Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA
  • Cap all pensions to $4,000 (€2,823) month, no more $22,000/month pensions - that'll save billions/year.
  • Deport illegal alien parents and their their families whose children are 15% of California's K-12 student-body to save $7.7 (€5.4) billion /year.
  • Have a state trooper outside each emergency hospital to detain illegal aliens for the Border Patrol (they will detain the ones AFTER they get their care) to save $1.4 (€1.0) billion/year.
  • Deport illegal alien prisoners after they serve their time or who are non-violent offenders to save $1.4 (€1.0) billion/year
  • Close all non-essential services...things like closing State Parks can stay open if they have donations from benefactors otherwise close them
  • Lower taxes so all the millionaires don't leave the state putting all the burden on the middle-class.

Other ideas, please make them.

Some more ideas: http://savecalifornia.com/ca-release-3- … ature.html

Last edited by Harmor (2009-06-01 19:26:05)

jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

weed /thread
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
I'm unsure about legalizing Weed because the overall costs, I think, would out way the tax revenue.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Harmor wrote:

I'm unsure about legalizing Weed because the overall costs, I think, would out way the tax revenue.
what costs?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
the weed argument can be applied to smokes over here,

While smoking may cost the NHS a lot, the tax it brings in far outstrips it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

This one's a toughy, but many everyday people learn to do this in the most basic terms:

Dont.Fucking.Spend.More.Than.You.Bring.In.

Sorry I can't sort an itemized list like you did, but if you want to pick and choose when, where, and how much to cut it really isn't going to alleviate the budget problem.  It will result in Dems wanting to cut this piece and Repugs trying to cut this piece, all according to their fake platforms, with the end result that little to no cuts happen because neither want to concede anything.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Don't you find it sad that government is cutting programs to the poor and the elderly but not reducing their salaries or pensions?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
explain.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5979|Toronto

Harmor wrote:

• Cap all pensions to $4,000 (€2,823) month, no more $22,000/month pensions - that'll save billions/year.
  • Deport illegal alien parents and their their families whose children are 15% of California's K-12 student-body to save $7.7 (€5.4) billion /year.
  • Have a state trooper outside each emergency hospital to detain illegal aliens for the Border Patrol (they will detain the ones AFTER they get their care) to save $1.4 (€1.0) billion/year.
  • Deport illegal alien prisoners after they serve their time or who are non-violent offenders to save $1.4 (€1.0) billion/year
  • Close all non-essential services...things like closing State Parks can stay open if they have donations from benefactors otherwise close them
  • Lower taxes so all the millionaires don't leave the state putting all the burden on the middle-class.

Other ideas, please make them.
I don't think that would work. Deporting illegals would cost a fortune. You have to find them, investigate them, then arrange for detention and transport--and the governments of their original countries most likely won't want them back.

Otherwise, I should give constructive advice: reducing taxes is a bad idea. Start privatising schools, using the charter or voucher system.
I like pie.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Harmor wrote:

Don't you find it sad that government is cutting programs to the poor and the elderly but not reducing their salaries or pensions?
I heard a stat the other day - something about the California government averaging 400 new hires a day for the last few years...if that stat is anywhere near true it is the largest problem we have.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
Cut California in half.

Sell Southern California to Mexico.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

TSI wrote:

I don't think that would work. Deporting illegals would cost a fortune. You have to find them, investigate them, then arrange for detention and transport--and the governments of their original countries most likely won't want them back.

Otherwise, I should give constructive advice: reducing taxes is a bad idea. Start privatising schools, using the charter or voucher system.
I've had this idea for a while.
California spends $11,626 (€8,205) per child so do this:

Give 50% as a voucher to people for private school.
Give 25% to the school they would normally go.
The rest goes to the state.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
Pass a constitutional amendment outlawing deficit spending.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6520

Harmor wrote:

TSI wrote:

I've had this idea for a while.
California spends $11,626 (€8,205) per child so do this:

Give 50% as a voucher to people for private school.
Give 25% to the school they would normally go.
The rest goes to the state.
People keep holding up the voucher/privatization model toward education as the great solution to our school problem.

What people forget that as of now, with a public system still in place, there is already a back log in the private school system. The competition to get into the better private schools rivals some universities.

Imagine how hard it is to get into college these day and put that everywhere. And you're 13 years old. Or 8. Be prepared to greet an entire generation of head cases if we try to heap that pressure onto children who can't even spell prerequisite.

If it's broke, fix it. Don't just dismantle it and try to buy a new one.

Last edited by Protecus (2009-06-01 20:00:09)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
As much as I bitch and moan about California...I'm seriously thinking of moving to Texas.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
Make it against the law to be an illegal alien in California...
Get rid of the teachers unions
Offer tax breaks to new businesses...
No hospital visits for anyone other than citizens
Put a limit on frivolous lawsuits medical or otherwise

a state that is 25 billion in the whole needs to face some harsh realities...
Love is the answer
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5609|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
Leave the state, it's screwed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Sell it to Mexico and rent it back.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6322|New Haven, CT
Legalizing the current illegal immigrants would do more to alleviate the stress than trying to deport them. Its the current situation that they are in that is causing California so many issues. If they are legalized and thus become documented, they will contribute tax revenues that are currently being lost. Obviously this has to be matched with tougher measures to discourage illegal immigration because we can't allow uncontrolled immigration, but for a short-term fix, it is a good idea.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Sell it to Mexico and rent it back.
Sure.. they're good for the money.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Kmarion wrote:

Sure.. they're good for the money.
They can pay in drugs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PureFodder
+225|6283
1. Nationalise healthcare. Massive savings to businesses as they no longer have to fork out for health insurance for their employees and retirees which should save well more than the extra tax revenue used to pay for it. (Almost all the scary budget predictions are caused by the inefficient US medical system sending medicaid and medicare through the roof.)
2. Make those incarcerated on minor non-violent drug offences do community work instead of sitting in prison. It saves large amounts of money and gets useful work done, a double saving.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

FatherTed wrote:

the weed argument can be applied to smokes over here,

While smoking may cost the NHS a lot, the tax it brings in far outstrips it
I doubt that. Very much doubt that.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

nukchebi0 wrote:

Legalizing the current illegal immigrants would do more to alleviate the stress than trying to deport them. Its the current situation that they are in that is causing California so many issues. If they are legalized and thus become documented, they will contribute tax revenues that are currently being lost. Obviously this has to be matched with tougher measures to discourage illegal immigration because we can't allow uncontrolled immigration, but for a short-term fix, it is a good idea.
Reagan tried it.  Didn't work then, and won't work now.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

nukchebi0 wrote:

If we do that we'll get even MORE immigrants as they bring their family in and ask for the same legalization.  I'm sure the many of the 6+ billion people in the world would want to live in the United States because their country sucks ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard