Christbane
+51|6235
don't the jets get guided a2g missiles when inf lights stuff up for them? it's better thet they are geared more twords taking out vehicles and air targets   and im sure gun runs will still kill inf so boo fucking hoo that you don't get dumb bombs to rape flags
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
The jet bombs in BF2 meant that you only needed to be able to fly for 2 minutes without crashing in order to go 30-1. They drove loads of people away from jet maps because if you couldn't get the jet, you were at the mercy of the people who did, so it ended up being that most jet maps were only fun for four people, and highly aggravating for the other 60.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
inb4 someone explains how much they enjoyed getting repeatedly blown up the second they spawned.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Aircraft won't be so much of a bane this time, what with MANPADS being available.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Christbane wrote:

don't the jets get guided a2g missiles when inf lights stuff up for them? it's better thet they are geared more twords taking out vehicles and air targets   and im sure gun runs will still kill inf so boo fucking hoo that you don't get dumb bombs to rape flags
^ this.
Hell, I wasn't even a good pilot on BF2, but even bombs were easy mode for me.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The jet bombs in BF2 meant that you only needed to be able to fly for 2 minutes without crashing in order to go 30-1. They drove loads of people away from jet maps because if you couldn't get the jet, you were at the mercy of the people who did, so it ended up being that most jet maps were only fun for four people, and highly aggravating for the other 60.

inb4 someone explains how much they enjoyed getting repeatedly blown up the second they spawned.
I really enjoyed blowing people up as soon as they spawned. That's what they get for

A) Losing airfield as china and not switching team/leaving the server afterwards.
b) not manning both essex guns and mounting a proper defence of the carrier.

that is all.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

>2011
>Thinking everyone had a tricked out joystick and could go 30-1 easily.

Bombs on jets is a part of what made Battlefield so great.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-21 12:04:43)

jord
30-1 wasnt that difficult with mouse/keyboard.

many factors though, and for once you're right roc, bombs did add to the variation in the game.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

jord wrote:

I really enjoyed blowing people up as soon as they spawned. That's what they get for

A) Losing airfield as china and not switching team/leaving the server afterwards.

that is all.
Meh even manning both essex guns was useless. As a J-10 pilot you could easily 'prefire' the essex positions way before they could lock onto you. Obviously if they saw you in time they had a good chance, but mostly that wasn't the case.

That aside, I loved bombing the carrier
jord

RDMC wrote:

jord wrote:

that is all.
Meh even manning both essex guns was useless. As a J-10 pilot you could easily 'prefire' the essex positions way before they could lock onto you. Obviously if they saw you in time they had a good chance, but mostly that wasn't the case.

That aside, I loved bombing the carrier
both essex guns and some mong that keeps spawning on the desert island with the AA there was pretty tricky. it wasnt difficult to stay alive, but with a jet in the equation as well to keep down that's 4 distractions.
jmsprovan
+18|5812|Alba
The people in my BF2 clan who used a joystick liked to brag about it incessantly until I or a couple of others who used keyboard and mouse owned the shit out of them.

pretentious dickheads like holding penis shaped objects and bragging about it, who would have guessed.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

Absolute Bullshit.

Jets were overly dominant only some of the time in at most 3 maps. And in 2 of those 3 the attack choppers were usually a far bigger threat then planes ever were, and a lot of that had to do with the imbalance of the jets more then anything else.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space
God dammit obviously no one remembers the 1.2 patch era when AA was ridiculous and jets were getting owned all over the place.  The problem wasn't overpowered jets, they were supposed to be death machines.  The problem was that the AA sucked and could never hit them.  Now with that problem looking fixed, jets without bombs will be useless.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

God dammit obviously no one remembers the 1.2 patch era when AA was ridiculous and jets were getting owned all over the place.  The problem wasn't overpowered jets, they were supposed to be death machines.  The problem was that the AA sucked and could never hit them.  Now with that problem looking fixed, jets without bombs will be useless.
Useless?  Take out other jets and helicopters?  Strafing runs?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
No cooking grenades? 
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
don't want cooking grenades. in cod basically people very quickly learned the precise timing to throw a nade at you and give you no warning/time to avoid it. now imagine karkand nadespam, except this time you can't dodge them AT ALL

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-09-21 19:17:58)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

Stingray24 wrote:

No cooking grenades? 
fixt

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

AA was greatly buffed in 1.2

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-09-21 19:19:52)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space
derp
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

FatherTed wrote:

don't want cooking grenades. in cod basically people very quickly learned the precise timing to throw a nade at you and give you no warning/time to avoid it. now imagine karkand nadespam, except this time you can't dodge them AT ALL
In nadespam, you usually die anyway.  Ah well, least I can grin about bombless jets.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
I hope we have bombs in this game, or at least some A2G missiles that are easier to get hits with than the ones in the SU34 in BF2.

Nah screw that, we really need bombs in this game, and a better functioning HUD for bombing too. With the BF2 HUD you could only accurately bomb at 300m altitude while flying horizontally.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5684|SQUID
nah man just give pilots deagles
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The nades in BF2 were fine as-is. Enough had been nerfed.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
No bombs for fighters, air-to-surface missiles maybe.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I hope we have bombs in this game, or at least some A2G missiles that are easier to get hits with than the ones in the SU34 in BF2.

Nah screw that, we really need bombs in this game, and a better functioning HUD for bombing too. With the BF2 HUD you could only accurately bomb at 300m altitude while flying horizontally.
Sh1fty stop trying to recreate the opening air war of Desert Storm

ain't

going

to

happen

allowing players to bomb from 1000m = horrible game design.

sure I want to be blown up by someone I can't even see

sureee.

and the LGMs were easy as hell to hit, you just needed a pilot who could fly for a gunner.

I got my Good Conduct Ribbon gunning in a jet, thing is it wiped when I CTD'd

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-09-22 09:29:55)

UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6688|"The Empire"

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Are the mortars gonna be in MP?
Yeah, I remember seeing a dogtag that shows the number or mortar kills you get.

Edit: Here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef … sonal.aspx
read this earlier, from here

Troedsson concluded: "There was something very cool about the Commander role and there was also something a bit flawed, we have to say."

Battlefield 3 retains the essence of the Commander via squad leaders and gadgets. Squad leaders can order artillery strikes, Troedsson said, and the ability to order a mortar strike is available as a multiplayer unlock.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Are the mortars gonna be in MP?
Yeah, I remember seeing a dogtag that shows the number or mortar kills you get.

Edit: Here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef … sonal.aspx
read this earlier, from here

Troedsson concluded: "There was something very cool about the Commander role and there was also something a bit flawed, we have to say."

Battlefield 3 retains the essence of the Commander via squad leaders and gadgets. Squad leaders can order artillery strikes, Troedsson said, and the ability to order a mortar strike is available as a multiplayer unlock.
That is so fucking gay. They should bring back the classic commander function from Battlefield 2. I miss the old school UAV, Supply Crate, Scan and Artillery combo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard