M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

k Roc, turn it around.

Venting dislike about a game is one thing, essentially claiming people are stupid because of certain suggestions pertaining to the game, i.e jets on an expanded Karkand, is called being a douche.

There's a line between hating on the game and taking it to the point where anyone who likes it is a fool, and you keep crossing it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
No, you're just being a moron. The game isn't released yet, you didn't bother playing the beta. You have no sway in any argument concerning this game. You're a terrible troll on top of that.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

M.O.A.B wrote:

k Roc, turn it around.

Venting dislike about a game is one thing, essentially claiming people are stupid because of certain suggestions pertaining to the game, i.e jets on an expanded Karkand, is called being a douche.

There's a line between hating on the game and taking it to the point where anyone who likes it is a fool, and you keep crossing it.
I wasn't calling you stupid. So your point is invalid. And venting is part of expressing opinion, if you get this buttmad over a long time battlefield fan stating their opinion on different aspects of this game in a thread that was created for that sole purpose you need to calm down.

If you want to know exactly what I was saying I was trying to make the point that Karkand is the farthest thing from an airmap and jets/helis on that map would be very unconventional. But I wouldn't oppose having jets/helis on an expanded Karkand map.
Roc18
`

UnkleRukus wrote:

No, you're just being a moron. The game isn't released yet, you didn't bother playing the beta. You have no sway in any argument concerning this game. You're a terrible troll on top of that.
"you didn't bother playing the beta"
wrong

"You have no sway in any argument concerning this game"
wrong

"You're a terrible troll on top of that"
wrong

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-14 11:25:53)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Roc18 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

k Roc, turn it around.

I wasn't calling you stupid. So your point is invalid. And venting is part of expressing opinion, if you get this buttmad over a long time battlefield fan stating their opinion on different aspects of this game in a thread that was created for that sole purpose you need to calm down.

If you want to know exactly what I was saying I was trying to make the point that Karkand is the farthest thing from an airmap and jets/helis on that map would be very unconventional. But I wouldn't oppose having jets/helis on an expanded Karkand map.
Well you see, the reason I took the 'loled' as sarcasm is because of your previous posts. The tone given off by them comes across as mostly sarcastic/hostile toward anything positive of the game, hence my interpretation and response. Bear in mind we are reading responses here, so the context can only be supposed from what has come before it.

I don't really care about people's opinions. You can love it or hate it, it makes no difference to me.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

wrong

wrong

wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

How so? It's essentially the same fucking engine. With alot of gameplay elements from BC2 brought back like 3d spotting, rush mode, destruction.
3d spotting is fixed (if you don't see the enemy you don't see the red dot), and you don't have to play rush mode.

It plays COMPLETELY different from BC2. I would know, I played the beta. Did you?
No I didn't play the beta
Roc18
`

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

wrong

wrong

wrong

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

3d spotting is fixed (if you don't see the enemy you don't see the red dot), and you don't have to play rush mode.

It plays COMPLETELY different from BC2. I would know, I played the beta. Did you?
"No I didn't play the beta "
You seriously didn't interpret that as sarcasm and that I did play the beta, with the whole + My thread asking what everyone's opinion on the beta was including my own opinions?
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

wrong

wrong

wrong

Roc18 wrote:

You seriously didn't interpret that as sarcasm and that I did play the beta, with the whole + My thread asking what everyone's opinion on the beta was including my own opinions?
Lol.

Why would you say you didn't play when you did, why are you getting so uptight about it?
Roc18
`

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Lol.

Why would you say you didn't play when you did, why are you getting so uptight about it?
"You seriously didn't interpret that as sarcasm"
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Lol.

Regardless, what is pushing you away from this game. Besides your unnecessary hatred towards change.
Roc18
`

UnkleRukus wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Lol.

Regardless, what is pushing you away from this game. Besides your unnecessary hatred towards change.
The fact that it didn't live up to what I expected it to be. I don't hate change, i've stated before what they should've done was implement BF2 onto the frostbite engine/2011 capabilities and keep all good changes like rush mode and destruction + Develop a whole slew of new maps. That would've satisfied more people than this medal of honor / Bad Company 3 spinoff.

BF3 may turn out to be a good 7/10ish type game like Medal of Honor but it's not 9 or 10/10 like what BF2 or even Bad Company 2 is.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
BF3 played completely different from BC2. Much more fluid movement.

None of us are going to be completely satisfied with BF3. We're all BF2 veterans, we know what we want, and what we want isn't going to happen.

The days of blackhawk squads, proper attack helis, tanks, apcs. Rushing the hotel on karkand, launching a laser missile at a flag with 5 guys on it.

All that is in the past.

BF3 is still going to be a lot of fun, it's giving battlefield it's freedom back. Large open maps with several capture points on it. Enough vehicles for people to enjoy. That's what BF2 was about, going into a game and doing whatever the fuck you wanted.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

how can you say what it's not goign to be without the game being released?  Beta isn't the finished product.  Hold out hope for the best!
Roc18
`

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

how can you say what it's not goign to be without the game being released?  Beta isn't the finished product.  Hold out hope for the best!
That's why I said may turn out/prolly. I doubt it will transform dramatically from what the beta and metro/caspian border offered, especially in 15 days.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-14 13:34:53)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

DICE is planning on a release day patch. Based on the bits and pieces of the changelog that have been floating around the net...I can see it being very different from the beta.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

may turn out to be a 7 but not going to be  a 9 or 10. 

That's why I skipped the beta.  To me there's no fun in playing an unfinished game.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
meh. If you don't like the game, say your piece and move on. Bitching and crying and moaning for weeks and weeks is fucked up. If BF2 is that amazing, just keep playing that.
Roc18
`

Nic wrote:

meh. If you don't like the game, say your piece and move on. Bitching and crying and moaning for weeks and weeks is fucked up. If BF2 is that amazing, just keep playing that.
I dont think so tim.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
So... bitching and moaning about games that you simply don't have the skill to play is your thing?
Roc18
`

Nic wrote:

So... bitching and moaning about games that you simply don't have the skill to play is your thing?
When you start making statements  that you interpret to be true like they're facts that's when I stop responding.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
So what is it that stops you from acting like such a bitch over a game?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

Spearhead wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

The adhd kids and the college frat boys who like to talk shit (the demographics who make them the most money) will never go for that

Video games are a business, which means the shareholders will do whatever it takes to make sure they make one penny more than the other guy

GAMERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!
I know...

It's a shame what gaming has come to...
I dont want to play a freakin simulation like AA or Operation flashpoint, I want to play a video game that is accessible but still requires brains and learning and teamwork

Unfortunately these games (like Call of Duty 1 and Battlefield) cripple under the immense corporate pressure to expand their profits instead of improving the quality of their products.  EA and the other big companies have no appreciation for what the core fanbase thinks, all they want is to become hot shit and have advertisements on TV.  And in doing so they exchange an incredibly loyal fanbase that is small in numbers and grows slowly for a mainstream and mentally challenged majority who provide the money but for all intents and purposes do not give a shit about actually having fun, they like to see shiny and flashy shit on their TV and have never experienced what we all know we are being deprived of.

Video games=philosophy
Where did I mention AA or OPF? That's right, I didn't, I referred to BF2 and BF2142. Since when is BF2/2142 a simulator?

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Just gotta say, I just played my first round of BC2 since playing the beta and movement in BF3 is nowhere near as sluggish as BC2.  Game felt terrible compared to BF3.
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

thepilot91 wrote:

https://www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/museum/games/scans/126.jpg
I still can't look at that picture without seeing the warped cheek and loling

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard