FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

11 Bravo wrote:

making planes land to rearm would be a good start
Would be a nice way to ruin it imo

Macbeth wrote:

An equal amount of city maps and air maps. I don't like air maps. I love black hawk down esque gameplay.
City maps with destruction 2.0 is horrid.. just look at coldwar in BC2... eek..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-23 10:20:45)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

FloppY_ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Would be a nice way to ruin it imo'
how so?  oh you mean balance it?  ya.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

11 Bravo wrote:

/agree. Pilots would lose the non-stop bombing circle, like that on wake island.
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

/agree. Pilots would lose the non-stop bombing circle, like that on wake island.
The only way to balance that would be to make bases no-go zones for all enemies
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

or count on Mr. sniper camper to fend off enemies attacking. they're actually decent at that
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

or count on Mr. sniper camper to fend off enemies attacking. they're actually decent at that
I wouldn't want to trust some of the worst players with keeping our jets in the air tbh... nor encourage basecamping for any reason...
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Floppy you have no idea what makes a good game. Your input in these bf3 is pretty much always completely and utterly WRONG.

Yeah lets all run rround with a ak47/m16 wanking each other off on a city map, and if you camp for more than 5 seconds some 14 year old spaz admin suicides you. Oh and if your peice of shit team starts to get pushed back it's okay because the enemy can't kill you in your base because it's a fucking no go area.

Just stop, it's getting tiresome.
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I wouldn't want to trust some of the worst players with keeping our jets in the air tbh... nor encourage basecamping for any reason...
tbh defense =/= camping...

make defense actually fun/practical to play (permanent UAV/radar over base that can be jammed/destroyed by specops and repaired? sounds good) and more people will do it.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
bad players don't get to balance games

unfortunately nobody realizes this
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
11 Bravo
Banned

Lucien wrote:

lol

karkand

medic

airplane

lol
Trotskygrad
бля

Lucien wrote:

see thing is make it possible for 1 good player to defend a point and get a good score doing it, and people will do it. The trick is to provide the gameplay mechanics to make that possible.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

11 Bravo wrote:

That's one of the reasons why I play PR.
FloppY_
­

jord wrote:

Floppy you have no idea what makes a good game. Your input in these bf3 is pretty much always completely and utterly WRONG.

Yeah lets all run rround with a ak47/m16 wanking each other off on a city map, and if you camp for more than 5 seconds some 14 year old spaz admin suicides you. Oh and if your peice of shit team starts to get pushed back it's okay because the enemy can't kill you in your base because it's a fucking no go area.

Just stop, it's getting tiresome.
Hahaha Stop pulling shit out your arse.. I have never made such claims
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
The trick is to make defending interesting and entertaining.

Everyone hates it here but it's a good example, defending on PR was fantastic. I've had some of my best gaming times setting up ambushes on Al basrah, organising daisy chains, .50 cals, AT guys. People play for entertaining, so make it entertaining.
11 Bravo
Banned
i always set up ambushes
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
So much speculation, so little time.

I'll wait until some really concrete info comes out (GDC) and more gameplay videos are released (E3) before I start to judge.
FloppY_
­

jord wrote:

Everyone hates it here but it's a good example, defending on PR was fantastic. I've had some of my best gaming times setting up ambushes on Al basrah, organising daisy chains, .50 cals, AT guys. People play for entertaining, so make it entertaining.
Yeh but different people are entertained by different things..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-02-23 10:50:48)

CC-Marley
+407|6830

jord wrote:

Love ambushing on Kokan.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Lucien wrote:

They've balanced every single game I've ever played via incessant forum whining.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jord wrote:

I always preferred defending in BC2. Less running
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Quake 3 was made in co-operation with the best Q2 players

and Q3 turned out shit and sold nothing
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

why did I even spend time refuting floppy's claim...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Trotskygrad wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

why did I even spend time refuting floppy's claim...
You enjoy wasting your time?
-Frederick Bastiat
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

That's because if you move in BC2, you die.

All it takes is one guy to put an orange triangle above your head
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Lucien wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

That's because if you move in BC2, you die.

All it takes is one guy to put an orange triangle above your head
Oh, I forgot, you're the guy that played the game for a few hours and threw it in the trash. Makes you an expert amirite?

The spotting stuff was never an issue. It only lasted for a second or two and went away completely if you went out of LOS. BF2 UAVs and/or actively spotting commanders were a million times more hazardous to your health.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard