­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
This is how the round I just played on the 360 played out

1. Faggot ass pilot doesnt let me take off 2 times
2. Shoots me down everytime cause he knows exactly when I will spawn in the jet and fly off

How the FUCK did Dice not see this bullshit coming?  At least give jets like a 15 second spawn immunity or something
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

floppy, you probably have more posts than most of us in here and you don't even own the game.  Why do you bother?
FloppY_
­
over half the talk is going on in the BF3 related threads... and I don't post unless its something concerning the series in general or other stuff..
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

you've already expressed that you aren't going to order it...it confuses me why you would still spend so much time addressing a game you won't buy
FloppY_
­

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

you've already expressed that you aren't going to order it...it confuses me why you would still spend so much time addressing a game you won't buy
I'd love to buy the game, I just don't want Origin.

What is your problem anyway Ken? You never do anything but focus that negative attitude on me every time you log in...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6631|Little Bentcock
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo … 3758488/2/

OK, being a 3 time war vet myself, 2 Iraq, 1 Afghanastan, i can say this is not exactly realistic. BUT getting a perfectly realistic game is impossible. So i put that aside.

The problem with this game, and its biggest as far as veteran BF players are concerned is that they tried to copy too much from the MW series. Why you may ask. Well its well known that the MW series has been the top selling for many years. You may say, but its an inferior product in both graphics and skill level required. And thats exactly the point. The lower graphics requirements in the average MW game allows players that are either too poor, or too cheap to buy/make a decent rig the ability to play the game without much trouble. Likewise the lower amount of skill required to actually play MW series allows even the casual gamer to feel as though they are the greatest war hero since WWII. This makes all the 12 year olds that play MW all day feel special. This is why they have their parents buy the game. Then we have all the "adults" who play it but are really not that great at FPS's to play and feel they as well are special.

The battlefield series has done well for itself in the past as for sales, despite not being the top selling FPS series. It sold very well in the past because it seemed custom tailored to players that enjoy a more realistic and challenging game. Last time i saw a war, being 3 months ago, i didnt see 15 snipers run by with magical thermal scopes that could see through a brick wall. I also didnt see any magical devices called a heartbeat sensor attached to my M4 either. Not to mention the unrealistic weapons in the MW series. Its not very tactical to run around with two single shot short-barrel shot guns, or realistic for that matter. Not to mention that apparently anyone could call in choppers to provide air support, or call in a UAV, or any of that. Last i checked, if i just called up my UAV platoon and called for a random UAV, it would take a bit longer than 2 seconds for it to get on site, and without proper approval, i wouldnt get it. But i can look past the UAV.

overall the battlefield series used to be a more challenging game, or more advanced players.....mostly and unfortunatly it has turned into a re-skin of a MW game.

Another reason veteran battlefield players hate this game seems to be a lack of support. We are used to posting in a forum asking for help and getting it. Then again before BC2 we never had issues like this. I understand it takes time to fix issues, especially when not everyone is having the issue. I can look past it taking time to fix things. But when you hear nothing at all, thats when it becomes painful.

I hate to say it, But most of us looked past the failed launch in BC2. We waited and played when things were fixed. We who already have the game will do the same. BUT if one of our friends asks if they should buy the game, we will most likely say, wait at least 3 months if buy it at all. Will we buy the next battlefield release on its release date? NO. will be buy it at all? maybe not.

Lets look at a little unrelated history. Red Faction. Most of us know this game. The first one was great, the second even better....then it took a turn for the worse. Their debut PS3 release had good sales, but unfortunatly almost equal sells to gamestop. Their newest release was just an average game and the news spread like wildfire so it sold somewhat poorly. They then revieved such a massive response from the public that they would not buy another game if released no matter how good it seemed, they cancelled the Red Faction series and scrapped the already in progress plans for the next installment and re-directed the programming company to another project. They cut their losses while they were ahead. DICE will not. they will make another one after this, and it will fail very hard putting a large black mark in the series history possibly getting it killed off directly.

Now of course the example and possible scenerio for DICE "could" happen. However if they quickly get their act together, fix their customer support issues, which there are many of, and properly inform the public of whats going on, and actually fix the issues present since the beta, then the battlefield series, just might survive. The ball is in their court. Now its time for them to decide whats most important to them. Epic sales by mirroring MW, but failing to make a product as good as MW and killing off their battlefield devoted fan base, or keeping to their core of battlefield, keeping the already impressive fan base they have, and maybe not making the top selling game, but still making alot of money.

And the moral of the story is this, just because it sells the most, does not mean it is the best. The population is becoming dumb and likes things simple and easy. Its like windows, just because its the biggest, does not mean its the best. It just means that people like things simple, which windows IS the simplest to use, despite its numerous flaws.
DICE/EA should hire this guy, he knows what's going on.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What is your problem anyway Ken? You never do anything but focus that negative attitude on me every time you log in...
you seriously won't buy an entire game because of origin? floppy you are the worst person i know.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
tuckergustav
+1,590|5922|...

Spearhead wrote:

This is how the round I just played on the 360 played out

1. Faggot ass pilot doesnt let me take off 2 times
2. Shoots me down everytime cause he knows exactly when I will spawn in the jet and fly off

How the FUCK did Dice not see this bullshit coming?  At least give jets like a 15 second spawn immunity or something
That kinda thing happened in bf2 all the time too.  Need anti-air to take out their air presence.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Spearhead wrote:

I just played on the 360

1. Faggot ass pilot
Would never have known you played on the 360 from the language you use towards team mates.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Adams_BJ

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Just get it, jesus christ origin isn't even that bad.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

FloppY_ wrote:

ffs. It is about as significant as EA downloader - that is not significant at all.
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

you seriously won't buy an entire game because of origin? floppy you are the worst person i know.
Feeling is mutual Uzi
Adams_BJ

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Feeling is mutual Uzi
just get it. What don't you like about origin?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What's the problem? You're not paying EA a monthly fee for an Origin account. It and BF3 are a package deal. Swallow your pride, make an Origin account and forget about it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

AussieReaper wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I just played on the 360

1. Faggot ass pilot
Would never have known you played on the 360 from the language you use towards team mates.
Actually it was a faggot ass pilot on the other team who kept shooting me down the second I hopped into the jet, thanks

And why would I spend almost a grand on a new PC just for this game?

Last edited by Spearhead (2011-11-02 21:16:53)

Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
They need to nerf the rocket's explosion radius like how it was in BF2. I'm getting sick of the rocket spam.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

deadset you're bizarre.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Feeling is mutual Uzi
whilst the feeling may, greatfully, be mutual... i am the one with a life, the one who doesn't let a tiny launcher-app interfere with my daily enjoyments. you are the one pissing and moaning (and posting an awful lot) in the bf3 sub-forum like the miserable little twat that you always are. you've played the same pathetic tune for about 5 years floppy. have you not grown up at all? really? over 21 year's old and refusing to play a game because of a tiny game-manager/download application? you need to get out more.

adams - that army vet post was alright. i've been tempted to put down a few paragraphs of in-depth analysis about bf3 myself. but then you said make it a novella so since then i've been struggling to get to grips with my byronic anti-hero of a protagonist...

Last edited by Uzique (2011-11-02 21:31:21)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6676

Roc18 wrote:

They need to nerf the rocket's explosion radius like how it was in BF2. I'm getting sick of the rocket spam.
Stop standing next to walls.  The only time rocket explosion radius matters.  They are just fine.  No nerfing needed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Spearhead wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I just played on the 360

1. Faggot ass pilot
Actually it was a faggot ass pilot on the other team who kept shooting me down the second I hopped into the jet, thanks

Because the concole graphics are nerfed.

lol u mad?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Roc18
`

Ilocano wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Stop standing next to walls.  The only time rocket explosion radius matters.  They are just fine.  No nerfing needed.
It's definitely more effective in Battlefield 3, so many people rocket spam compared to other Battlefield games it's ridiculous.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6789|Great Brown North
i use the rockets to wtfpwn cover and to suppress people in alleys or deny streets.  it's what it's good for
Roc18
`
64 player operation metro is a joke. Rocket spam is insane, the amount of explosion sounds distort my audio lol.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

AussieReaper wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Because the concole graphics are nerfed.

lol u mad?
I was then I stopped playing,

L

O

L

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard