SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK
Yeah, i regret spending every science lesson talking and not paying attention etc...

So now, tomorrow morning i have a chemistry exam, and when i went to revise about 3 hours ago i realised i'd forgotten most of the stuff we need

So, after revising for around 1 1/2 hours, ive only managed to learn about rate of reactions and a bit about the Haber process. What i did was look at an exam paper and find the questions i couldn't do. I looked and realised it was worse than i thought when i didn't realise what most of the questions were even about

So, now i write down key points about the subject then read them, and then i do example questions and stuff. Except reading the points, then writting them and then reading them again then doing questions is taking far too long if i've only got a few hours to learn everything

So, BF2s, can anyone reccommend me some revision methods that hopefully won't take an hour per topic?

EDIT: 666 days tomorrow. A sure sign of failure?

Last edited by SEREVENT (2009-06-03 11:16:47)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6784|d
Just keep reading and thinking about what you read. So read first topic a few times, put the book away, write what you learned. Move on, do the same again.....................yeah, that how i did it.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

mafia996630 wrote:

Just keep reading and thinking about what you read. So read first topic a few times, put the book away, write what you learned. Move on, do the same again.....................yeah, that how i did it.
So i don't write as i read? I read all at once then write what i learned?

Otherwise thats exactly whats taking me too long
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6784|d
Read a paragraph, then think about that paragraph. Move on, read another and do the same. When you finish reading 1 or 2 pages, put the book to one side and see what you remember, write it down. Go back, read what you forgot. Seems long but works.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

mafia996630 wrote:

Read a paragraph, then think about that paragraph. Move on, read another and do the same. When you finish reading 1 or 2 pages, put the book to one side and see what you remember, write it down. Go back, read what you forgot. Seems long but works.
Hmm, thanks i'll try that
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6776|Scotland

Do you have some sort of past examination paper to see what it's like? With the answers as well?

What to do is to grab that, and then go through all the questions, answering as many as you can, and then looking at the answer sheet and answering the ones you couldn't by paying close attention to the answer scheme and how the question is worked out. Then make sure you remember how to do those questions. Underline what comes up most in past examinations and make sure you learn how to do them properly.

I never really revised for anything. Simply because I couldn't. I didn't have the concentration span or the patience to sit down and make notes. But I know that technique works.
Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
Got exactly the same exam tomorrow. AQA Additional Science?

I'm doing Foundation, Science isn't my strongest subject
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Zimmer wrote:

Do you have some sort of past examination paper to see what it's like? With the answers as well?

What to do is to grab that, and then go through all the questions, answering as many as you can, and then looking at the answer sheet and answering the ones you couldn't by paying close attention to the answer scheme and how the question is worked out. Then make sure you remember how to do those questions. Underline what comes up most in past examinations and make sure you learn how to do them properly.

I never really revised for anything. Simply because I couldn't. I didn't have the concentration span or the patience to sit down and make notes. But I know that technique works.
I've only got the one paper, with the answers. I could have had more but i missed the revision session today for a history exam

Infact, ive got 2 of the same paper, one i did do a few months ago in the class, where i got a total of 51%

Since i only have the one, its best to look at the blank one and see what i can and can't do then look at the answers? But i dont know alot about chemistry and for some questions i don't know what the subject is.

Kptk92 wrote:

I'm doing higher
At least you'll get a pass with foundation, i'm predicted A* in science and i can only do atomic structures, not even bonding :'(
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6776|Scotland

SEREVENT wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I've only got the one paper, with the answers. I could have had more but i missed the revision session today for a history exam

Infact, ive got 2 of the same paper, one i did do a few months ago in the class, where i got a total of 51%

Since i only have the one, its best to look at the blank one and see what i can and can't do then look at the answers? But i dont know alot about chemistry and for some questions i don't know what the subject is.

Kptk92 wrote:

I'm doing higher
At least you'll get a pass with foundation, i'm predicted A* in science and i can only do atomic structures, not even bonding :'(
What examination is this you are doing?

Also, never do a past paper without the answers at hand and never time yourself. It just puts you off the actual examination and will make you more nervous.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6369|Belfast
You cant do bonding? Ouch

I just had a Chemistry exam today (Im a year behind you) and bonding was half of my paper
Anyway, last year I fuckin sucked at Chemistry, what ill advise is to read thing over and over for as long as possible and hope that you know
it. It sorta worked for me but now I suck at Biology
robcr9
+111|6001
Lol, I have higher chem too, predicted A* got C's on the mocks cos i just cba'd the whole tests :S

Going to start revising soon

A lot better at physics though.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6293
Write everything down.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6595|London
hmm the night before an exam you realise you know absolutely nothing

I assume this is gcse chem?

I suggest you go find the specification. I googled the AQA GCSE chemistry spec for you if that's the one you're doing: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4421-W-SP-08.PDF
Skip all the crap at the begining and go to the bullet points on the stuff you need to know.

Then go the bbc website (i've linked the AQA stuff again)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/aqa/
and cram off that, very compact information, you could do the whole lot in 3-4 hours.

Should get you enough to pass at least

glhf
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Aries_37 wrote:

I suggest you go find the specification. I googled the AQA GCSE chemistry spec for you if that's the one you're doing: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4421-W-SP-08.PDF
Skip all the crap at the begining and go to the bullet points on the stuff you need to know.

and cram off that, very compact information, you could do the whole lot in 3-4 hours.

glhf
I've been using the BBC

I've got the haber process and rates of reaction done

And thanks for the AQA stuff <3

And i'm more of a physics man too Rob
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6595|London

SEREVENT wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

glhf
I've been using the BBC

I've got the haber process and rates of reaction done

And thanks for the AQA stuff <3

And i'm more of a physics man too Rob
you're very welcome

now get off bf2s, get your head down and study till you need to sleep.
Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
No this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesi … e/add_aqa/

It's the Additional Science one.

You got English as well in the afternoon Serevent?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

No this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesi … e/add_aqa/

It's the Additional Science one.

You got English as well in the afternoon Serevent?
Yeah thats the BBC thing i used for rate of reaction and the haber process.

And yeah i've got english too, poems from other cultures right?
Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
That's right, you doing Limbo, Nothing's Changed etc etc??
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

That's right, you doing Limbo, Nothing's Changed etc etc??
Yeah, got a soft spot for half-caste and night of the scorpion

Did you go to Poetry Live?
Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
Nah our school had a trip planned to go but we never did for some reason.

My particular faves are Limbo and Nothing's Changed. I don't like What Were They Like? and I never did Half-caste D:

Good luck with tomorrow SEREVENT
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

Nah our school had a trip planned to go but we never did for some reason.

My particular faves are Limbo and Nothing's Changed. I don't like What Were They Like? and I never did Half-caste D:

Good luck with tomorrow SEREVENT
Thankyou
YOU TOO! <3

Also, you missed out on poetry live

6 hours of poetry with a 1 hour break and another 30 min break

But yeah half caste is awesome, and John Aggard is an poet.

*flame suit on*

Last edited by SEREVENT (2009-06-03 13:35:37)

Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
Just revised all I need to know for Science tomorrow, Biology last week was piss, how was your higher paper? A few of my classmates struggled through it. Ahhhh the joys of being 1 of 2 Foundation students in my class
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

Just revised all I need to know for Science tomorrow, Biology last week was piss, how was your higher paper? A few of my classmates struggled through it. Ahhhh the joys of being 1 of 2 Foundation students in my class
Biology=easy A* tbh         EDIT: were a few harder questions, and i almost forgot the word equation for photosynthesis

But i've failed chemistry

Last edited by SEREVENT (2009-06-03 14:07:16)

Kez
+778|5723|London, UK
Rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Foundation ftw

Not in English though, A* all the way!!!!!!!!!
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

Kptk92 wrote:

Rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Foundation ftw

Not in English though, A* all the way!!!!!!!!!
Oh, all my class got put in foundation for the literature and the one tomorrow. Me and 2 other guys did higher the other day, and i know i messed up on it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard