lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA
Well the question has been asked and ignored a few times so I thought I will ask everybody.

While our president was in Saudi Arabia, giving his "All nations are equal" speach. Mechille Obama was nowhere tobe found. She did however turn up in Europe.

So the question is, why was she not by her husbands side in Saudi? Could the fact that she is not considered an equal and has no voice in this Islamic ruled, peaceful and tolerant country, be the reason? Or was she just being a stay at home mom?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

Yeah, she should have joined him on the podium during his many speeches with McCain also.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
So is this thread a dig at Saudi Arabia or...what? I think everyone knows it's a fucking joke how cozy the US is with Saudi Arabia which is a fucking joke of a country in itself in every aspect, it's been like that ever since they found shitloads of oil there and won't end until it's all gone
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah, she should have joined him on the podium during his many speeches with McCain also.
So you think she was not present at those speeches with McCain?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Varegg wrote:

this is about all you are going to come up without out right lying I am afraid
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
So yeah, what's this thread aimed at? US relations with Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia itself? Islam? Obama? All of them put together in one, how you say, super-rant?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

So is this thread a dig at Saudi Arabia or...what? I think everyone knows it's a fucking joke how cozy the US is with Saudi Arabia which is a fucking joke of a country in itself in every aspect, it's been like that ever since they found shitloads of oil there and won't end until it's all gone
Yeah sorta, it is a relevant question when Islamic ruled countries in the ME are denied being violent and intolerant by members of this forum
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

She certainly wasn't at the podium, giving us an insight into the many changes she would bring to America.

Her plans for health care reform, the economy, education.

In fact, most US media were more concerned about her dress sense...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

She certainly wasn't at the podium, giving us an insight into the many changes she would bring to America.

Her plans for health care reform, the economy, education.

In fact, most US media were more concerned about her dress sense...
but she was there, maybe not on camera but she was there. She was not in the ME. and there is a reason for that. My guess is, because of what her status would be, what is yours?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Varegg wrote:

nice contribution
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

lowing wrote:

but she was there, maybe not on camera but she was there. She was not in the ME. and there is a reason for that. My guess is, because of what her status would be, what is yours?
My guess is she was on her period. It's a guess just as valid as yours. Both unsubstantiated and pointless.

Why not find something of substance and post about it?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

oh you guys are so wrong.  she is all over the news here and takes pride in her "active role."  so, lowings question is valid.  stop being a bunch of bitches and discuss or fucking leave.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

My guess is she was on her period. It's a guess just as valid as yours. Both unsubstantiated and pointless.

Why not find something of substance and post about it?
yeah right, she shows up everywhere else except the peaceful and tolerant Islamic ruled nations and you think there is a reason other than what I mentioned. I guess it would be best for you to deny it, for being honest about it certainly would not help your assertion that these nations are peaceful and tolerant.
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Means I don't care if she is at his side no matter what country he decides to visit ... you are the one smelling a conspiracy because she didn't visit one country that happens to be a Muslim one ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Means I don't care if she is at his side no matter what country he decides to visit ... you are the one smelling a conspiracy because she didn't visit one country that happens to be a Muslim one ...
Of course you don't care, really I don't care either, but as an observation to support my opinion the Islam is violent and intolerant based on the countries that have Islamic law as their foundation, I think this fact is telling. you are best to ignore it, or make fun of it, as I do not see any argument that can be made to suggest this was anything other than this countries views and intolerance toward women as the reason for her absence.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

lowing wrote:

My guess is, because of what her status would be, what is yours?
We're to be playing guessing games this whole thread are we?

Obama on Sunday was wrapping up a six-day trip abroad that took him to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany and France. The tour included a speech to Muslims on Thursday and a trip to a Nazi concentration camp a day later. On Saturday, he marked the 65th anniversary of the Allied invasion at Normandy.
In six days he was in four different countries.

After the ceremony, Obama and his wife, Michelle, returned to Paris to reunite with their daughters, Sasha and Malia, for a family evening in the City of Light. They planned sightseeing on Sunday before Obama returns to Washington from his trip, which also took him to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. The first lady and the girls planned to remain in France until at least Monday.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090606/ap_ … r_wh/obama

Michelle and the children and sight seeing, not even returning with Obama when he heads home. Do you think he should have taken the whole family to four countries in six days, or let them sight see around Paris?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

in Cairo, Egypt Obama wrote:

The sixth issue -- the sixth issue that I want to address is women's rights.  (Applause.)  I know –- I know -- and you can tell from this audience, that there is a healthy debate about this issue.  I reject the view of some in the West that a woman who chooses to cover her hair is somehow less equal, but I do believe that a woman who is denied an education is denied equality.  (Applause.)  And it is no coincidence that countries where women are well educated are far more likely to be prosperous.

Now, let me be clear:  Issues of women's equality are by no means simply an issue for Islam.  In Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, we've seen Muslim-majority countries elect a woman to lead.  Meanwhile, the struggle for women's equality continues in many aspects of American life, and in countries around the world.

I am convinced that our daughters can contribute just as much to society as our sons.  (Applause.)  Our common prosperity will be advanced by allowing all humanity -- men and women -- to reach their full potential.  I do not believe that women must make the same choices as men in order to be equal, and I respect those women who choose to live their lives in traditional roles. But it should be their choice.  And that is why the United States will partner with any Muslim-majority country to support expanded literacy for girls, and to help young women pursue employment through micro-financing that helps people live their dreams.  (Applause.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaxZPiiKyMw#t=42m25s
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Of course you don't care, really I don't care either, but as an observation to support my opinion the Islam is violent and intolerant based on the countries that have Islamic law as their foundation, I think this fact is telling. you are best to ignore it, or make fun of it, as I do not see any argument that can be made to suggest this was anything other than this countries views and intolerance toward women as the reason for her absence.
Nice try ... a female friend of mine works in the Emirates and have been travelling through the entire ME without having to take any special considerations and have been treated with respect ... and not just the superficial kind ...

The issue here is how they treat their own female part of the population and it could be Michelle had other things to do than visit the ME for one day this time around or maybe she was there ... I don't know where she was and it really doesn't matter to me ... you are the one making a huge deal of this ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

My guess is, because of what her status would be, what is yours?
We're to be playing guessing games this whole thread are we?

Obama on Sunday was wrapping up a six-day trip abroad that took him to Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany and France. The tour included a speech to Muslims on Thursday and a trip to a Nazi concentration camp a day later. On Saturday, he marked the 65th anniversary of the Allied invasion at Normandy.
In six days he was in four different countries.

After the ceremony, Obama and his wife, Michelle, returned to Paris to reunite with their daughters, Sasha and Malia, for a family evening in the City of Light. They planned sightseeing on Sunday before Obama returns to Washington from his trip, which also took him to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. The first lady and the girls planned to remain in France until at least Monday.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090606/ap_ … r_wh/obama

Michelle and the children and sight seeing, not even returning with Obama when he heads home. Do you think he should have taken the whole family to four countries in six days, or let them sight see around Paris?
Uhhhh, I already said they were in Paris, (Europe) Michelle, was NOT in the ME. The question is why not?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

lowing wrote:

Uhhhh, I already said they were in Paris, (Europe) Michelle, was NOT in the ME. The question is why not?
They had the choice to tour Paris, or spend 6 days travelling to 4 different countries for nothing more than a few speeches. And even when Obama returns to the US, they are still going to be in Paris. You might as well be asking why are they staying in Paris...

And as for this being due to some Islamic hate for women in power positions, you do know that the largest Muslim population in the world, Indonesia, had a female President from to 2001 to 2004? How intolerant must they be?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

They had the choice to tour Paris, or spend 6 days travelling to 4 different countries for nothing more than a few speeches. And even when Obama returns to the US, they are still going to be in Paris. You might as well be asking why are they staying in Paris...

And as for this being due to some Islamic hate for women in power positions, you do know that the largest Muslim population in the world, Indonesia, had a female President from to 2001 to 2004? How intolerant must they be?
Lets see, Indonesia is not Islamic ruled right? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Ok so no Michelle in the ME, yet Michelle everywhere else Obama shows up... Ok yeah I guess intolerance of women is not the reason
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Kmarion wrote:

in Cairo, Egypt Obama wrote:

The sixth issue -- the sixth issue that I want to address is women's rights.  (Applause.)  I know –- I know -- and you can tell from this audience, that there is a healthy debate about this issue.  I reject the view of some in the West that a woman who chooses to cover her hair is somehow less equal, but I do believe that a woman who is denied an education is denied equality.  (Applause.)  And it is no coincidence that countries where women are well educated are far more likely to be prosperous.

Now, let me be clear:  Issues of women's equality are by no means simply an issue for Islam.  In Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, we've seen Muslim-majority countries elect a woman to lead.  Meanwhile, the struggle for women's equality continues in many aspects of American life, and in countries around the world.

I am convinced that our daughters can contribute just as much to society as our sons.  (Applause.)  Our common prosperity will be advanced by allowing all humanity -- men and women -- to reach their full potential.  I do not believe that women must make the same choices as men in order to be equal, and I respect those women who choose to live their lives in traditional roles. But it should be their choice.  And that is why the United States will partner with any Muslim-majority country to support expanded literacy for girls, and to help young women pursue employment through micro-financing that helps people live their dreams.  (Applause.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaxZPiiKyMw#t=42m25s
and why would such a speech be given if the intolerance was not present in these Islamic ruled cultures?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6171|what

lowing wrote:

Ok so no Michelle in the ME, yet Michelle everywhere else Obama shows up... Ok yeah I guess intolerance of women is not the reason
She was in France before he arrived. She is staying in France after he leaves. Thus wherever Obama next shows up, she'll be a little late arriving.

Feel free to update this thread whenever Michelle's travel plans become topic worthy in the future.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nice try ... a female friend of mine works in the Emirates and have been travelling through the entire ME without having to take any special considerations and have been treated with respect ... and not just the superficial kind ...

The issue here is how they treat their own female part of the population and it could be Michelle had other things to do than visit the ME for one day this time around or maybe she was there ... I don't know where she was and it really doesn't matter to me ... you are the one making a huge deal of this ...
I see, so you have a friend and this proves you are right, I offer up entire countries and I am generalizing....got it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard