Skinnister
+43|6726|UK

raz wrote:

Yes, the stats are temporarily down for bf2s, the webmaster has said we just have to "wait it out ".
no stats are down period
simpster
+0|6656
this sucks i want my stats!! : )

{AWOL} BF2 Server
50 man Ranked server
IP 85.236.101.16 Port 17173
Voip & BF2 Recorder running

Last edited by simpster (2006-02-06 14:46:25)

wingman358
The Original
+11|6656

Skinnister wrote:

raz wrote:

Yes, the stats are temporarily down for bf2s, the webmaster has said we just have to "wait it out ".
no stats are down period
STATS ARE DOWN FOREVER?!?!!!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England

shadowdark1974 wrote:

anyone notice what it says at the top of the page under the announcment section!?!?
               The stats feed is down. Just gotta wait it out
So why did someone.....Anyone start a topic on it!!!!! what a waste....And i'm dumb for having even posted somthing in it!
I started this topic after doing a search that returned no results, followed by a check of the EA forums and a check of other stats sites.

If you haven’t noticed this topic IS the announcement, so it obviously wasn’t started after the announcement was it.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

ldd_bozo wrote:

Apparently its a BF2s problem.. <snip>
.....hmm maybe its that exclusive pipe
You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Get your facts straight before you start flappin your lip.

I promise you, Jeff could run circles around whom ever coded that site(?) of yours.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

ldd_bozo wrote:

Wow hes an angry man.. or boy... whatever
Not angry, nor a boy. You don't know anything about how this site works. Why would you say it's a BF2s.com problem? (I can't wait for the answer)
Gam Man
+5|6729
OMFG!!!

Okay...get this thru your thick head everyone!

THE NEW STATS FEED IS DOWN AND WILL BE COMING BACK UP IN A FEW DAYS

THE REASON OTHER SITES ARE WORKING IS BECAUSE THEY USE THE OLD STATS FEED THAT WAS NEVER DISABLED!

</flame>

I have never known anything about an exclusive pipe...I am not saying that there isn't one, I am just saying I have never heard of one.  The problem IS NOT bf2s, there is no data coming through the feed, if the problem was this site, data would still be pouring out of the spout.

If you still dont believe me, search "site uses old stats feed" and you will get a bunch of results telling you which sites use the old stats feed (which is still running). 

This site does not use the old stats feed because EA has requested that.

I think it is safe to assume that no-one is going to die because they cant see a fancy graph of their stats on bf2s.  The only thing this will effect is that graph, which will have a flat-line for the weekend.  Just log in and get a calculator to see exactly the same things.

-Gam

Last edited by Gam Man (2006-02-06 16:44:26)

Roachy
+0|6664|University of Illinois
Somebody save me. For I have become that which I hate.

'Tis truly threads like this that are the Jerry Springer of the internet. Poor, uninformed people.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

ldd_bozo wrote:

and as far as NM 156..  do a google for bf2web and read up on it... then say you know what you are talking about,,
hehe! Funny shit!

I'm not the smartest guy in these forums, but I know more about this stuff than you do. A lot more.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas
Wayyyy ahead of ya bud. I know all about that feed, and doubt very seriously you could teach me anything about it I don't already know. I was sniffing the packets prior to finding BF2s.com. At the time, no one had a publicly released package available to download. Jeff's was the only one, and he had taken it offline. So me, being the wise guy I am, used Google cache to find the link to the "package". (sorry Jeff!)

Do you know why Jeff took it offline? Because this site killed EA's stat server, literally brought it down. The entire BF2 community could not play the game. Once the servers were back online, EA blocked all traffic that didn't have the correct user agent(That took me 60 seconds to figure out). So Jeff tries to limit the traffic load with his queries, again, crippling the stat server. He was IP blocked after that. From that point, EA decides to create a completely new server, to serve the web based stat sites. This took the load off the BFHQ feed. There hasn't been a major problem since.

There are a few others who use this new "beta" XML based feed. Do you want to know what the data looks like? See here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=85375#p85375
Does that look anything like what you see in the BFHQ feed? I think not. This XML feed was supposed to be released to the public, but I don't think it ever will be now. I think that sucks.

BF2s.com cannot use the BFHQ feed. He has an agreement with EA/Gamespy that prohibits him from doing so. If he were to do this, he would lose all access to the stats.

I hope I've cleared up some "unknowns" for you. I still use Jeff's original code(with copyright intact) which I have on my machine, and heavily modified to my liking. My brother also uses it for immediate stat updates. I wanted to create a page for my clan mates much like you're doing. But given that EA doesn't want anyone using that feed for web sites, I've decided not to publish it on my clan's web.

There are two different feeds, believe it or not. I don't give a shit. I'm tired of typing, and I'm missing the Hockey game.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

ldd_bozo wrote:

Hmmm well you found how he parsed it.... LMAO....   thats not how it comes from them....Stop embarrasing yaself..
You are one stupid MF. Stop posting here.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

ldd_bozo wrote:

Hmmm well you found how he parsed it.... LMAO....   thats not how it comes from them....Stop embarrasing yaself..
Actually, everything NM has said has been 100% correct. Everything you have said has been inflamitory, egotistical, and/or idiotic. Thanks for dropping by.

...demoted
Ballistix5
+36|6776|Forster NSW
Oh.. So the stats server is down?

Ok

Ya'll are makin such a big deal of this, its not workin use ur In game BFHQ
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6713
well bf2s' stat is seriously detailed tho lol

anyway you guys got a date when it's gonna come back?
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6691|England, GBR
BF2s is not only in depth, it's interface is so easy to use.

It pisses on the rest tbh.
MrBrain
+24|6692|Finland

Ballistix5 wrote:

Ok

That's not the problem, read the announcement -> "Subscriptions have been disabled while I fix my mail server. Sorry folks! "

"my mail server"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

lol ?
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6732|Michigan
Heh, I think what you guys do here is great. It's free (unless someone wants to donate) so those of you crying about it... donate then bitch. Otherwise... just wait it out like the rest of us.
And if I read another post where some noob says "man... I should have my veteran badge... wtf."    I'm going to puke.
kriz77
+3|6656|The Netherlands
On the ingame BFHQ,
I dont have BF2 in the office here 'yet' but i do have internet
GSEqUaTe
+0|6656|Galactica

MrBrain wrote:

Ballistix5 wrote:

Ok

That's not the problem, read the announcement -> "Subscriptions have been disabled while I fix my mail server. Sorry folks! "

"my mail server"
Just regged to help with the understanding here...

The mail server being broken has absolutely nothing to do with the stats feed.
The stats feed is down. The announcement has that bit as a link to _this thread_.

The mailserver bit would be related to two or three things.. 1) donators get a different set of options (?), this is not available for new donators until after the mailserver is running again (unlikely that this is the case - seen no mention of it)
2) registration to the forums was disabled. (i say was because i just reg'd) if confirmation emails were sent with account details, then the mailserver being b0rked would affect this.
3) thread subscriptions are disabled. Obviously, if the mailserver is down, notification on new posts in a thread (and forum emails and such) would not be working.

Again, this has _nothing_ to do with the stats feed whatsoever.
EA, in their infinite 'wisdom' have pushed out changes without notification or testing, and broken the entire thing.

There is an old feed that many stat trackers use. They shouldn't be (afaict). That's why they're working though.

Now quit your whining and just play the game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard