM on 64-man karkand really was not that high: the game-style involved lots of running around and back-and-forth capping, backcapping, chokepoints etc. 64-man metro is pretty much only there to spawn, get a few kills, and die 30 seconds later. rinse-repeat until you have about 120 kills in 15 minutes. it's stupid. one map had air to breathe, and a wide variety; the other was a series of long corridors and grenade spam halls. i really don't see the comparison, beyond the fact that both were played on a lot of servers.
Roc18
`
32 player metro is decent.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
lol go dig up your posts about levelling stupid gun medals. you were not playing 32 player metro.

iirc most of my 'karkand' time in pubs was spent on my clan-server, which ran a 32-man cap on a 64-map size. hardly a spamfest. oh and it was all city map rotations, too.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-25 13:03:07)

thepilot91
+64|6237|Åland!
I can't believe roc is calling pleople stupid
Roc18
`
I played 1000 ticket 32 man metro on a regular basis with ig and a few other people on VoIP. And I seem to remember challenging you 1v1 and you running away.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
hahahahahahahahahaha

lol u think I care about how good you are in relation to me?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-25 13:13:20)

Roc18
`
I don't care, wanting to 1v1 you for fun doesn't mean anything.
metro is awesome. that is all.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
Nope
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
roc i'm up for a 1v1 in any game. the best 1v1 fps game is surely quake live duel. want to go?
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

roc i'm up for a 1v1 in any game. the best 1v1 fps game is surely quake live duel. want to go?
1v1
Metro
Support Kit
Grenades only

Thats how the real pros play scrims.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
the only complaints about karkand that i could take seriously were about the 64-man infantry-only, friendly-fire off servers. i always thought that the moaners were either self-righteous, wannabe pr0s, idiots who couldn't play right, or a combination of the three.

it was the perfect map for infantry gameplay. fast-paced, close but spacious enough to separate yourself from idiots, avoid gernades/claymores, flank the other team, spread out the fights, and draw out the game.

it is nothing like metro. metro has 3 choke-points and 3 flags; forcing people to play in this crammed space with ridiculously overpowered weapons.
thepilot91
+64|6237|Åland!
Rofl metro has made you even more rotten by the years

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard