Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York

AussieReaper wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Cloverfield suffered from shaky camera, so he had to find some other way to annoy us in this movie.
How does a movie suffer from something that was intentional?
When it is over done to the point of making the movie (almost) unwatchable. I know people who suffered vertigo and couldn't sit through it in the cinema.

The lens flare in ST was intentional also.
Pff. Pussy.

The shaky cam was why I loved Cloverfield so much. It made it seem incredibly realistic. And to make a 30 story monster attacking New York City seem realistic takes a LOT.
Benzin
+576|6015
I used to be a real die-hard Trekkie ... I'll answer your questions:

1) Vulcan was never destroyed. Apparently they included that Romulus was going to be (and was) destroyed. The TV-series and movies never covered any of this. What Unification to see how Spock got there.

2) Spock and Uhura NEVER had anything at all. In TOS (The Original Series) it was Kirk and Uhura who had the first on-screen multiracial kiss. It created quite a stir back in the 60s (think Civil Rights Movement). But other than that, there was never any romance hinted at among the crew members. In the movies, they all became more like family, but never any romantic love was shown. That single kiss between Kirk and Uhura was it.

3) Watch Unification. Vulcans are very long-lived. Think like Wookies from Star Wars, only they don't get that old.

4) No. The crew was formed in piecs. In fact, Chekov was never part of the original crew. I think he joined somewhere in the middle of the series, I can't remember. That's a huge mistake the movies made in the 2nd movie, The Wrath of Khan. Chekov never met Khan when Khan first came aboard the Enterprise when the ship found the SS Botany Bay. It's been talked about that maybe Chekov was on the ship but was never a member of the senior staff until later on AFTER Khan left the Enterprise. Perhaps then Khan saw Chekov somewhere on the ship that was never shown in the television show (Trekkies, they'll think of anything to explain something away so the universe stays consistent).

5) I imagine the canyon is because of ship building or mining. Don't ask me, though. You also need to remember that at the end of the 20th and beginning of the 21st century in the Star Trek universe, WW3 took place. There was also the Eugenics Wars that took place before that. Lots of shit happened. It would be possible to assume that at some point, the detonation of a nuclear weapon (nukes were used in WW3) created a canyon.

OK for ya, pumpkin? Got your closure?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

CapnNismo wrote:

2) Spock and Uhura NEVER had anything at all. In TOS (The Original Series) it was Kirk and Uhura who had the first on-screen multiracial kiss. It created quite a stir back in the 60s (think Civil Rights Movement). But other than that, there was never any romance hinted at among the crew members. In the movies, they all became more like family, but never any romantic love was shown. That single kiss between Kirk and Uhura was it.
After that episode was filmed it went to the executives for approval. They saw the kiss and waved a huge red flag and told the director/film crew to re-shoot it with Kirk kissing another white woman.

Shatner did the scene again, but after the kiss looked up at the camera cross eyed each time. Eventually it was too expensive to keep re-shooting and time ran out, so they had to televise the Uhura-Kirk kiss.

Pretty innovative for the 60's.

(iirc.)
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Benzin
+576|6015

AussieReaper wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

After that episode was filmed it went to the executives for approval. They saw the kiss and waved a huge red flag and told the director/film crew to re-shoot it with Kirk kissing another white woman.

Shatner did the scene again, but after the kiss looked up at the camera cross eyed each time. Eventually it was too expensive to keep re-shooting and time ran out, so they had to televise the Uhura-Kirk kiss.

(iirc.)
I don't remember the whole history behind it. I know it didn't go over well with the executives. I could certainly imagine Shatner doing that with the camera, though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

AussieReaper wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

(iirc.)
Thats interesting. Ever since seeing the film a I've been on a Star Trek kick. I posted in the TV section that some of the original series has been remastered and available online. It brings back some nostalgia watching. It had been awhile since I watched the original.. so I would get a few minutes into the episode before I started remembering it. Good stuff.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Kmarion wrote:

I posted in the TV section that some of the original series has been remastered and available online.
I know, I posted in that thread.

But yeah its funny the memories it brought back. I watched them at about 6 or 7 y.o when they aired here as repeats.

I just re-watched Charlie-X a week ago and thought, "I know that blonde, she get's into trouble all the time as a the ditzy blonde!"

lol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6595|Columbus, OH

CapnNismo wrote:

I used to be a real die-hard Trekkie ... I'll answer your questions:

1) Vulcan was never destroyed. Apparently they included that Romulus was going to be (and was) destroyed. The TV-series and movies never covered any of this. What Unification to see how Spock got there.

3) Watch Unification. Vulcans are very long-lived. Think like Wookies from Star Wars, only they don't get that old.

4) No. The crew was formed in piecs. In fact, Chekov was never part of the original crew. I think he joined somewhere in the middle of the series, I can't remember. That's a huge mistake the movies made in the 2nd movie, The Wrath of Khan. Chekov never met Khan when Khan first came aboard the Enterprise when the ship found the SS Botany Bay. It's been talked about that maybe Chekov was on the ship but was never a member of the senior staff until later on AFTER Khan left the Enterprise. Perhaps then Khan saw Chekov somewhere on the ship that was never shown in the television show (Trekkies, they'll think of anything to explain something away so the universe stays consistent).

5) I imagine the canyon is because of ship building or mining. Don't ask me, though. You also need to remember that at the end of the 20th and beginning of the 21st century in the Star Trek universe, WW3 took place. There was also the Eugenics Wars that took place before that. Lots of shit happened. It would be possible to assume that at some point, the detonation of a nuclear weapon (nukes were used in WW3) created a canyon.

OK for ya, pumpkin? Got your closure?
Works for me snookums
Benzin
+576|6015
Super.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard