Roc18
`
+655|5840|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

gurdeep wrote:

Vinay:
Thank you for the information.
Vinay:
Please allow me some time to refund your order.
Vinay:
Thank you for your time and patience.
Vinay:
I have refunded your order.
Vinay:
Refund number xxxxx has been created for this transaction in the amount of $74.98

gg
>dat Vinay
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5018|Dundee, Scotland.

gurdeep wrote:

Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Refund number xxxxx has been created for this transaction in the amount of $74.98

gg
You sent the game back??
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4804|proll­y
im pretty surprised they actually refunded me lol
Roc18
`
looks like it lmao
gurdeep
­
+812|4804|proll­y

Camm wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:

gg
You sent the game back??
i bought/downloaded it from origin
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6438|New York
Let's play gurdeep, gogogogogogogogogo
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6739|Tampa Bay Florida

Uzique wrote:

i didn't even play that generation of console game (early xbox360) ...
I didn't own a current-gen console until CoD3 came out a year later, but I remember all the main websites were saying stuff like "Halo competitor" and "sleeper hit" (while conveniently forgetting to mention its PC exclusive predecessor).  I honestly didn't care, all I knew was that it felt "consolized" and had totally desaturated colors and most importantly the gameplay sucked.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5018|Dundee, Scotland.

gurdeep wrote:

Camm wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:
Vinay:

gg
You sent the game back??
Y u get refund?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5748

Spark wrote:

=0_0= wrote:

The infantry gameplay is bad. The maps are terrible. Jets are complete shit. They even have "perks" and a hardcore mode, how much more can it scream out cod.
Movements are slow and clunky, the whole thing is too slow and wannabe realistic.

Snipers are completely useless, scope sway sucks, scope glare sucks, the bullets fire like magic bean bags with ridiculous bullet drop, and you stand out like a sore thumb to everyone with a giant orange marker painted on you. 1v1 sniping at range is hilarious, you can just strafe their bullet it's just a giant glowing ball going 2mph.

Spotting is bad, it's too laggy and you can't spot unless you're right on the pixel, and what's with the heavy indian accent?

The minimap is useless, and it randomly zooms in all the time.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see shit on this game either. I've turned the brightness right down on my monitor to reduce the glare, and it's still so bad that I was literally running directly towards someone in the middle of the road about 5m away, and couldn't see him.

I don't see why they've gone for the realism thing, I think BF2 had the right mix. Jets and helis don't bounce off the ground in real life, players also don't spawn in real life. I come straight from BF2 skipping the BC games, I was just expecting it to be much better, it feels like I'm playing Quake with ARMA controls.

There's no learning curve to this game, apart from learning the maps. Dogfights in jets are plain boring and annoying with the inability to see anything, and IO combat... I might as well play call of duty as it's probably better in that department.

Edit- no doubt I'll still play the game though
ok that's just you.
no he is pretty spot on about everything.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6520
cause bf3 blows
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
gurdeep
­
+812|4804|proll­y

Camm wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

Camm wrote:

You sent the game back??
Y u get refund?
because its shit and id rather play fifa/tiger/bf2
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6739|Tampa Bay Florida
We all know it, although some of us are desperate to deny it

I never thought I'd be so hurt over a video game.  I guess that's what 6 years of waiting and 7 months of insane hype does to people.
Roc18
`
Anyone use the interpolation slider? What setting do you have it on?
jord
+2,382|6728|The North, beyond the wall.

Spearhead wrote:

We all know it, although some of us are desperate to deny it

I never thought I'd be so hurt over a video game.  I guess that's what 6 years of waiting and 7 months of insane hype does to people.
I'm glad. If this game was the quality of bf2 I would have zero social life for the next few years. I just couldn't wait to play bf2, I'd get up early on weekend to play it and go to bed at 3AM after mustering the strength to exit game and shut down. I've spent a lot of time on bf3 in relation to how long it's been out, but my playtime woulda been 150% of that if it was genuinely a great game on par with bf2.

Shame, but there's a silver lining. At least for me, anyway.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6431|the land of bourbon
agree with jord.  this game falls severely short of a bf2 sequel.  no teamwork, cod clone.  i don't see why they eliminated the things that made bf2 great.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Roc18
`
It's a great game that isn't using all of it's potential; Back to Karkand brought out some of its potential. I made a post a while back about it.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-16 10:55:34)

steelie34
pub hero!
great might be pushing it.  it's fun, but i dont think it will hold the big audience as long as bf2 did.  everyone shit on how bad bc2 was and how they couldnt wait for bf3, and honestly they're still waiting.
jord
+2,382|6728|The North, beyond the wall.

steelie34 wrote:

agree with jord.  this game falls severely short of a bf2 sequel.  no teamwork, cod clone.  i don't see why they eliminated the things that made bf2 great.
£$£
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6681|949

There's some weird draw this game has on me though. It's as if I know it sucks but for some reason I keep going back in the off chance the game has changed drastically since the last time I played.
gurdeep
­
+812|4804|proll­y

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There's some weird draw this game has on me though. It's as if I know it sucks but for some reason I keep going back in the off chance the game has changed drastically since the last time I played.
lol, gl

i probably should have given it a little more of a chance but meh
Roc18
`

steelie34 wrote:

great might be pushing it.  it's fun, but i dont think it will hold the big audience as long as bf2 did.  everyone shit on how bad bc2 was and how they couldnt wait for bf3, and honestly they're still waiting.
heres the quote

Roc18 wrote:

The thing I like most about BF2 is that it didnt appeal to noobs like Bad Company and Now Battlefield 3 is doing with this instant gratification shit with all these ranks/unlocks/assignments, 3d spotting, regerating health, AND vehicles,cramped maps etc. I wish they stuck with the formula of BF2 and didn't bend it towards appealing console players. But that's life all good things either change or come to an end. I look at Battlefield 3 not as a sequel but as a completely different type of game that I can still have fun with
Honestly what they should have done was call it Bad Company 3 lol. Bad Company 2 was meh, I only have about 80 hours on it after a year of playing.

Battlefield 3 is fun but it isn't using all of it's potential.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-16 11:03:13)

steelie34
pub hero!
i have never seen so many transport vehicles being driven off with one occupant in my life.

i'm sure we all agree this isn't the sequel we hoped for... i'm just disappointed they are going to this short term/large profit mode instead of a quality game that lasts years.  bf2 wasn't perfect, but it was damn close.

Last edited by steelie34 (2011-12-16 11:05:37)

Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lol, gl

i probably should have given it a little more of a chance but meh
30 minutes is better than most lol, some people haven't even bought it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6704

Battlefield 3 is a large-scale CoD MW. CoD MW is a small-scale game and fundamentally does not work well as a large-scale game. Battlefield 3 is fundamentally flawed and no amount of map packs and new weapons will fix it.
steelie34
pub hero!
the weapon system is sort of a joke.  variety is good and all, but what the fuck am i going to do with a 7x scope on my mp7?  or hey, how bout a flashlight on my svd, yeah, thats what i want

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard