pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6296|Washington St.
yeah that's not what's unrealistic, what is, is thinking they will listen to what we have to say and actually applying it to the game rather than just designing the game for more revenue for them.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6291|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Adams_BJ wrote:

ill take 3 please.

also its not unrealistic to think that some guys from EA/DICE check the forums. its not like this site is nothing to the BF community
tbh this forum has been dead for quite a while... It's running on life support atm by us 20-or-so regulars that keep posting
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5041|Massachusetts, USA

FloppY_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

ill take 3 please.

also its not unrealistic to think that some guys from EA/DICE check the forums. its not like this site is nothing to the BF community
tbh this forum has been dead for quite a while... It's running on life support atm by us 20-or-so regulars that keep posting
The question is, do we want a bunch of new people who are just as annoying as the ones we have already.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
GullyFoyle
+25|5392
BS?

twitter.com/pekhe:  "@Demize99 If the consoles wouldn't be fast enough to run certain maps, would you still consider to put the maps into the PC version? #BF3"
twitter.com/Demize99:  "@pekhe Yes"

FYI:  twitter.com/Demize99:  "I'm 100% on BF3. Well 99%, I am advising on BFBC2 now."

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-12-22 09:56:11)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
i heard a rumour BF3 wont work with XP?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5794|Catherine Black
Hope not
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
lemme dig around

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/showt … Windows-XP

might be the final kick i need to get w7

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-01-05 13:01:01)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5489|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Battlefield 3 PC Getting "Special Effort"
It might not come as a surprise, but Battlefield 3 will not be a PC exclusive according to a tweet by Battlefield 3 Lead Designer, David Goldfarb. He adds that the PC version will be getting "special effort".

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

U2RoKKeR
@locust9 Can you PLEASE put the rumors to rest that #BF3 will be a PC exclusive?

locust9
@U2RoKKeR it will not be exclusive. We are putting special effort into the pc version, even for us, it's extraordinary.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twitter
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

BF3 for pc will be using DX10/11

So the console version is going to be below the pc standard in terms of gfx by a long way.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada

AussieReaper wrote:

BF3 for pc will be using DX10/11

So the console version is going to be below the pc standard in terms of gfx by a long way.
Good.

Console players are below the PC players' standards.

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6672

Thing is, back on BF2, some people actually turned off or reduced graphical enhancements to gain advantages.  Shadows come to mind.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473

FatherTed wrote:

lemme dig around

Win7 is great anyway. I got it to play BC2 with DX10, and its been a large improvement over XP in other areas as well.

But then again it did only cost me $20, much cheaper than normal. But you'll probably want to upgrade eventually anyway so why not do it sooner?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lemme dig around

Win7 is great anyway. I got it to play BC2 with DX10, and its been a large improvement over XP in other areas as well.

But then again it did only cost me $20, much cheaper than normal. But you'll probably want to upgrade eventually anyway so why not do it sooner?
How did you get it for $20? Idk im just in love with XP - everything i use supports it and its really memory-lite. On the other hand it is 10 years old so i can't really complain newer games/applications won't support it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lemme dig around

How did you get it for $20? Idk im just in love with XP - everything i use supports it and its really memory-lite. On the other hand it is 10 years old so i can't really complain newer games/applications won't support it.
I got it through my school. Also the 64bit version of Win7 is much more stable and better supported than that of XP, so you can get enough RAM to more than make up for the increased memory usage.
BVC
+325|6701
If your machine can handle it, I wholeheartedly recommend getting Win7 over XP/Vista. (XP > Vista tho)

Any news on frostbite 2.0's performance on PC compared to 1.5 (BC2) ?
GullyFoyle
+25|5392
Battlefield 3 Unveiling at GDC 2011

Electronic Arts promises new game announcements.
January 10, 2011,  by Jim Reilly

Electronic Arts will unveil Battlefield 3 this March.

The publisher confirmed to the media it will host an unveil event for the game on Mar. 1, 2011, taking place during the week of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Additionally, EA says it will also have new game announcements as well as hands-on time with many upcoming titles, including: Shadows of the Damned, Alice Madness Returns, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Crysis 2.

Those who purchased the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor this past fall received an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. Details about the beta's release date have not been announced.

Battlefield 3 is expected to ship in 2011.

Be sure to check back with IGN for all the latest from GDC.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
so i get a copy of bf3 and itd kill my computer if i ran it. great
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
GullyFoyle
+25|5392
Nobody here gives a sh1t about BF3?

GullyFoyle wrote:

The publisher confirmed to the media it will host an unveil event for the game on Mar. 1, 2011, taking place during the week of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Additionally, EA says it will also have new game announcements as well as hands-on time with many upcoming titles, including: Shadows of the Damned, Alice Madness Returns, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Crysis 2.

Those who purchased the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor this past fall received an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. Details about the beta's release date have not been announced.

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5184|Sydney

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lemme dig around

I've been running Win7 64 for coming up to a year soon. I too loved XP but now, I could never go back.

I got mine for, uh, free... I'm sure you can figure out how... and it's been completely stable this entire time.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5184|Sydney

GullyFoyle wrote:

Nobody here gives a sh1t about BF3?

GullyFoyle wrote:

Sure. But it's not March yet
FloppY_
­
mfw this will just turn out like Bad Company 2.1
https://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9405/mehcat.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria

FloppY_ wrote:

If they bring back the commander/squad leader structure, commo-rose, all the different vehicles and slightly larger maps, I think I'll be fine.
Lack of prone or the class loadouts don't really matter.
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

If they bring back the commander/squad leader structure, commo-rose, all the different vehicles and slightly larger maps, I think I'll be fine.
Lack of prone or the class loadouts don't really matter.
I agree that lack of prone doesn't matter, though most people dont.. but larger maps will probably mean going back to the hit-reg horror
0akleaves
+183|6619|Newcastle UK
i'l be happy if they make bf3 like 1.03  or before. Wasnt fair but my god it was fun.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard