Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
So it comes out on Friday in Europe, some people might already have it thanks to preorder though and it came out on the 2nd for anyone in the US.

For anyone that doesn't know about it heres a little summary:

Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos.

Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla also features a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.

Trailer:

Discuss away
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5495|England
I was actually turned on by the trailer.

I think I saw it was for PC also, is this true? Or did I see it say somewhere it was not on PC? lol
Dookie0119
+43|5776
Single Player Demo was great, made me want to buy the game.

But the Multiplayer Demo almost completely put me off the game.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6528|Boston, MA
I actually bought it and it's really fun. You get a good feel for the singleplayer with the demo. It can get pretty difficult because on guerilla missions, specifically house arrest, it's basically you against a ton of enemies and more and more will keep coming so you have to basically destroy everything quickly, free the prisoners, and get the hell out of there. And it's a pain to destroy high importance areas since there seems to be like 40 enemies there that once one gets attacked, they all charge you. Either way, it's still fun.

And the multiplayer is kind of lame but it's still surprisingly fun in my opinion. It's nothing special and if you buy this game, you shouldn't even let the multiplayer encourage/discourage you. However, it's still hilarious running around with a sledgehammer and just wrecking people. It's not a multiplayer I see myself playing daily for many hours, but it is one I see myself playing once every couple days for a long time.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
I will wait for the PC version to come out.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Game is epic, tremendous fun. Heavy-Walker =
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
packs quite simply make the multiplayer in this game fucking awesome.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6256|B.C. Canada
Anyone know where in the hell I can find tanks/walkers in this game?? I have managed to find a tank once and blew up the building that it was in and now when I go back its never there. I am on the badlands part and would love to roll around in a tank or a walker.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Might have to try rent/buy. Looks and sounds fucking epic.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

trex1210 wrote:

Anyone know where in the hell I can find tanks/walkers in this game?? I have managed to find a tank once and blew up the building that it was in and now when I go back its never there. I am on the badlands part and would love to roll around in a tank or a walker.
I was gonna ask the same question. I've only had access to the tanks and walkers after accepting certain missions. But after those I haven't be able to find them anywhere

I really want to go rampage in a heavy walker.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6437|somewhere other then here

M.O.A.B wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

I was gonna ask the same question. I've only had access to the tanks and walkers after accepting certain missions. But after those I haven't be able to find them anywhere

im not sure if they are heavy walkers. but i know there are some walkers in some of the edf garages. some of the garages are on your map as destruction targets
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
yeah there are walkers and tanks in some of the hangers in EOS and a tank in badlands and a tank in oasis i think
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

voodoosniper7 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

im not sure if they are heavy walkers. but i know there are some walkers in some of the edf garages. some of the garages are on your map as destruction targets
I've jus about wiped out all of the EDF structures in the game, with a few left in Badlands I think. I completed the main story last week, going around finishing off the side missions now. Unlocked the super hammer cheat last night, tremendous fun smacking vehicles and people for miles.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium
Just unlocked Badlands and Oasis last night. Thank god for the upgrade that allows you to warp from safehouse to safehouse. I bought the game based on my positive experiences with the demo. It's living up partially to my expectations, Geomod 2.0 is a lot of fun. Shame though that the world is so lifeless, bland and generic at times. It might be different in Oasis (haven't seen anything of it other than a safehouse) but Parker and Dust were relatively monotonous in terms of landscape, apart from the huge quarries.

My favorite weapon at the moment is the Arc Welder, I love its versatility. Favorite vehicle would have to be a fast walker even though I only got to use it once during a Heavy Metal mission.

Last edited by FlemishHCmaniac (2009-06-29 00:17:58)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I was messing in the Badlands last night near the Mohole, smashing up quite a cluster of ore deposits when I noticed a neutral vehicle icon on my map. At first I thought it might be Marauders, but when I went and had a look, I found it was a NASA Martian Rover thingy . Strangely you can't dirve it though, even though its marked as a vehicle. Can't be destroyed either but when I shot it with my Nano Rifle it gave off a little radio transmission, didn't catch whatit said though.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium
Haha nice, I was wondering if they were going to put the rover in as an easter egg. I've been playing a lot the last few days and I'm now in Eos. It's probably the best looking district in the game, mainly because it has way more buildings and they're not boring rehashes that appear in the other districts. The jetpack and thermobaric rocket are awsm, so is the combat walker. I also saw a glimpse of some big ass tank with rocket pods in a convoy before it blew me to smithereens, can't wait to try that one.

Btw, is it me or does the Gauss rifle not pack a whole lot of punch? You'd figure it'd be an elite weapon or something but it seems I'm better off with a Peacekeeper in close combat. Might be because some of the EDF are quite heavily armored in Eos though...
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6437|somewhere other then here

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Haha nice, I was wondering if they were going to put the rover in as an easter egg. I've been playing a lot the last few days and I'm now in Eos. It's probably the best looking district in the game, mainly because it has way more buildings and they're not boring rehashes that appear in the other districts. The jetpack and thermobaric rocket are awsm, so is the combat walker. I also saw a glimpse of some big ass tank with rocket pods in a convoy before it blew me to smithereens, can't wait to try that one.

Btw, is it me or does the Gauss rifle not pack a whole lot of punch? You'd figure it'd be an elite weapon or something but it seems I'm better off with a Peacekeeper in close combat. Might be because some of the EDF are quite heavily armored in Eos though...
Mars Rover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2GDsFyEns
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

I've found the Gauss rifle is actually quite good when used against buildings and stuff, infantry not so much unless you get a headshot. More often than not I'll face off infantry with the chrome hammer or use the assault rifle. The Rail Driver is hard to use though, though pretty cool shooting through walls.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Haha, I found this guy by accident the other night when I was looking for radio tags, had no idea it was meant to be Parker from the first game.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6410|Belgium
Just finished the campaign
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Oh noes, the commander got killed in the Badlands /care... Oh, Sam apparently is a marauder, okay... The Hydra is blown up, yay me. The game sure lacks in the story and character development part. But hey, as long as I can blow shit up in various ways, it's all good.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Just finished the campaign
Oh noes, the commander got killed in the Badlands /care... Oh, Sam apparently is a marauder, okay... The Hydra is blown up, yay me. The game sure lacks in the story and character development part. But hey, as long as I can blow shit up in various ways, it's all good.
Yeah the story isn't its best attribute.

But hammer time is fun

Also, I've found a way to knock out gunships in one hit.

Hit their wing or canard with the nano rifle and they'll spin out. If you're lucky they'll hit a building for awsmness.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
so it was released, and so far its pretty meh. In my honest opinion i think its just a hybrid of Mercenaries, Red Faction, and Grand Theft Auto. the vehicle handling, the "hijacking" and the weapon handling is all reminiscent of the mercenaries series, whereas the plot, setting are all red faction. The GTA aspect is pretty much the threat level you attain when you attack EDF targets, say you hit an EDF car, your threat level goes to yellow and they chase you around until they give up. if you kill them or attack a high value target the threat level goes up to orange and eventually red, and the only way to lower it is to drive like a madman away from them.

The plot is pretty weak though, its nothing we haven't seen before in the Red Faction series. it deals with Nano Tech and fighting against an oppresive force, AGAIN. its also impossible to fail at this game, seeing how when you die you just respawn at the nearest red faction outpost. where in the previous two games you had to constantly save and save and save. Regenerating health makes an appearance and is kind of annoying.

The GAME (you all just lost it by the way) does still have redeeming qualities though. the destruction of buildings is loads of fun, and the many ways to do it are awesome. Sledgehammer, demo charges, rocket launcher, nano rifle. or hell driving a fucking truck into a building with demo charges on it running away and making it go BOOM. loads of fun. Plus the guerrilla actions are pretty fun too, especially when you use the Heavy Walker to crush every goddamn thing in your path.

Overall i give it a 3/5, weak story and unoriginal setting but the sandbox world and sheer destruction makes up for it, kind of. im regretting buying it now and i should've waited for a price drop. that doesn't mean you should not buy it though. if you have an xbox or ps3 go rent it and then see.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard